Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2019, 11:26 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
New Bay Star 3626

Looks like the 36xx 2020 models are going to be on the 26k chassis. That should help, just still have to watch the toad weight.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2019, 03:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
We looked at a 2019 BayStar 3626 yesterday with the two recliner option. No washer/dryer and the posted carrying capacity was only 1700 and change lbs. no enough for us since we full time.

KJR
We're really happy with our Bay Star, but if I were considering full timing, I'd definitely want a diesel pusher. You need the cargo capacity as well as the improvement in ride and noise for full timing.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:11 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
We looked at a 2019 BayStar 3626 yesterday with the two recliner option. No washer/dryer and the posted carrying capacity was only 1700 and change lbs. no enough for us since we full time.

KJR
Hmmm. We have 1830 lbs available per the sticker. Also had the dealer replace the washer and dryer with a combo unit. That gave me back the upper storage space where the dryer had been, additionally giving us the weight of the dryer added to the capacity. We also have the 2 recliners and the buffet/workstation with freestanding table.

Given our BS 3308 only had 1230 lbs available (and we stayed within that), the carrying capacity of the 3626 seems cavernous to us!
Patti Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:31 AM   #18

2019 Bay Star 3124

Well, we have had our Bay Star for almost one month and have had it out on two weekend trips. Over all, very happy with it. I must agree with the placement of the Xite radio and using the Navi feature. Way too far away from normal eye travel. I may also go back to the 760RV Garmin on the dash. The storage bin doors? I'm pretty happy with them other than the largest one on the driver's side that I cannot get to latch no matter how I adjusted the striker piece on the coach. Getting that fixed this week.

So unlike the previous coach we had, entry level SOB.... the Bay Star on the 22k chassis is a hulk (good thing) and we are looking forward to many trips. We found a few things to be fixed.... shower drain is leaking, Atwood water heater does not work on LP and the latch I mentioned above. Other than that, the workmanship on this coach compared to the previous SOB is like night and day. Thanks for sharing with us Patti!
Earl II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:40 PM   #19
KJR

Another member with a 2018 3113 had shower drain leak. Had to get if fixed twice and some insulation replaced. Lack of plumbers putty under the drain if I Romberg correctly.

KJR
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:45 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl II View Post
...We found a few things to be fixed.... shower drain is leaking...
How did the leak manifest itself? Want to keep an eye out. Thanks!
Patti Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:03 PM   #21

We were not quite level with the front end a bit low. Second weekend out with it there was a small bit of water coming out into the main living area from the corner of the bathroom after the showering was done. Didn't do it the first time we were out. I am hoping that my local RV service center will get authorization from Newmar to repair the issue. I am having it weighed and Saf-T-Plus installed by them.
Earl II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:12 PM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the info folks. I get mine this spring. I will be back here with my experience. Will be watching this thread.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:37 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti Brown View Post
Hmmm. We have 1830 lbs available per the sticker. Also had the dealer replace the washer and dryer with a combo unit. That gave me back the upper storage space where the dryer had been, additionally giving us the weight of the dryer added to the capacity. We also have the 2 recliners and the buffet/workstation with freestanding table.

Given our BS 3308 only had 1230 lbs available (and we stayed within that), the carrying capacity of the 3626 seems cavernous to us!
We looked hard at the ‘19 3626, really liked the floor plan, very spacious. Our dealer, Midway, had a special paint option on one we really liked, but the OCCC lower than we wanted and the DW really wanted a bath and a half, so we decided to get a 3609. Seeing that the ‘20s 36’ers we’re going to be on the 26k chassis, we ended up ordering a new one. Can’t wait to get it in late April. Enjoy your 3626 and plz continue to post so we can learn for your experiences, thx, we appreciate it.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:47 PM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Exactly, I looked at the one there several times, not only lighter chassis, but I must have recliners. I will miss my theater seating that I just put in the current coach within the last two years.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:54 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Exactly, I looked at the one there several times, not only lighter chassis, but I must have recliners. I will miss my theater seating that I just put in the current coach within the last two years.
We really want theater seats or recliners in the 3609, but for the next few years we may have our HS/college age kids travel with us a few times and we need a place for them to sleep. Once they are done going with us, the sofa is gone!
Old 01-13-2020, 08:46 PM   #26

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti Brown View Post
Just traded in our much enjoyed, and well cared for, 2014 Bay Star 3308 for a 2019 Bay Star 3626. Same floor plan, just a little longer. Thought I would share some initial thoughts on the new coach. Most of this report is about little things, but useful ones in our opinion. Entry door is much heavier, very sturdy. It no longer flops all the way back to the side of the coach, but has an integral stop. The privacy door shade is now an accordian shade built into the screen door, rather than the old roller shade mounted on the wall over the door. Obviously the electronics are updated. There are now chassis battery powered USB ports on both driver and passenger sides. The glass shower door now closes up from right to left, and locks on the left side, which means the open space when locked is across from the toilet. DH thinks this is a HUGE improvement to the "glass wall" on the old coach. The shower is 4" wider, the same width as a household tub. Gives more elbow room! The driver and passenger seats are definitely more comfortable. Nicely cushioned. The house batteries are under the hood, rather than on a slideout tray in the basement. Huge improvement in access for maintenance!

We bought our new coach, as well as the 3308, from Independence RV in Winter Garden, FL. Again it was a most excellent experience.

Will update more as we learn more.

Is there a towel rack on the bathroom door?

Independence had the best deal, but is really too far for me to go to pick it up, and I am never in Fla., so I gave up a few options to get the price from a closer dealer to match Independence. Sounds like a great dealership.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:04 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Bathroom door on the 3626 has a two-pronged towel hook. There is also enough air space over the shower door to drape towels.

Also, we took a tip from this forum years ago to simplify cleaning the shower. When we are setting up for glamping, we put up a tension rod and shower curtain inside the shower doors. Now I never have to clean the glass or the tracks (well, have to dust the inside of the tracks now and then). Stow it away before we take off so it doesn't vibrate off the walls.

One other pet peeve we resolved. I LOATHE that wavy piece of art on the wall across from the bathroom! When the coach is closed up, it eats up 2" of precious hall space. A real PIA when you're trying to load it up or use it overnight boondocking. The dealership couldn't figure out how to get it off without damage, but I did, so here's what to do:

The picture is held on by both adhesive-backed Velcro on 3 sides and a fixed hanger. Gently loosen the Velcro across the bottom and slide something smooth between the hook and loop sides (I used aluminum foil) so it won't reconnect while you work. Similarly loosen the Velcro on the sides. Now you can slide the picture straight up off the hanger. You can re-use the picture-side hanger on a flatter picture or so something similar to cover the area (taking the Velcro off the wall can damage the wall covering). In my case, I made a lightweight fabric wall hanging and put it up with Velcro, so I could re-use what was still on the wall.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:07 AM   #28

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
New Bay Star 3626

Thank you. I think replacing that with one or two towel bars will be an early mod. Hmmm. Interesting point on the picture. I will have to pay attention to that.