Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2017, 04:43 PM   #1

Angry Newby to motorcoaching - need info on 2006 Newmar Ventana

Well the wife said “I want a rv,diesel pusher”. So being of sound mind, we looked for months for the right diesel pusher,did I mention it had to be the correct set up inside( she would know it when she saw it). We found one in a estate sale and I can’t get anyone to help me understand how to use it.
No dealer instruction book, no storage compartment keys,batteries etc. I looked at YouTube for everything I need and used most of the suggestions. The dealers really don’t want to help over the phone, must bring in to shop so we charge u $130.00 per. Everyone said same key c-751 fits all rv’s not! Just thought I d complain but I will get my wife’s diesel pusher ready to enjoy the rv life.(I Hope)
Just need some help on finding instruction on a 2006 Newmar Ventana.
Lost man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2017, 04:50 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Newmar went away from "standard keys" back around the time we ordered our second DSDP in 2002.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:59 PM   #3

Ventana's are pretty nice. I am sure once you figure out the details you will really enjoy it
Dillon_fwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:03 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi,
Plug in your model number for various parts - <--clicky (usually found inside a cabinet door or in the washer/dryer cabinet and you should get a number of your questions answered.

If it is the specific model number of the coach It should be something like "Model DSVT3831" or "DSVT3836"...something like that. Our sticker giving that information is in the Bedroom closet and looks like this:

On the upper right of the sticker you will see NSDP3933 that is our model number.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:04 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Where do you Live? I am sure that someone near you would help you with basic operation.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:04 PM   #6

Have you tried calling Newmar - they likely have a tech support group.
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:16 PM   #7

Have you posted this in the Newmar group on this site?
Old 11-01-2017, 05:27 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Newmar owners group is here: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:40 PM   #9

Lostman:
Welcome to the forum. You won't be lost for long.
A little more info about you and your MH would be helpful though. There may be someone in your hometown with a MH similar to yours who would help guide you through your learning curve.
Lynn
Old 11-01-2017, 05:58 PM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost man View Post
I think if you take your questions over to the Newmar Owners Forum, the moderator "007" will have a wealth of info for you, including manuals, brochures, links and advice. Good Luck!
TinCanTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:12 PM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost man View Post
Well the wife said “I want a rv,diesel pusher”. So being of sound mind, we looked for months for the right diesel pusher,did I mention it had to be the correct set up inside( she would know it when she saw it). We found one in a estate sale and I can’t get anyone to help me understand how to use it.
No dealer instruction book, no storage compartment keys,batteries etc. I looked at YouTube for everything I need and used most of the suggestions. The dealers really don’t want to help over the phone, must bring in to shop so we charge u $130.00 per. Everyone said same key c-751 fits all rv’s not! Just thought I d complain but I will get my wife’s diesel pusher ready to enjoy the rv life.(I Hope)
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

When we bought the Windsor there was no key for the storage bays or the main door lock (same key fits both in our case). We had the keypad so we could lock and unlock them that way, but wanted a real key.

I called Monaco parts department and they sent me a master key that couldn't be duplicated but allowed me to remove the cylinder. I took the cylinder to a local locksmith who made me keys. I had to return the master key to Monaco.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:24 PM   #12

I have a 2015 Ventana. Ventana line of Newmar's lineup is wonderful, as are all of their coaches. There is a very high likelihood that other 2006 Ventana owners are on this forum. Newmar Customer Service (800.731.8300) is very helpful. They support more than just the original purchaser. You will need the last 6 of the vin number before you call.

If you ask more specific questions on this forum, you will be surprised of the support that fellow members provide.

Congratulations on your new coach. Lots of happy memories, yet to be made, are in your future.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:46 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum and irv2 LOST MAN.
Here is a link to help you get around irv2,
This link will get you into all tsb's, brochures, owners guides, recalls and if you have the VIN# OR BUILD NUMBER you can get all the original build information of coach your interested in.

2006 BROCHURE --- OWNERS GUIDE
Brochure says you have gas heat so this link will get you to furnace and water heater info.
This link will explain your battery systems and you have the BIRD System for charging your batteries all of them. When your parked at home plug shore line into at least 110 volts and all your batteries will be fully charged. FUSING AND WIRING & BIRD WIRING
You will need to check the water levels if you have wet cells if AGM's its alot easier.
If your thinking of changing out your batteries, adding 50 amp service at house need other repair info this link will help.
Not sure what jack system you have NO MATER, but this is how you move slides after they are deployed.

Now if you do not have enough just check all links below in my signature which will have many answers for your new Newmar, congratulations and welcome to the Newmar family, enjoy the forum and safe travels'
Oh yes one other thing you mentioned this link may help you.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:22 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I guess Lost Man is a lost man, I guess I'LL send a e-mail.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote