RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2020, 11:03 PM   #1

New to RVing Looking at 2020 New Aire

Selling my vineyard and winery - going F/T traveling in a RV. After much online and dealer searching and visiting, I've selected a 2020 Newmar New Aire 3341. MSRP is $430,597 including many extras. Offered a 22% discount. With tax, title and licensing, cost would be $337,820.
To old pros, how does that sound? Don

donvidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2020, 11:40 PM   #2

I got 27% off...specials were passed from Newmar without any upcharge from dealer. I pick it up from the factory on February 17th.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:59 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
interesting. Did the MSRP go up a bunch in 2020 on a 33'? I got 25% off. But a much lower MSRP... No upcharge on the $45k in specials.
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:26 AM   #4

With the washer/dryer, dishwasher and 510 W solar panels the discount offered is 24.1%
donvidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:31 AM   #5

Sounds really really dumb to me. First timer buying new is a collosal mistake. You want a MH fine. Go buy a nice used one in the 100,000 or less range. In a year or so if you decide you actually love RVing then shop for something different. By then you will have a good idea of likes and dislikes. There are so many floor plans and styles of RV this time next year you may find the MH is really not to your liking. Buying new, the minute you drive off the lot you will loose about 50K, so shop wisely.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:58 AM   #6

33' Sounds small for full timing, but to each their own is my motto.

As far as buying new Vs. used, no one loses anything unless they sell it, which is a good reason to get exactly what you want and enjoy it. We did just that and have no intention to ever replace it.

The discount from MSRP sounds weak, to me. I think you can do better. We worked a deal for a bit over 30% from a very reputable dealer while submitting our build sheet to 4 different dealers. There was quite a range of "best price". If you are attempting to buy a unit off the lot, you will probably have to settle for paying more than if you had your dream built exactly the way you want it.

Good luck! Make good choices now and be more satisfied later. -Paul
Old 02-08-2020, 03:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by donvidon View Post
Selling my vineyard and winery - going F/T traveling in a RV. After much online and dealer searching and visiting, I've selected a 2020 Newmar New Aire 3341. MSRP is $430,597 including many extras. Offered a 22% discount. With tax, title and licensing, cost would be $337,820.
Congrats Don - many people are envious of you! As to discounts - that is at least 5% to high- but it also depends on other cost and services. As to buying new versus buying used. Both are good points. If you have never owned a motorhome - buying new will cost you a LOT more to change motorhomes with a couple of years.

You also don't say if you solo traveling or have someone with you. 33 feet can get small. The gentlemen who told you seemed small is right. I started with a 34, then a 37, then a 40 and now 43'10". Loving the extra room! Food for thought. A new 4369 Ventana will be about $50K less than the 33 foot Newaire. The new Ventana is an excellent motorhome! I have had Mountain Aire, Dutch Star, Ventana LE and the New Ventana, a 2020 model, is nicer and better than any of them where! Just letting you know to not get hung up on a brand.

As to size, ever driven a smart car or a cadillac - both are cars, one drives and rides a lot better than the other one - guess which one? The same thing will happen with the motorhome. And once you are in a motorhome- guess what - you drive it by using your cameras and your mirrors! 34 or 43 - they require the same effort. People get scared about size - but it is NOT an issue. Now if you just want to stay in the National parks and state parks - size becomes an issue. Believe me, after staying in them - I don't want to take a $400K motorhome and see it get scratched up trying to drive in roads that haven't been prepared for vehicles that wide, that long and that high at least once a week. You see those parks in your toad - if your smart. Learned those lessons the hard way. Just some food for thought my friend - make sure you really know about how you really use a motorhome before you decide. Go walk into the masterbath of the 4369 and then go look at the masterbath in the 33 foot coach. Take a good look and think about taking a comfortable shower?

Their is a reason the 4369 is the top selling model and now some slight variations of that floor plan my friend.

My main focus here - don't get intimidated by the size of the coach. It is actually just as easy if not easier to drive the bigger coaches. You really will not know that until you drive them.

Best of luck with whatever you decide. Its a wonderful lifestyle but more room, means more fun and less complaints! If your going to park it a lot and use it as your home - you will never regret having more space!
Gamaliel Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Congrats Don - many people are envious of you! As to discounts - that is at least 5% to high- but it also depends on other cost and services. As to buying new versus buying used. Both are good points. If you have never owned a motorhome - buying new will cost you a LOT more to change motorhomes with a couple of years.

You also don't say if you solo traveling or have someone with you. 33 feet can get small. The gentlemen who told you seemed small is right. I started with a 34, then a 37, then a 40 and now 43'10". Loving the extra room! Food for thought. A new 4369 Ventana will be about $50K less than the 33 foot Newaire. The new Ventana is an excellent motorhome! I have had Mountain Aire, Dutch Star, Ventana LE and the New Ventana, a 2020 model, is nicer and better than any of them where! Just letting you know to not get hung up on a brand.

As to size, ever driven a smart car or a cadillac - both are cars, one drives and rides a lot better than the other one - guess which one? The same thing will happen with the motorhome. And once you are in a motorhome- guess what - you drive it by using your cameras and your mirrors! 34 or 43 - they require the same effort. People get scared about size - but it is NOT an issue. Now if you just want to stay in the National parks and state parks - size becomes an issue. Believe me, after staying in them - I don't want to take a $400K motorhome and see it get scratched up trying to drive in roads that haven't been prepared for vehicles that wide, that long and that high at least once a week. You see those parks in your toad - if your smart. Learned those lessons the hard way. Just some food for thought my friend - make sure you really know about how you really use a motorhome before you decide. Go walk into the masterbath of the 4369 and then go look at the masterbath in the 33 foot coach. Take a good look and think about taking a comfortable shower?

Their is a reason the 4369 is the top selling model and now some slight variations of that floor plan my friend.

My main focus here - don't get intimidated by the size of the coach. It is actually just as easy if not easier to drive the bigger coaches. You really will not know that until you drive them.

Best of luck with whatever you decide. Its a wonderful lifestyle but more room, means more fun and less complaints! If your going to park it a lot and use it as your home - you will never regret having more space!
Gamaliel Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:59 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Buying new is never a mistake if you want a new RV and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Everyone has different opinions and yours are as good or better than anyone else’s.
Old 02-08-2020, 04:18 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I agree that buying new is the right move if that’s what you want. My first RV was a new 40 foot DP and I kept it for 10 years. I would have kept it longer except it developed a delamination problem that I didn’t want to deal with. I got my full money’s worth from that new rv and enjoyed having a new motorhome that I had ordered to suit my wants and needs, not someone else's. I now have a 45 footer that I like even better. Don’t think I’d be happy with a sub-40 foot coach but that’s a very personal choice and there is no right or wrong.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:09 AM   #11
jrs

Consider doing a factory pickup and putting out a bid to 5-6 dealers for the best price.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:13 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
With the washer/dryer, dishwasher and 510 W solar panels the discount offered is 24.1%
donvidon, to help balance out the dramatic unsolicited feedback telling you lost your mind and are buying the wrong motorhome, Iíll share I had a 40í before this coach. I FT in both and am quite comfortable in my 33. I am the camp with a few others here: to each their own. I do not believe I am missing out by not having a bathroom large enough to lay down in, a 1/2 bath or two sofas common in those larger rigs. However, the larger gray/fresh/black tanks in the larger rig is missed.

Since you are looking into adding solar, I am going to assume you do not want to hang out at full hookup campgrounds all the time. One of my reason for downsizing was the frequent difficulty of getting the better scenic or uncongested spots on public land with my larger rig. To avoid the ďexcessive slopeĒ notice I had to compromise where I parked and spent a good amount of time micro positioning the rig.

I was new to RVing when I moved into my first MH in 2015 and both my coaches were brand new. Wouldnít want it any other way. Love building my coach my way. Donít mind paying a premium for that experience. I do regret not doing factory pickup to get me acquainted with all that is complex about a motorhome; especially the NA.

Before I go, I should bring this note back to why you reached out to us in the first place. I have been reading every NA thread since 2018 and when I placed my order I did so with the understanding the NA hasnít had as generous a discount as the other models. Back in 2018/19 you were lucky if you could find a coach to walk through. So, it was no surprise to me that dealers had no strong motivation to offer a traditional discount. Perhaps the dust is still settling...

Youíll run into a few NA fans here. Happy with our decision to go smaller. Welcome to our little family.
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:30 PM   #13
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum, Don
This link has some good write ups on the 2018 first year for New Aire that will supply you with many of the problems for a first year and the many improvements now applied to 2020 year..
This link is for 2020 year coach's and dealer list also.
Good luck and safe travels in your New Aire.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:00 PM   #14

We love our New Aire, spending 8-9 months a year in it AND after owning and extensively use 45 ft coaches for 10 years. We have plenty of storage for everything we need to stay on the road for months at a time and do not miss the footage and inside room that we gave up. Our bathroom is plenty roomy enough, we have our king size bed, 450 hp, more technology and all of the amenities that we enjoyed in our Cornerstone. For US, it was absolutely the right decision. The handling and maneuverability are unbelievable and we often stop at smaller, cleaner and cheaper stations for fuel. The 60 degree wheel cut is amazing and actually turns shorter than my pickup. We love the coach and our decision and will not go back to a large tag axle coach. All JMHO

Tags
air, rving