Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2023, 08:27 PM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Water and sewer hookups at both mid- and rear. I have only seen a couple of parks that did that, but oh so convenient.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2023, 08:34 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby Baby View Post
Instead of cement for the pads, maybe consider pavers. From what we've experienced pavers are more durable, drainage is better and looks beautiful
Pavers would be a maintenance nightmare. They would be open to weeds and grass growing in-between the cracks and the chance of the pavers getting lifted up from frost heaves leaving high spots as tripping hazards.
Gary Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:55 AM   #59

Considering the increase interest/installation of solar by RV manufacturers and owners installing solar on their rigs, you may want to consider a "solar" section in your park for those that are "electrically" self-sufficient. We travel for months on-end and we stay at parks for the laundry, dump and water we can use/get but beyond that, we use HH/BW, BLM, state parks and COE. The only consideration would be generator usage to "top off" the batteries on cloudy days and that can be easily restricted to certain hours. In-so-far as trees are concern, shrubbery works just as well. We installed solar on our rig so we weren't as dependent on RV parks like those w/o solar and could stay at places that didn't offer electrical. The appealing part of having a "solar" section for those have gone to the expense of having it would be the reduced cost of a stay and the added security of leaving the rig for hours while we explore the area. One key success to any business is to know and cater to your target audience - how like is it that your target audience will pay for your service and you having the ability to profit from it and (key point) sustain your business in the future? What's in the Nappanee are that people are will to pay for an "upscale" RV park?
EdsMotohome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:55 AM   #60

New Rv Park near the mothership

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtchild1 View Post
One thing I have not seen mentioned is length of the spaces. I would recommend some longer spaces for those of us that pull bigger trailers. Many motorsport people are running at 75’ or maybe even a little longer (not always legal in some states, but reality) and having to get into parks can be a real hassle. If you can’t have some longer spaces, a dedicated and secure spot to drop trailers is better than nothing. I for one, and most that I talk to in the motorsports world, would gladly pay extra to have room to easily park with our rigs. Good luck and looking forward to visiting your new facility once it is up and running!

This is big for me we will have 50 pull throughs that are 80’ long and about 6 that are 152’ long
Old 03-20-2023, 04:06 AM   #61

(Mod Edit) I have cropped off the location so hopefully this works [ATTACH]388514
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8298.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	388514  
Old 03-20-2023, 06:02 AM   #62

One-way Roads?

I'm in agreement with the folks about the # of pickleball courts. Is this Napannee, IN? (Near Elkhart?). Looks like a nice town. I need to check out Nappanee sometime.

I looked at your sketch. It seems like the roads would have to be two-way in order to accommodate people backing in on each side since the sites are diagonal. I suggest lining them up like an ARROW / | \ with a road in the middle to make back in simpler. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.
bkbonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:15 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbonner View Post
I'm in agreement with the folks about the # of pickleball courts. Is this Napannee, IN? (Near Elkhart?). Looks like a nice town. I need to check out Nappanee sometime.

I looked at your sketch. It seems like the roads would have to be two-way in order to accommodate people backing in on each side since the sites are diagonal. I suggest lining them up like an ARROW / | \ with a road in the middle to make back in simpler. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

No you are correct roads are 25’ wide I don’t like the arrow design because I want you to be able to see your utilities when backing in not as big of deal with a motorhome but if they are on your blind side with a tt or Fw it can be a challenge for some.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:23 AM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Make the top three on your list plural.
2016 GMC Yukon Denali
NO-ETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:49 AM   #65

Forest River Owners Club
A vote for *NO* fires

Many of us older folks are having lung problems. DW has severe asthma and COPD.

We have had to leave several campouts and come home due to her exposure to smoke from campfires. We also had to visit a local ER at 3:00 AM one night when the smoke was particularly bad, even though we were "sealed up" inside the MH.

If we have to stay inside when we go somewhere, there is not much point to having the RV.

So I'd vote for having a section, if not the whole park, as a no campfire area.
mappleg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:11 AM   #66
Community Moderator

Steve, when somebody checks in, the check in information you give, have some information about the area:
something like Shipshewana (Rise N Roll or Yoder's Meat) and maybe about some other shops, and even some information about location of MorRyde, some repair shops, even Bontrager's/Johnson's in White Pigeon.

I would consider approaching them about advertising in a small booklet you would pass out during check in. Maybe see if they will offer a discount or something like that for your customers.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:47 AM   #67

A question on the event center what size would you think would work good for a group of 150? And should this be a separate building toward the back or attached to the office?
I am thinking something with some large glass doors on at least one side that would open up to a patio area. Also have a kitchen area. This would only be used by people staying with us not outside events.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:20 PM   #68

Forest River Owners Club
I don't see the sketch people are mentioning. I may have to find my laptop.
Old 03-21-2023, 05:07 PM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The initial sketch was taken down but a revised version is back up in post 61.
Old 03-22-2023, 04:35 PM   #70

All the power, luck and we’ll wishes to you. A fitness equipment area ie spin bike, treadmill are always appreciated.
Liberty Call is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rv park