We took the leap and spent the night in an IOWA state park last night. Overall great experience for a 1st time camper in a 10 year old rv. Now for the questions:
1. Regarding previous post (newbie questions), yesterday was the hottest day of the year and only 1 AC was painful. How can I tell if the starting caps are good in an rv AC, otherwise I'll just bite the bullet and replace the unit. If I do, should I go with a 13.5k btu like the original or upgrade to a 15k btu? My thinking is that if I'm limited to a 30 amp hookup it would be better to run the larger AC as a single unit.
2. Awning over the door: what do you hook it to, to keep it open? All the other ones have a plastic catch mounted to the side.
3. Turn signal beeper: Came on for the 1st time on the return trip. Was it just luck that it was "broken" before since it is such an annoying racket?
4. Odometer doesn't work, speedo seems to work ok: Where should I try to get a replacement unit? This is a sealed can so I don't think it is repairable.
5. Drain hose has pinhole leaks. Recommendations for replacement or is there only 1 company that makes these.
Note: I live in Omaha, about 15 miles from a Camping World, am reasonably handy with tools, am experienced troubleshooting plumbing and electrical systems, and am too dumb to know when I should let a pro handle the problem (and according to my better half, too stubborn even if I did know).