Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2018, 10:02 AM   #1

Newgle - Need A Little Help

I've been trying to see what information is available on Newgle. Since I'm a new Newmar owner maybe my expectations are wrong. I'm trying to find wiring diagrams and technical drawings/information/schematics but Newgle seems to contain no useful information in my opinion. It appears to simply be an extension of the basically useless owners manual.

Am I looking in the wrong place or does Newmar just not provide any drawings for their customers? If not, how in the world do you track a wiring glitch without just following the wires? Is there some other source I should be looking at?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2018, 10:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
I've been trying to see what information is available on Newgle. Since I'm a new Newmar owner maybe my expectations are wrong. I'm trying to find wiring diagrams and technical drawings/information/schematics but Newgle seems to contain no useful information in my opinion. It appears to simply be an extension of the basically useless owners manual.

Am I looking in the wrong place or does Newmar just not provide any drawings for their customers? If not, how in the world do you track a wiring glitch without just following the wires? Is there some other source I should be looking at?
See this post. Not much help but you need to know the facts. Good luck with reverse engineering.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:24 PM   #3

I wish I'd known that Newmar doesn't share drawings with owners. I would have factored that into the Newmar vs Tiffin decision. I was left with the impression that the "new" Newgle would have all the information you could ever want. Instead it's just a collection of OEM supplier documentation. Shame on me for not digging deeper before purchase. I'll be sure to let other potential Newmar owners know about this shortcoming.

Guess I'll be calling Newmar customer service on a regular basis.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:31 PM   #4
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
I wish I'd known that Newmar doesn't share drawings with owners. I would have factored that into the Newmar vs Tiffin decision. I was left with the impression that the "new" Newgle would have all the information you could ever want. Instead it's just a collection of OEM supplier documentation. Shame on me for not digging deeper before purchase. I'll be sure to let other potential Newmar owners know about this shortcoming.

Guess I'll be calling Newmar customer service on a regular basis.
Really? You'd base your decision to buy a motorhome on the availability of a wiring diagram?

Did you ask Newmar customer service for a copy of the wiring diagram you need? They've been pretty helpful when I requested similar information.

As for Newgle, it does have a long ways to go before it becomes useful. The old version was year/model specific. Hopefully, Newmar will refine this new version to provide more specific information.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:00 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I have a friend who was recently at Tiffin for repairs. While working on his repairs, tech came to his coach and started to remove his instrument cluster. He asked what they were doing. They stated that they were working on another coach that had a cluster issue and wanted to see how his was wired. Doesn't sound like they have much for wiring diagrams either. Have to agree with TJ, I wouldn't base my buying decision on it
4B77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:11 PM   #6

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgfox54 View Post
I have a friend who was recently at Tiffin for repairs. While working on his repairs, tech came to his coach and started to remove his instrument cluster. He asked what they were doing. They stated that they were working on another coach that had a cluster issue and wanted to see how his was wired. Doesn't sound like they have much for wiring diagrams either. Have to agree with TJ, I wouldn't base my buying decision on it
Hmmmm...I was under the impression that Tiffin/Newmar/Entegra all provided full wiring/plumbing/suspension schematics with their coaches ..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:51 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

The Tiffin I owned came with a spiral bound book with wiring diagrams for all coach lengths in my model.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:09 PM   #8

Every Tiffin owner I've ever talked to has a full set of diagrams and drawings. And yes, I would absolutly consider the availability of troubleshooting documents in my decision to purchase a motorhome. I just assumed it was available since it is for most well made motorhomes. My fault for not checking before purchase.

There's nothing more irritating than having to spend several hours back tracking a couple of wires to find an inline fuse buried in the top of a storage compartment somewhere. Not all of us return to the dealer/factory for every little issue.

I know not everybody wants one or can even read a schematic but they are necessary for effective troubleshooting of problems. I wouldn't even mind paying a reasonable fee for adequate technical documentation.

All of my Monaco coaches came with full documentation as did my National. Winnebago provides all diagrams and drawings on line. Why should I have to call the factory everytime I want a simple drawing?
Old 12-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Hmmmm...I was under the impression that Tiffin/Newmar/Entegra all provided full wiring/plumbing/suspension schematics with their coaches ..
Not true for Newmar. All you get is a generic, non-specific owners manual that is mostly full of warnings to not stick your tongue on a cold flagpole and a bunch of OEM manuals. Newmar's on-line documentation is about the same thing with a couple of parts catalogs (without pricing) thrown in.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkebb View Post
The Tiffin I owned came with a spiral bound book with wiring diagrams for all coach lengths in my model.
Get ready to join us as we reverse engineer the wiring in the New Aire. I have done a fair amount to date but have not documented it since there are some parts of the system which are a mystery to me.

The very first call I made to Newmar when I ordered my NA in August of 2017 was to get a copy of the wiring diagrams. They absolutely refused that request several more with different excuses.

The most important schematic in the New Aire is the wiring associated with TM102 Total Coach Manager. The TM102 is the brains of the New Aire SilverLeaf system. Many of the "logic decisions" to control SilverLeaf modules are made in the TM102. The TM102 and the associated "Relay Interface Board" can be the source of many problems that arise with the SilverLeaf system. Since this system "talks and listens" to all the SilverLeaf modules in the coach it is essential to know how this thing is hooked up to troubleshoot problems.

Below is a schematic of the TM102 associated wiring I was able to "barrow" from several sources on the internet. This schematic is for the 2012 King Aire version of the TM102. I can confirm some of the connections are the same as I found in my 2018 New Aire version of the TM102 but there are also some significant differences. There are several "mystery wires and relays" that I cannot find their termination. Just one example of all the missing documentation.

There are also KIB boards all over the New Aire that perform a number of "logic" functions. There is absolutely no documentation on these boards anywhere including KIB corporate web site. They are "black boxes".

So this is the situation we have trying to maintain a sophisticated, all electric, digital coach a long way from any dealers that can reliably service the coach and no documentation to fix it ourselves.

turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Probably 95% of the behind the instrument cluster wiring is provided by the chassis manufacturer.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #12
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Sounds like someone needs to buy a Winnebago or Tiffin! Or, a Ford. To each their own.

TJ
Old 12-07-2018, 04:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
Sounds like someone needs to buy a Winnebago or Tiffin! Or, a Ford. To each their own.

TJ
That's a very helpful response. Thanks for your assistance.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #14
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
That's a very helpful response. Thanks for your assistance.
What "assistance" are you looking for? Obviously, the wiring diagram you are upset about is not available. Continuing to complain about that fact will not produce one. You don't seem willing to accept the fact that it isn't available, so that just leaves the other choice. Right?

Just trying to be helpful.

TJ