Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2020, 09:00 AM   #15

Congrats, I know I sleep better knowing my coach is tucked away in its storage shed, allows me to not worry about potential roof leaks forming and wood rotting away unseen while it sits in storage. As long as you have a straight approach driving in you should be fine with a 14 foot wide door, the roll up door on my shed is only 12 ft and I manage, though I have came within an inch of taking a mirror off before when pulling into the shed in the dark.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2020, 12:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Stump View Post
Thanks for this thread....So I am still thinking if I want a back-up hook-up or a pull in back out hook-up??
Where do u have yours? ….Thinking drive in for me so steps face center and after a long drive I do not want to think to hard backing up and want to leave toad hooked up if raining..

I do not want to have to throw the 50amp cord under the bus for hook-up..
Ours will be a back in. It's our only choice. Approx 160 ft of backing. Electric and water will be on the utility side and the door will be facing our house, making it easy to load and unload. We have to unhook in the street, usually a trailer, back the Motor home in, then get my truck and retrieve the trailer. Future plan is to tow the truck with a motorcycle in the bed. Current coach didn't have the towing capacities to do that.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:00 PM   #17

Just add a second hook up. Shouldn't be that expensive.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim494 View Post
Just add a second hook up. Shouldn't be that expensive.
Second hook up for what ?
Old 05-19-2020, 06:40 PM   #19

For 50 amp. Responding to Pine Stump's dilemma of which side.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:39 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Stump View Post
Thanks for this thread....So I am still thinking if I want a back-up hook-up or a pull in back out hook-up??
Where do u have yours? ….Thinking drive in for me so steps face center and after a long drive I do not want to think to hard backing up and want to leave toad hooked up if raining..

I do not want to have to throw the 50amp cord under the bus for hook-up..
Ours is “Pull-in”. Pulling in allows the 50 AMP plug, the Generator Set and Oasis exhaust to be located on the outside wall. NOTE TO THOSE THINKING ABOUT BACKING IN:. Any “driveway slope” has to be considered in determining the interior ceiling/garage door height!! Because of the location of the rear wheels and the coach “overhang” behind the wheels any “approach” slope in your driveway will cause the rear cap of the coach to rise MUCH higher backing in as opposed to the front cap when pulling in! We cannot back into our garage, we would hit the garage door!! And you wondered why you took geometry in High School...
Old 05-20-2020, 02:21 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have the option of driving in or backing in as we had the luxury of a big driveway. I prefer backing in so we ended up putting the 50 amp on the utility side. We thought about putting another one on the back wall, but as posted previously we opted to add an RV power box (with 50/30/20 amp) outside that’s located between the roll up doors. Just wanting to have multiple options for hook up.
Dave.FL is offline   Reply With Quote