Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2018, 09:12 AM   #1

New Aire Owners. What tire pressure are you running?

Now that there are a number of New Aire owners I was wondering what front and back tire pressure you have settled on. I know to have the coach weighed and that will impact what you should run at. However, it seems some set their pressure a bit on the lower side to improve ride.

So, if you own a New Aire, what have you settled on for tire pressure?
Gonna_Wander is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2018, 09:52 AM   #2

You are correct your best option here is to weigh your rig front and rear all setup the way you use it (full of fuel, water, loaded with your gear) (ideally side to side as well) and then look at the chart provided by your tyre manufacturer and put in the appropriate cold pressure.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna_Wander View Post
Now that there are a number of New Aire owners I was wondering what front and back tire pressure you have settled on. I know to have the coach weighed and that will impact what you should run at. However, it seems some set their pressure a bit on the lower side to improve ride.

So, if you own a New Aire, what have you settled on for tire pressure?
Great topic...will be interested in the responses.

When I did my FPU they did the 4 corner weigh and set my tire pressures at: Front: 105, Rear: 90

We put on about 6,000 miles at those pressures and the coach drove beautifully.

Recently, I had the Freightliner 6,000 mile service performed at North Trail and while driving home the coach drove very different...felt like I was all over the road.

When I got home, I checked the service report and saw they had changed the tire pressures to: Front: 120, Rear: 110.

I think my "sweet spot" is at or near the original pressures set at the factory, but will be interested to see what others are experiencing.
BuckyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:28 PM   #4

My NA weighs around 35,500 lbs configured for a trip with all fluids full. Based on those weights I run pressures 100 front and 90 rear.

Majority of my driving is in the desert southwest, so depending on the time of year with tire heating my "running pressures" will be 10 to 15 psi higher than the cold pressures. The front tires will tend to heat up a little more since those carry more weight per tire than any of the tires in the rear.

Obviously running pressures will vary widely depending on outside temperature, speed and road surface but when it comes to handling the "running pressure" is the metric that governs. I have temperature sensors on each tire. It is interesting to watch the temperature changes (and thus the pressures changes) with road surface. Moving from a concrete highway to a fresh (very black) asphalt highway will raise tire temperatures significantly on hot days.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:54 PM   #5

My 2019 weighs 35500 loaded and per Michelin chart we run 100 in front and 90 in back. Rides and handles great.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:20 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
At our one-year chassis service at Freightliner in Gaffney, our weight was 33,880 (12,710 front and 21,170 rear). Based on this, they recommend 105 for the front and 95 for the rear, and based on the Michelin inflation chart I agree.

We reduced the inflation three times from initial pick-up, and each time it improved the ride. Now it seems right, and the handling has improved dramatically.
WardSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:08 AM   #7

12,400 front; 21,060 back.
FCCC Recommended: 90-95 PSI front; 85-90 PSI back.

That was before I went full time so I weigh a bit more than that now (not that much).

Tags
air, tire pressure