Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yesterday I received the new valve and electronic controller assembly fromNewmar. I had an appointment with local dealer to do the repair, but decided that since I had done all the work of diagnosing the problem, I should get the satisfaction of fixing it.

Turns out the heater core does clearly have an "inlet" labeled, and it is on the bottom. I removed the old valve assembly and the hose was long enough to reach the heater core without the need for a splice.

I only lost about a cup of coolant, and the job took less than 15 minutes.

Now I have a perfectly functional air conditioner. I was able to get a temp swing of 115 to 40 out of the dash air.

Attached is a picture of the valve assembly with the inlet marked in red.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3256354131.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	442.6 KB
ID:	40658  
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks "RED" so that would mean all of the Workhorse Newmar chassis are in the wrong location also.
Of course the valves being on top outlet and not on the bottom, the red tape mark inlet is what destroyed the valves, thus the ball valve installation.
Do not plan on buying a new valve in future to see if it will work the same at this point.
Was a simple install if they read inlet on heater coil and inlet on Evans valve.
Your diagrams post # 9 are correct.
It is not the first time we have self engineered on the forums.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #17

We bypassed(manual control) the valve some time ago but it only helped cooling slightly!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Can you give us newbees a picture of where this valve might be located in the engine? I understand the problem but do not have any idea where to look. Thanks.
rjmmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #19

It's in the front, above the genny on diesels. Generally on the passenger side.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Monty, if you read the first post of this thread you will see a picture of the valve and location it feeds into the Evans AC/Heater unit.
The valve would be just to the right of unit on one of the heater hoses hopefully the correct one.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you look at post #15 it has the valve before I installed it. Post #1 shows it installed with the water lines and the electrical.
The location is as PDR John says, on the passenger see near the top of the hood. Let me know if you need more help.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
More dash AC/heater probs

For those who continue to have dash A/C performance problems after you;ve applied the information in this thread, check out montiem's recent post on A/C high pressure switch.

"007": can you tie these potential problem solutions into "TIPS"?
(not a rant):
It looks like the split responsibilities between chassis, Evans-tempco and Newmar have created nightmares for coach owners. If assembled correctly, just dumb luck? Incorrect high pressure switches, incorrect valve assembly are forcing coach owners to troubleshoot and fix. It seems the service facilities take out incorrect or incorrectly installed parts and put new parts in the same (incorrect) way, at $125/hr. Once out of warranty you get very little assistance and mostly resistance. Evans acknowledged the switch problem but offered no help. I'm not going to sue over a second hand 7 year old coach, but what is the correct part?!! For those of us with coaches out of warranty, a service bulletin from Newmar identifying correct switches, valve installation would help. They can find most of the info on this forum.
(end of not a rant)

2007 NEWMAR 3613 VTDP
2015 WRANGLER JKU toad
Doodlebarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have the Evans valve by RedBaron73 in there now QT's 1&2 and Spartan & Freightliner forums.
I will add this thread with it also and look for something on high pressure switch part number, that Spartan is the supplier of.

I wonder if someone with a new coach can take a look at theirs and let us know????

AND SOMEONE WITH OLDER COACH 2003-2008 AND SEE IF THEY ARE DIFFERENT.

Thanks to anyone's help.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Go to this PDF to see what MFG is responsible for what part of your AC/HEATER Dash in your motorhome, you will see where the HIGH LIMIT SWITCH is located and what chassis MFG owns it.

There is also much information on the High Pressure Switch in three configurations as you move to end of PDF..
Old 07-31-2013, 11:35 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebarge View Post
For those who continue to have dash A/C performance problems after you;ve applied the information in this thread, check out montiem's recent post on A/C high pressure switch.

"007": can you tie these potential problem solutions into "TIPS"?
(not a rant):
It looks like the split responsibilities between chassis, Evans-tempco and Newmar have created nightmares for coach owners. If assembled correctly, just dumb luck? Incorrect high pressure switches, incorrect valve assembly are forcing coach owners to troubleshoot and fix. It seems the service facilities take out incorrect or incorrectly installed parts and put new parts in the same (incorrect) way, at $125/hr. Once out of warranty you get very little assistance and mostly resistance. Evans acknowledged the switch problem but offered no help. I'm not going to sue over a second hand 7 year old coach, but what is the correct part?!! For those of us with coaches out of warranty, a service bulletin from Newmar identifying correct switches, valve installation would help. They can find most of the info on this forum.
(end of not a rant)
Doodle , I agree with you, when I look at warranties overall they are of course right for the manufacturer , why should a warranty have two statements that contradict each other. A 30000 mile warranty is given but you have to drive those miles in three years, or if you don't use the miles the warranty has a time limit. I see coaches for sale that are 5 years old with 10000 miles but no warranty. I think warranties should be based on use, if that is one year one has used that component enough to find defects, use is one thing that can be determined on any kind of vehicle with a odometer.

Usage should be the determining factor not time on a chassis anyway. My coach is 4 years old, 27000 miles but there is only one warranty still in force, the transmission I think, not sure about that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2213474066.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	462.2 KB
ID:	43343  
Old 07-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by montiem View Post

Doodle , I agree with you, when I look at warranties overall they are of course right for the manufacturer , why should a warranty have two statements that contradict each other. A 30000 mile warranty is given but you have to drive those miles in three years, or if you don't use the miles the warranty has a time limit. I see coaches for sale that are 5 years old with 10000 miles but no warranty. I think warranties should be based on use, if that is one year one has used that component enough to find defects, use is one thing that can be determined on any kind of vehicle with a odometer.

Usage should be the determining factor not time on a chassis anyway. My coach is 4 years old, 27000 miles but there is only one warranty still in force, the transmission I think, not sure about that.
I went out and took this picture , upfront above genny
Old 08-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks guys. Am taking mine in today for other adjustments and have to have the air conditioner checked also. The dash switches fell out of the dash and also blowing hot air. At least now I have good info for them to look at.
rjmmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I checked my valve and I think it is working correctly, I drove my coach for about two hours and the AC was blowing about 40 degrees with the outside air at about 93. I thought that was good, I drove long enough for the valve to let hot water in the coil, I guess mine is in correctly.

Tags
dash, dash air, newmar