RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2018, 03:07 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Newmar customer service is over the top!

We are getting ready to finalize an order for a 2018 Mountain Air 4047 and have never ordered a customized coach before; just bought off-the-lot. In another thread, someone suggested contacting Michelle Howard at Newmar for assistance. Wow! That was a great suggestion!

I was amazed to call yesterday and have her answer the phone. I was expecting a "leave your name and number and I'll call you back." Not happening! She answered the phone on the second ring and we had a great chat. The end result was e-mailing her a list of requested specials. Got an answer back from her this morning.

Some of the more ambitious specials (Essex memory driver seat and factory-installed TPMS) were denied by Engineering for understandable reasons. Several of the "special requests" turned out to be unnecessary because they are now "standard" in 2018. The rest were approved and added to a specials list.

Of course, this positive response emboldened me to submit another set of special requests this afternoon. I'm guessing most of them will be approved as they don't involve anything exotic.

So, if you are considering ordering a customized coach, I encourage you to contact Michelle. She's very pleasant to work with and quite helpful in explaining some options that might not be clear if you haven't been through the ordering process before.

Michelle...and Newmar...are terrific!

TJ

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2018, 03:15 PM   #2

Would you mind sharing your specials. Thanks

Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:27 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Would you mind sharing your specials. Thanks
Our "specials" are pretty plain vanilla. Asked for several additional USB, 12-volt and 120 volt receptacles in various locations. You have to specify exactly where you want them and I'm sure your locations might be different than ours.

Also added a cold-water line to front of coach in addition to the hot-water line option. Added a full-width window in the kitchen (over the sink and below the microwave/convection oven). Additional set of towel rings in both bathrooms. (Interesting that they assume you only need one when most coaches have at least two occupants) We also deleted the wall clock in the kitchen. Oh, and added a tripod satellite dish input to the electrical bay and A/B switch at the receiver end.

As I said, pretty plain vanilla.

TJ
Old 01-10-2018, 05:25 PM   #4

I agree, Michele is a fantastic asset for Newmar. She helped us customize the materials used from other Newmar models and coached us through a custom paint job.
Breezy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #5

I've been exchanging emails with Michelle as I prepare to place an order for a Ventana 4369. Michelle is very helpful.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:57 PM   #6

Thanks on the specials.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:04 AM   #7

TJ, has to be exciting ordering a new coach and going from a Ventana LE to a Mountain Aire!
Proverbs 3: 5-6
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:17 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinfla View Post
TJ, has to be exciting ordering a new coach and going from a Ventana LE to a Mountain Aire!
Very exciting, indeed! We wanted something just a little larger than our current Ventana LE 3436 so we could have the two-recliner option, One thing led to another and we found our perfect coach in the Mountain Aire 4047. Then, the hard part started; finding one.

Of the several we found around the country, only a few had the two-recliner configuration and they were missing other things we wanted. We happened to find a dealer with a 4047 in the pipeline that was willing to configure it EXACTLY the way we wanted. Just couldn't pass up that opportunity. And, Michelle has been great in getting our specials list together. Looks like it will be a June delivery.

TJ
Old 01-11-2018, 08:00 PM   #9

My hat is off to Ms. Howard too as she represents the Newmar brand like the shinning star she is She understands and really cares about your particular future use of your rig. While visiting the factory her time and assistance in figuring out the custom paint colors was nothing short of spectacular. Thank you again Ms. Howard

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:04 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Michelle is the best!!!😍
Sicduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:45 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Michelle was extremely helpful in determining options. Actually got to meet her at Factory Tour.

Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, service