RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #1

Newmar Dealer Question

Don't know if this the correct place to post this. Being all Newmar owners I want to know the best dealer to sell and service the product. We live in Ohio are are willing to go south to get our coach. This would take place in Jan 2015. We would the start our journey west after delivery. Need your suggestions. Bbprod

bbprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #2

If I understand correctly you will head west after delivery so will not be using the selling dealer for service. If that is true I would focus on which dealer will provide best selling price. Perhaps some will chime in on good servicing dealers to help you if you need service while travelling.

I am happy with my dealer NIRV in Lewisville, TX. They provide hookups while getting service.

Good luck in your search.

osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Find the best price using the Internet and do a factory delivery.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Living in Ohio not far from Newmar for coach problems and warranty follow up, some use Coach Net I believe during their travels for chassis maintenance.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Find the best price using the Internet and do a factory delivery.
So you just negotiate via email and/or phone send a check and go to Newmar, never having been to the dealer?

Sounds like a plan! Any downside? Local dealers may not like you coming in for warranty if they didn't sell it?
Old 09-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Haven't done it yet but as I understand it you can get the option sheet, fill it out and send it to Newmar. Then the dealers you contact can get a copy and send you their bid.
And, of course dealers can refuse service if bought elsewhere as they're an independent businesses.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:43 PM   #7

We just filled out the build sheet to get an MSRP. I then sent it to a number of dealers telling them that I sent it all over looking for the best price. It was amazing the spread between them all. For Us we went with North Trail. So far they have been great.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:45 PM   #8

Get the best price you can, & take factory delivery. Get your coach warranty work done at Newmar where they will do it right. Running gear warranty is handled by Freightliner / Cummins at their multiple service centers across the country. I found Newmar to be very fair with their warranty authorizations.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:55 AM   #9

X3 on going out for bid and taking factory delivery. The folks at the factory will help you put the build sheet together and will help you with any customization requests that you may want.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #10
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I too emailed bids out and then negotiated the final price on the phone.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
On these deals where a factory delivery is chosen will there be trade-in or financing options?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #12

Prior to making our purchase I spoke to Newmar Customer service re getting warranty work done if you buy from an out of area dealer. I was told that any RV sales location that carries the Newmar franchise can not/will not refuse to service a Newmar product, nor will they make you wait beyond a reasonable time for repairs(ie putting you at the end of the line). When you have a franchise you may be an independent business but there are rules to keeping a franchise. They also told me that I could take it to any qualified shop to have warranty work done, which would have to be pre authorized prior to having the work done. I think Newmar holds their franchise dealers a little more accountable and has higher expectations than some other manufacturers.
Mike and Cha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Hi bbprod,
Consider attending the Tampa RV Super Show. Go to Florida RV Trade Association - Florida RV SuperShow and check it out. North Trail RV (largest Newmar dealer in the USA) and one other Newmar dealer are in attendance. There are 40 to 50 Newmar coaches across the entire product line at the show. North Trail usually sells most of the show inventory at the show. One year they sold every coach!

Consider contacting North Trail RV or Newmar to determine if what you want will be at the show.

If you have a coach now (any Brand) and want to stay at the show, go to http://www.newmarkountryklub.com/ind...014/09/04/148/- and check it out. If you are not a member of the NKK, you can still attend. PM me and I will provide the information so you can go as my buddy.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm with Gary. We went to the Tampa show (again), not intending to buy anything but after the DW sat in this coach, she wanted to see if maybe we COULD do a deal. My adage has always be to never buy a coach at a show....better to wait and sit down with a dealer at this place of business. So we told our sales guy what we thought was fair, they came back waaaay too high and I told them we couldn't do that and didn't want to waste their time any more. That led to another offer, and another and we walked out of there with a new one! Came back a week later to pick it up and were treated like royalty! North Trail is probably the most customer-friendly dealer I have ever worked with and would do it all over again.

So, yes, check out this show and I'll bet you'll find something you'll like. NT really does have a tremendous inventory and with their new location, this should only become larger.

slabman is offline   Reply With Quote