Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2020, 09:40 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Newmar Campground

I am planning a trip to Newmar the week of Dec 6 to bring my father in law for the PDI on his 2021 King Aire.
We are traveling in my Tiffin Phaeton and intend to caravan back home to Minnesota and he continues to his home in Phoenix after a short stay in the north.
He is new to motorhomes and the electronics technology in the 21 King Aire may be more than he will understand so he asked for an assistant as he goes through the PDI. For the cost of the factory PDI it would be a shame if he went through it and did not grasp everything the new coach had to offer.
Does anyone know if there is room at Newmar's campground for the Phaeton while I go through the PDI with him? Is it even allowed to have a second vehicle there?
If not is there a campground open this time of year that we can stay in?
Thanks for any replies.
Mbe111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2020, 09:57 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I would think they will make accommodations for a King Aire customer.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:05 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
When he has the PDI done why not record it. Then he will have a record of how things are done and he can go back to the recording in the future as a reference.

With all their sites Newmar should be able to accommodate you. Call them and make sure.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:15 PM   #4

Wow! New to motorhomes and going to Minnesota in December before taking off for Phoenix? Has he considered just to head due south to I-10 for his trip to Phoenix? A lot safer in a new motorhome in winter.

I agree with TonyDi to record the PDI. Best of luck to both of you!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:20 AM   #5
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In 2016 we stayed at Camp Newmar with our Winnebago for a factory tour and then again while our Dutch Star was being built. Not sure what the rules are at the new facility but I am sure if you call them, they will accommodate you.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:20 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - I would guess that this time of year, where things are slow, they would approve your request. I agree that heading due south and then west makes the most sense. Why run a new RV on salted roads if it isn't necessary?

Tom
Old 11-26-2020, 09:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Hi - I would guess that this time of year, where things are slow, they would approve your request. I agree that heading due south and then west makes the most sense. Why run a new RV on salted roads if it isn't necessary?

Tom
No salted roads in SW MN right now but that could change in a couple of hours at any time. Just saying.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:06 AM   #8

Call the Factory - Simple - should not be an Issue.

Salt and heading north in December with a New King Aire - is a - - - -

That SALT/ RUST will never leave that new Coach - I would not even leave the Factory until you Have a Window to get south in. Seriously - My Coach was delivered in a December Snowstorm and returned to the Factory for Rust Remediation Twice.

They never got it all - Yes My Coach had the entire thing Undercoated as part of the original Order as I ordered it for Use in the Winter.

Sorry not to be a Downer but if you think this through pretty sure you will see the logic to the statement.

If you do need to use it in the salt/snow, use the lawn sprinkler to rinse the underside as soon as you get south. (we use a high pressure sprinkler pulling (driving over) along the underside of the Coach, almost pressure washing the underside)

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 11:56 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
When doing a CPU Newmar allows you to park your old MotorHome or trailer next to you in the CPU pull thru sites in order to transfer your stuff. I don't see this is any different.
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 12:15 PM   #10

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
When he has the PDI done why not record it. Then he will have a record of how things are done and he can go back to the recording in the future as a reference.

With all their sites Newmar should be able to accommodate you. Call them and make sure.
I did that in the past and it was a great benefit.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:33 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The new camp ground actually has concrete pads - no longer a gravel lot and I have read here the old camp ground and overflow lots have been removed.

Why not call Newmar customer service? 1-(800)-731-8300 or better yet, email them and get an answer is writing: customerservice@newmarcorp.com

There is a lot, just east of the factory you may be able to park in, if you are not allowed in the "camp-ground".

Good luck,

g
Old 11-27-2020, 08:59 AM   #12

We were at camp Newmar in December of 2015 and it was not very crowded at all. I know the industry has gone bonkers this year but most folks would choose NOT to go back to Indiana that time of year. Problem is you will have very few CG choices open in December for the trip out/back. We just went straight there/back from KC.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:14 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
You should have been contacted about the visit already and that usually includes the supervisor’s team you will be on. Contact them and ask. I went for CPU in February last year. Since the old coach was traded in at the dealer and we were going straight to FL we had a Uhaul trailer with all our stuff. Being a slow time of year they gave us side by side spots so we could easily transfer.

Tags
campground, newmar