Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2023, 05:54 AM   #1

New Rv Park near the mothership

My Wife Junelle and I are from the Nappanee area. We have over the years stayed at many nice upscale resorts and feel there should be one close to Nappanee. So since no one else has built anything we decided to embark on the crazy adventure to build one. Now we are not big commercial developers but we do know what we like in an RV Resort. [moderator edit] We want to build an upscale resort style park. We would love to hear from you guys on things you would like to see or ways we can make it awesome. some things we are planning to have are
  • large pool area
  • dog park
  • pickle ball court
  • enclosed pavillion with kitchen area for rallies
  • Several buddy sites
  • 20' wide concrete pads 30' grass between

We would love to hear your input
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2023, 06:05 AM   #2

That sounds awesome. Good luck!

Will you be looking to become a KOA or similar?
Old 03-15-2023, 06:07 AM   #3

Looks great - best of luck.

I don't see them on the sketch, but you indicate having a dog park - with the size of the development, is it possible to have one on each end with a divided area for large and small dogs?

Would each site have a raised lp fire pit or real?

Just some thoughts - again looks great.
Old 03-15-2023, 06:48 AM   #4

Wishing you and Junelle much success and that God will continue to bless your business and family. As previously mentioned fire pits and maybe a hot tub.
drdonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 06:54 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Site plan looks good. Concrete is nice to avoid mud. Angled sites should make parking easy as long as the streets are also a good width so you don’t have to arrange to have cars moved to get out. Dog park is a must. It should be large enough for some running and include small and large sizes areas. Parks with WiFi good enough to stream are rare and appreciated. Pickle ball area might be small.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:02 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Our #1 is dog park since we have two 60 lb Doodles pups that need to burn energy. The two best dog parks we have seen is at Anchor Down and the new Hilton Head National. HH has almost an acre for dogs. Anchor Down was a little smaller but had a nice seating area with an awning structure for people shade. It was also all fake grass which the dogs didn't mind. I know the artificial grass is expensive (we just did 1,000 square feet at our house) but it minimizes upkeep for the park and the dogs do not get muddy when it is wet and the grass gets thin.

Second comment. I wish there was some other clever layout that would be more appealing than the parking lot approach. I realize you need to maximize the number of spots to help make the $$ work.

Good luck. We need to get to the Mothership in the next couple of years and we will look you up.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 07:25 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
While this is a great idea, it looks pretty crowded like RVStitchy mentioned. I too have a dog and look for grassy areas to walk her wherever I end up staying. If this is meant for staging for the Mothership then maybe not an issue but I feel there needs to be more places to walk pets. Finally, as a pickleball player, your sizing is too small. The court is 44 feet in length, so leaving 3 feet at the end of each side is way too short.
shepardmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
That sounds awesome. Good luck!

Will you be looking to become a KOA or similar?

No KOA but want it to be an upscale resort and will definitely want to be on that app
Old 03-15-2023, 11:20 AM   #9

We are planning to have fire pits and we we will have a few sites with deluxe outdoor kitchen areas

I like the idea of dividing the dog park I didn’t think of that as we don’t travel with pets thanks for your input
Old 03-15-2023, 12:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepardmike View Post
While this is a great idea, it looks pretty crowded like RVStitchy mentioned. I too have a dog and look for grassy areas to walk her wherever I end up staying. If this is meant for staging for the Mothership then maybe not an issue but I feel there needs to be more places to walk pets. Finally, as a pickleball player, your sizing is too small. The court is 44 feet in length, so leaving 3 feet at the end of each side is way too short.
what would be a good size for the pickle ball court? This is just what the designer added I appreciate your input.
Old 03-15-2023, 03:07 PM   #11

Very ambitious project, to say the least. I didn’t try to count, how many sites? Now the fun begins, starting with getting all the permits. Are you able to access city water and sewer. If so it solves a lot of issues. If it’s rural, be sure adequate power can be brought in. It isn’t always an automatic yes. Hope you have thick skin because it is likely there will be public hearings and those seldom bring out supporters, only opponents. Obviously there isn’t a landscaping plan to view but hopefully there are trees, otherwise it’s going to be a field of RVs which isn’t highly attractive.
Personally, I would prefer another restroom facility or two and wouldn’t have the pool out of view of the office.
Bigceasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 03:37 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Although my wife is an avid pickleball player, it is a very loud an annoying sport. The sites in the vicinity may not appreciate being near a court.

On a positive note, pickleball is becoming more and more popular. You may want to double up on the number of courts to support all the campsites you have planned.

I agree with another responder, move the pool closer to the office if you're planning on having kids stay there.

Sent from my SM-A515U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 03:45 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats, Steve! I hope it works out well for you and your family.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 07:15 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great idea Steve. Should keep you and Jenelle busy for a while. Looking forward to staying there. Just a few items that bug me from time to time.

1) On the utility hook-ups, keep the water hose bibb connection at least 18" off the ground. I have been to some parks where it's too low and makes hooking a hose up to it very hard.

2) Try and lay out the sewer hook-ups so they can be reached with a 10' - 15' hose. I always like that by not having to get out my hose extension. Yes, I am one that still uses the old fashion 3" sewer hose.

3) A good WiFi system is always good.

4) An online reservation system is great, so you don't have to call to make a reservation.

5) Angled sites are nice. If 90 degrees, make sure roads are wide enough like some have mentioned already.

6) When you pull into the park it's always nice to have a long un-hooking area if possible.

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rv park