Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2023, 05:58 PM   #1

Newmar custom furniture

Hi All
I am looking at a 2018 Newmar and it has an adjustable height dining table. It is in a wheelchair model. We are not big fans of this style of table.

Does anyone know if Newmar would be able to build and ship the desk/buffet dinette table in the cabinet style that is in the coach we are looking at?

thanks!
Redram99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2023, 07:45 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redram99 View Post
Hi All
I am looking at a 2018 Newmar and it has an adjustable height dining table. It is in a wheelchair model. We are not big fans of this style of table.

Does anyone know if Newmar would be able to build and ship the desk/buffet dinette table in the cabinet style that is in the coach we are looking at?

thanks!
Give parts a call and ask them, but be sure and be sitting down once they give you their price... Just saying. On a couch I wanted they stated it would be $6,000. I had a better one made in real Ultra Leather Fabric for $2200.
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 07:48 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would check with Bradd and Hall out of Elkhart IN. Probably better quality and less costly.
2012 JEEP Liberty 4WD,Demco Dominator, AF1
GW4607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 10:44 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
When we bought our 2014 DS, it had the booth setup which we didn't want but thought we would give it a try. It was a no go. We ordered the dinette/buffet and free-standing table from Newmar. Since we bought it from a local dealer and he knew we didn't like the booth, he got us a good deal on the dinette/buffet.

The only mistake, we bought the chairs from Newmar which were ridiculously expensive. We later found something more to our taste online.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 11:18 PM   #5

Thanks!! Good to know they will entertain something like this. I was hoping so the cabinet profiles would match as close as possible.
Old 01-20-2023, 03:49 AM   #6

wood design

https://wooddesignrv.com/
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 04:25 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransil View Post
I also recommend this company. They are in Nappanee and know Newmar Coaches very well. They can design whatever you want and ship it to you for local installation. All done by email and phone. They send drawings for sign off. When they did a project for me it was right on time and on their original quote.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 11:29 AM   #8

Spartan Chassis
There is an alternative no one mentioned and that is a RV salvage place. A couple years ago, Colaw RV salvage in Carthage MO had lots of dinettes in their display area. Their website is https://colawrvsalvage.com/ and it cost nothing to ask if they have one.
Rev. Roy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 12:35 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Hi All

thanks!
Just know that Newmar offers about five different table configurations. When we ordered our 2019 DS, I had a hard time getting specs and views of the different setups.

There is one I've never seen in a coach and that's a roll top type table, kind of like a desk, where the table rolls back into the wall.

On our 2014 we went with a buffet that had the tabled fixed to the underside of the buffet and slid out about 8". It was narrow and too short. You couldn't place two placemats across from each other without them overlapping.

There's the booth setup.

The one we like is the free-standing table that stores under the buffet. It's a good width and length and has a 12" insert. We like the buffet models for both storage and the ability to put all the dinner items on the buffet keeping the table open. This buffet was also designed to be used as a desk. The top drawer on the left, as you faced it, has a slide out keyboard tray. I just recently converted it to a regular drawer.
Old 01-21-2023, 12:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Just know that Newmar offers about five different table configurations. When we ordered our 2019 DS, I had a hard time getting specs and views of the different setups.

There is one I've never seen in a coach and that's a roll top type table, kind of like a desk, where the table rolls back into the wall.

On our 2014 we went with a buffet that had the tabled fixed to the underside of the buffet and slid out about 8". It was narrow and too short. You couldn't place two placemats across from each other without them overlapping.

There's the booth setup.

The one we like is the free-standing table that stores under the buffet. It's a good width and length and has a 12" insert. We like the buffet models for both storage and the ability to put all the dinner items on the buffet keeping the table open. This buffet was also designed to be used as a desk. The top drawer on the left, as you faced it, has a slide out keyboard tray. I just recently converted it to a regular drawer.
Thanks! Can you send me the model# of the one that stores the table? Or a photo of what you have. It sounds interesting. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2023, 01:37 AM   #11
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The first photo is what we have in our 2019 DS. Free standing table and chairs, with buffet.

The second photo is what we put in our 2014 DS, the table has no leg, is narrow and doesn't slide out too far.

The third and fourth photos are the roll top style table.

The last one is just another view of the free standing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-dutch-star-dinette.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	384761

Name:	33117536_10215877518521294_3466733567940231168_n.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	384762

Name:	IMG_1161.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	384764

Name:	IMG_1724.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	384765
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	384763  
Old 01-24-2023, 04:17 PM   #12

Furniture

Quote:
Hi All

thanks!

Yes! go elsewhere! We used Dave and LJ's custom RV furniture. Perfectly matched and gave us just what we wanted. We have a 2-14 3911 and hated the table. We put in a fold away table and work station with matching cabinets. Took out that awful couch bed and put in move recliners. Cannot say enough about their work. They are in Woodland WA.
surflaw02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furniture, newmar