Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2017, 08:31 AM   #1

New Aire Oasis buzz - Domestic Water - Summer loop

First trip with the New Aire and the Oasis system has a very annoying buzz every time we turn on a faucet. Seconds after running water a buzz starts coming from the Oasis Distribution Module in the basement. If we open a faucet for say 15 seconds the buzz continues for a few minutes after the faucet is closed.

While the buzz was happening the "Domestic Water" and "Summer Loop" lights were on the Oasis system, when the buzz stooped those lights went off.

Is this normal behavior for the Oasis? I'm really hoping not because the sound in the coach is quite annoying.
Gonna_Wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2017, 08:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna_Wander View Post
Is this normal behavior for the Oasis? I'm really hoping not because the sound in the coach is quite annoying.
No experience with Oasis but a lot of experience with hydronic systems in homes. If I had to guess you have air in the Oasis lines that must be purged. This is a common set up issue of new systems. Takes time to get all the lines purged of trapped air.

turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #3
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna_Wander View Post
First trip with the New Aire and the Oasis system has a very annoying buzz every time we turn on a faucet. Seconds after running water a buzz starts coming from the Oasis Distribution Module in the basement. If we open a faucet for say 15 seconds the buzz continues for a few minutes after the faucet is closed.

While the buzz was happening the "Domestic Water" and "Summer Loop" lights were on the Oasis system, when the buzz stooped those lights went off.

In our Dutch Star I never noticed noise from the Oasis system. After about nine months our summer loop pump failed. It was said on this list that there were problems with these pumps, the reason for mine failing so soon. Our new pump is louder and now I can hear when the summer loop pump is running. We are in Sedalia at the rally and was planning on asking ITR (Oasis) about the noise this week. My guess is that it is normal for the new style pump.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #4

Try turning on you bypass and running for awhile. If the line needs purged this should take care of minor amounts of air. Do note your overflow tank (engine compartment on a DSDP) level before and after.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
In our Dutch Star I never noticed noise from the Oasis system. After about nine months our summer loop pump failed. It was said on this list that there were problems with these pumps, the reason for mine failing so soon. Our new pump is louder and now I can hear when the summer loop pump is running. We are in Sedalia at the rally and was planning on asking ITR (Oasis) about the noise this week. My guess is that it is normal for the new style pump.
Does your summer loop pump run overtime you use water, and does it run for a few minutes with each use of water?
Old 10-03-2017, 05:57 AM   #6
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Talked to ITR yesterday about my new summer loop pump being louder than the last pump. They said that different pumps can be louder than others. That is what I expected they would say. ITR also said on a new coach that there could be air in the lines. It would need to be hooked up to a pump to be purged or minor air would take care of itself. I would do as Dr. Phil mentioned and run the bypass for a little while. Then let the system cool down (turn electric and diesel off) over a couple couple nights (turn back on in the morning) and watch the level in the reservoir.

"Does your summer loop pump run overtime you use water, and does it run for a few minutes with each use of water?"

The summer loop pump runs periodically and for a couple minutes after running hot water.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:05 AM   #7

My summer loop runs after every use of hot water. Having hot water run for as little as 10 seconds will cause the summer loop to run for 3 to 5 minutes.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:28 PM   #8
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have not timed it but could if you would like me to. Keep in mind that the summer loop pump will run longer if the heat transfer fluid in the tank is not up to temperature.

Tags
air, water