Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2017, 03:36 PM   #1

New VT Owner-Questions about Engine Serial Number and Fuse Locations

Two questions I'll combine into one post:

How do I get to the engine to see the ESN? All I see is radiator when I open up the compartment.

Newmar says there is a fuse panel in the shore line compartment according to my build sheet. Where is it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0352.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	363.8 KB
ID:	148702   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0353.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	148703  

RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post

How do I get to the engine to see the ESN? All I see is radiator when I open up the compartment.

Newmar says there is a fuse panel in the shore line compartment according to my build sheet. Where is it?

The easiest place to find your engine number is in your kitchen cabinet. There is a Freightliner decal in there with several serial numbers including the engine number.

The fuse panel in the shoreline compartment is on the far wall, pretty much behind your power cord reel. It is not easy to find or get to and likely behind a small black plastic panel. This is a 12v fuse panel.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:08 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post

I think the S/N is posted on the radiator frame as shown in your photo. As I recall, there is a double "banner" riveted to the radiator frame, posting the S/N twice.

There are several fuse panels in the coach, one of which is, indeed, in the shoreline compartment, behind a panel attached by velcro.

RB
Bushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:16 AM   #4

Norm Mac-Thanks! The ESN was on that decal. I never noticed it before. Now I can register the engine with Cummins.

Bushy-those are actual duplicate VIN number plates. Additionally that sticker to the right of the plates has the VIN. That is three VIN numbers all clumped together and no ESN anywhere in sight.

That fuse panel looks like fun to access. I went looking for it when my hot water went out. Fortunately it was operator error after calling the Newmar help line.

Thanks.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, engine, fuse