Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2022, 05:34 PM   #1

Newmar 2702 Variation in Year?

Hi all,

My husband and I are looking to buy a used Newmar 2702. I was wondering if there are any good resources for comparing the differences between the years? We're looking at anything from 2017-2022 depending on price and (limited!) availability.

I know that from 2022 they moved to v8 from v10, but am not getting very far with other big differences. Also, is anyone aware if any year is particularly prone to certain issues etc?

Or is this a rookie mistake to even ask this question? For example, I suspect the condition of the van is likely a much bigger factor than the year and the features?

It might be good context to know this will be our first RV. We've rented vans and a 25ft Class C but are looking for something we can spend a few weeks at a time in while keeping size down.

Many thanks for any help!
HelsBels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2022, 06:10 PM   #2

Your best bet would be to review the BSS brochures for all of the years your interested in. I doubt there is a document already compiled to compare features between years. You can find the archive of brochures on Newmar's site here.

Actually Newmar and most others started building their 2021 coaches on the new (V8) F53 chassis. Ford moved to the new chassis in January- February of 2020 but most builders called the coaches built on the new chassis 2021 models. It is normal that the chassis model year and the coach model year are different by 1 or in some cases 2 years. When looking at the 2017 models be aware that the 2016 model year chassis has the V10 with a 5 speed transmission, for the 2017 model year Ford used the same V10 but installed a 6 speed transmission. Some early 2017 coaches may be built on a 2016 chassis.

Edit, It appears from a quick look I may have misstated when the 6 speed transmission was implemented, it appears that that the 2016 chassis is when Ford started installing it. Sorry for misinformation.
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 06:22 PM   #3

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Hi HelsBels,

I’m excited to hear you are looking for more information on a Bay Star Sport 2702. The best way to compare years and specs is to give us a call or you can go to Newmar’s website and under the OWNERS tab you can go through ARCHIVED BROCHURES to see the features from each model year.

Feel free to contact me and we can help you with your research 🧐!
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
214-392-1100
Angie Morell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar