Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2016, 10:06 PM   #1

New Vinyl Graphics Suggestions Needed

I removed my old vinyl graphics and I'm looking for ideas on how I want the new ones to look. I have attached a photo of the before and now the blank after. I'm considering going with a new look rather than to try and match the old. I will be working with a local sign/graphics company that can do stripes or even some wrap/stripe combo. I need to go slightly larger to cover up the old shadowing. The original was flaking a little and was looking tired. To expensive to go the paint route...and to boring to leave with nothing...so looking for ideas. Considering something larger and bolder but no to wild.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	125256   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	125257  

noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2016, 12:51 AM   #2

Ok let me get this design party started. Since I have a painted solid color on the bottom of my coach and white gelcoat everywhere you see that is white, would it look hokie to put a wrap on the back using a cool tropical sunset picture and then do some swirls on the sides in colors that would compliment the back and also work with the solid painted color on the bottom of the coach? Here is a picture for the back I'm considering. Or forget the picture idea on the back altogether? Lets face it, it's a 2002 year coach and no matter what I do it will never look as good as the newer full body painted coaches. Especially the new models Newmar has now in the DS line.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sunset.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	434.9 KB
ID:	125262  
Old 04-26-2016, 01:01 AM   #3

Another choice for the back. I lived in Hawaii for 5 years and surfed everyday so I'm partial to the tropical theme. I'll be able to get these ideas and pics added to the coach via the magic of the computer once we get started on the design process with the sign graphics company. I'll post the computer models once we get started and ask for some feedback from the forum. Just trying to come up with some ideas to get the graphics folks some ideas to work with.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	surfer.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	125263  
Old 04-26-2016, 01:17 AM   #4

I think this looks really nice if I could do something similar with the swirls. I would skip the picture on the back if I could find a way to make it look similar to this. It's a big ask I would think.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dutch star.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	337.2 KB
ID:	125264  
Old 04-26-2016, 04:06 AM   #5

here is what I think .picture at the back looks awful in my own opinion ,it is something that scream 20 years ago .
don't be worried about covering the old gelcoat high lite as they will slowly disappear with time ,once the sun hit the untouched spot ,that gel will change color to eventually blend .
My idea is go for something like the last pic you posted ,looks awesome and will make the unit look 10 years younger .all the graphics will attract the eye and will make the old print invisible
if you deal with a graphic design place ,they can take the shot of the white unit and create image in the computer and have different looks to show you .
don't settle for something plain like you had go for newer looking graphics.
in the end you will fall in love again !!!!!!
better come back with the final result ,I sure want to see it
gridfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gridfighter View Post
here is what I think .picture at the back looks awful in my own opinion ,it is something that scream 20 years ago .
don't be worried about covering the old gelcoat high lite as they will slowly disappear with time ,once the sun hit the untouched spot ,that gel will change color to eventually blend .
My idea is go for something like the last pic you posted ,looks awesome and will make the unit look 10 years younger .all the graphics will attract the eye and will make the old print invisible
if you deal with a graphic design place ,they can take the shot of the white unit and create image in the computer and have different looks to show you .
don't settle for something plain like you had go for newer looking graphics.
in the end you will fall in love again !!!!!!
better come back with the final result ,I sure want to see it
Great advise. I agree. I have worked with this company before. They did some vinyl graphics on a company truck and also some sign and logo work so I have watched the computer process and your exactly right.