Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2007, 01:57 AM   #1

We picked up our new '07 DSDP 4307 on Monday. PDI plus a couple of issues related to our tow vehicle pushed us to Tuesday to start our shakedown cruise from near Orlando to Reelfoot Lake, TN. But, we are really pleased with the coach so far. Spent our first night south of Montgomery Alabama and finished unpacking. Plenty of storage, etc.

Good experience so far with Indpendence RV in Winter Garden, Fl. They have followed through on all aspect of the sale. I'll be dropping it back there on Monday to work through whatever list of items we find on this trip, so we'll see how the service is!?

One item I missed in the PDI was to find the spot where cable and phone gets hooked up on the outside of the coach. Looked everywhere last night and still can't find it. Didn't ask at the pdi since this is our 4th coach and I figured I'd be able to walk right to it! My mistake.

Also had some water in one of the storage bays after 12 hours of rain Monday night and through our drive on Tuesday. Have to figure that one out.

Thanks again for the help of all of you as we made our decision. Regards, Bob
BCook57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2007, 01:57 AM   #2

We picked up our new '07 DSDP 4307 on Monday. PDI plus a couple of issues related to our tow vehicle pushed us to Tuesday to start our shakedown cruise from near Orlando to Reelfoot Lake, TN. But, we are really pleased with the coach so far. Spent our first night south of Montgomery Alabama and finished unpacking. Plenty of storage, etc.

Good experience so far with Indpendence RV in Winter Garden, Fl. They have followed through on all aspect of the sale. I'll be dropping it back there on Monday to work through whatever list of items we find on this trip, so we'll see how the service is!?

One item I missed in the PDI was to find the spot where cable and phone gets hooked up on the outside of the coach. Looked everywhere last night and still can't find it. Didn't ask at the pdi since this is our 4th coach and I figured I'd be able to walk right to it! My mistake.

Also had some water in one of the storage bays after 12 hours of rain Monday night and through our drive on Tuesday. Have to figure that one out.

Thanks again for the help of all of you as we made our decision. Regards, Bob
Old 10-03-2007, 02:21 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Bob, I'm sure with all the '07 DSDP owners here on the forum you'll have an answer soon, but my "guess" is that it's in the utility compartment, even if mounted facing down from the ceiling.

My phone and cable connections are on a sidewall of this compartment, but covered with a top hinged cover the same color as the wall...
Even took ME a minute to find them...

Best advice for the shakedown is.......USE that thing.

I'm also suspecting the compartment doors are out of adjustment, which would allow some water intrusion....been there and done that too!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:48 AM   #4

Bob and Katie,

My phone and cable TV connections are in the electrical bay where the 50 amp power cable is stored. I also have a switch behind the passenger's seat that selects either the broadcast TV antenna signal or the cable TV signal. Hope this helps.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:24 AM   #5

How did the coach ride - assuming you took I-65 North thru Montgomery? For us in an 05 DSDP that is the absolute "end of the world" as far as bad road surfaces and rough ride.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:02 AM   #6

To bontemp and all others traveling through Montgomery,Al. ON behave of the State of Al and its citizens I apologize for the conditions of our roads. I65/I85 through Montgomery is simply deplorable. Please slow down and anticipate large pot holes. We have repairs and construction taking place but it will be 2010 before they are complete

Good Travels Aubie
aubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #7

Thanks for the replies regarding the cable outlet - found it where you all said. It was so high up on the wall, on top of another device, that I missed it. Put a 3' coax on it with a connector so I won't have to reach up there every time.

The first trip went very well. The floorplan was just as livable as we expected. We like the tile floor throughout.

It came with a Techna toilet - new to us but worked well.

Dropped it back at Independence today to deal with a relatively small number of issues:
1. Water in storage compartments during rain.
2. Intermittent squeak in front door.
3. Cracked cabinet door in kitchen area.
4. Strange "cycling on" of dash lights and headlights on their own at night. Stay on for about 8-10 seconds and then shut off!

All in all a great first trip.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:19 PM   #8

Hey Bob Sounds like a good time!!!

What is a Techna Toilet???

Rick
Old 10-08-2007, 03:32 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

It's actually a Tecma toilet....it's an electric toilet made by Thetford, was first made famous in the marine industry.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:57 PM   #10
cwg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Strange "cycling on" of dash lights and headlights on their own at night. Stay on for about 8-10 seconds and then shut off! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ours was doing this on a periodic basis. It turned out to be the A2 module in the dash searching out codes to the keypad on the door. There is a sequence to having the two marry up, at least according to High line service. In any event, you might want to give your dealer a head's up on this hint (as Duncan RV repair in Elkhart and to whom Newmar sends all of their overflow stuff had no clue). Since I ran the sequence, the poltergists have ceased and no more self locking and lights flashing.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:47 AM   #11

CWG - thanks. Copied your response and forwarded to the dealer. He said he has never encountered this before and was going to call Newmar.

The Tecma toilet seems to be a "motorized" device. Worked well. For dry camping, it would use a little too much water without some careful management. Very solid and comfortable in use.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:27 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congratulations BCook57 on your new Newmar.
Many safe and trouble free miles.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote