Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2022, 02:36 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Newmar 2011 Mountain Aire Full Wall Slide

Good Afternoon,
I am running in to a major issue where my full wall slide is out and will not retract. I tried the switch in the front cabinet and nothing and then was told to try to retract it from the panel in the cabinet. I followed the instructions and the rear motor runs but the rod is not turning at all. I cannot tell if it could be the transtorque or if the gears in the motor have gone bad but the front motor works fine and turns the cogs but the back motor runs and nothing turns. Since I have no shop nearby that makes road service calls I was looking for some help as to how to replace this motor. It has a shaft going forward which is accessible but the shaft going to the rear is in the motor and the cog wheel is behind a body panel with no access. The bracket for the motor is welded on so I am trying to figure out what the correct method is to get the shafts out of the gear box on the motor so I can replace it and the transtorque bushing to I can actually move it. Currently I am stuck and cannot drive it at all. I have sent emails to Newmar for the last 2 weeks and have not gotten any reply.

Thanks for any help.

Bill
billcease is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2022, 02:47 PM   #2

Not surprised they are Ignoring you. They already have your money and their service after that is Horrible. But looks like you already know that .. :(
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 04:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcease View Post
Good Afternoon,
I am running in to a major issue where my full wall slide is out and will not retract. I tried the switch in the front cabinet and nothing and then was told to try to retract it from the panel in the cabinet. I followed the instructions and the rear motor runs but the rod is not turning at all. I cannot tell if it could be the transtorque or if the gears in the motor have gone bad but the front motor works fine and turns the cogs but the back motor runs and nothing turns. Since I have no shop nearby that makes road service calls I was looking for some help as to how to replace this motor. It has a shaft going forward which is accessible but the shaft going to the rear is in the motor and the cog wheel is behind a body panel with no access. The bracket for the motor is welded on so I am trying to figure out what the correct method is to get the shafts out of the gear box on the motor so I can replace it and the transtorque bushing to I can actually move it. Currently I am stuck and cannot drive it at all. I have sent emails to Newmar for the last 2 weeks and have not gotten any reply.

Thanks for any help.

Bill
Bill: I would suggest posting more details about your slide system - hydraulic, electric, etc. Pictures would be a big help as well. This might get you more responses as people recognize the slide, as I am sure it is the same on many other coaches and years. Hope this helps!
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:14 PM   #4
dp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcease View Post
Good Afternoon,

Thanks for any help.

Bill
Call them, don't email.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:10 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
So it sounds like the front is trying to move and the rear is not moving. Then the slide will get jammed crooked. If so you can get a few strong bodies to push the rear in as the front is going in. That will get you back on the road.
Mr JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 07:25 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Try calling right at 7:30 Eastern time. I’ve had much better luck calling them as they open up.
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 06:35 AM   #7

A good many Newmar techs are at the Tampa show. That might impact phone/email availability for the short term.

Tags
air, mountain aire, newmar, slide