Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2017, 02:51 PM   #1

Newbie question: Best way to fill new 2017 Dutch Star water tank?

Husband and I are brand new owners. We need instruction as to how to fill our new 2017 Dutch Star water tank. We are not on the road yet, but still figuring things out. This is the first thing we're needing to know. Thanks all!
calasiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #2

you can use the automatic fill, hook water up with onboard hose, make sure handle is in auto fill mode. then inside in the cabinet where inverters and batt level meter, select to auto fill (the module that tells you tank levels) and that will do it. should auto shut off but keep an eye on it. the control panel is second row center to the right of Oasis control.
bonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:40 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
IF your tank is 1/3 or less, the autofill will work. As David said,you need to have both the lever in autofill and the autofill enabled in the control panel. Mine only filled to full at the factory with the technicians watching when I went there to get it fixed. For me it always filled to 2/3 and quit. Then I put it in manual mode and waited for water to come out of the overflow on the opposite side of the coach. Then when you take off, the water would siphon out to 2/3. There was a fix posted here about drilling a little hole in the overflow tube to stop the siphon which is a great idea but didn't get it done before I sold the 4018. If my 2018 does the same thing, I'll know how to fix it. Maybe the autofill will actually work on my new one, and maybe it will work for you on yours. Hope that answers your question and happy motoring!
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:48 PM   #4

Will work or will not work?
calasiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:21 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry, maybe too much information.

Not sure about your last question but autofill does not operate if your tank is 2/3. Only 1/3 or empty. I didn't design it...
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:29 PM   #6
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you look on the left side of the water compartment in the back, you can see the water tank and the water level in it. We use the auto fill all the time and it works well for us. The water fills to 2/3 on the electronic display. I measured the water level in my tank and it is 8 1/2" out of 10". So to me this is filling it to 85%. I am happy with this and only twice I wanted to put more water in it.

We leave auto fill always on, when hooked up and also leave the water pump on for extra pressure. The only problem we have is the autofill will time out if the campground water pressure is low or the water filter starts to slow the flow as it gets older. So I just check to see if autofill is on every time I check the tank levels.

Paul
2017 Dutch Star 4018
ptw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star, newbie, tank, water