Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2018, 07:08 PM   #15

Independence RV in Winter Garden, FL. They are just outside of Orlando and you can fly in and drive home.

Give Scott Hamilton a call. He is very knowledgeable and helpful but is not pushey.

We would buy from them again and again.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2018, 07:14 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
We live 40 miles from Ancira, but if I was buying a new one today in Texas, the go-to dealer is National Indoor RV up in Lewisville, TX - 250 miles north of me.

NIRVC has better service for sure. Don’t know about price at NIRVC, but the sales attitude I have encountered at Ancira has not been the best.

I’m sure others on this forum will recommend Steinbring Motor Coach in Garfield, MN who has a reputation for good pricing and service.

Another perineal favorite is Midway RV in Grand Rapids, MI.

007 has an excellent reference on this topic under the Important Information for Newmar Owners section the front of the Newmar Owners forum. See the subtopic “Excellent Newmar Dealers For Sales and Service”. This grew out of a recent thread on this same topic.
X2 on Lewisville.
Fitztrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:48 PM   #17

Midway RV in Grand Rapids, Michigan has been great. Purchased two MHs from them. Great sales, service and parts. I use Chad there, very knowledgeable. I believe they are one of the top 5 Newmar dealers in customer satisfaction.
Jzweedyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:42 PM   #18

I would really encourage you to do more due diligence on dealers (as Im sure you are starting).
I have owned 3 diesel coaches in about 8 years. I work 2 miles from Ancira. I have gone out of state each time to purchase.

Without being too derogatory, I would run from them!
There are many good or even great dealers around the country. Ancira is not one of them. And if staying close to Texas is your choice, I agree with National Indoor in Lewisville.
.....my 2 cents!
BigDogSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:43 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
North trail blew away everyone last year when we got ours on price...$
Sicduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:55 PM   #20

Just a little heads up, I bought a canyon star in Florida at dick gores. When i picked her up to bring her home 1200 miles away. They told me everything was ready to go. Well I did the trip home, they never topped off the 3 batteries! Can't believe I got as far as I did. All 3 fried, got them warranted. Goes to show you, how compatant there techs are. Called the salesman, he said it didn't surprise him
hotrodbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmf23 View Post
Speak with Jon Steinbring at Steinbring Motorcoac in Garfield Minn. I did the same thing last year that you're looking to do currently. Sent build sheets all over to other top ranked dealers and many you'll get recommendations for here, all were good but his was the best $$$ by thousands of $$$. We travelled from Ca to get our coach. Good luck and exciting times ahead for you.

2x on Steinbring Motorcoach. They have been awesome....we bought used coach there - all questions answered and service has been great. Bad thing is they are 7 hours away but doable.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #22

Out of 5 bids I sent, Lindstrom RV was in the middle. If you are local, it makes sense to buy there. WV is a long way from Moorpark, CA. Steinbring or Coachlight would be good choices.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:44 AM   #23

Our situation was slightly different in that we were wanting to purchase from dealer stock late in the model year, as opposed to ordering new build.

We located our floor plan and model we wanted at more than one dealer but our first priority was purchasing from a dealer we would be close to each year in our annual travels. Since we spend winters in the SW Florida area North Trail is who we finally went with and were thrilled with the deal they made us.

Price was important to us but there is nothing worse than walking into a dealer for warranty work and the first question they ask you is "did you buy it here", then when you tell them no it seems they are all booked up and can't get you in until three months from next Tuesday.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:28 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Newmar Dealers to consider

Another recommendation for Tom Lindstrom RV in Moorpark Ca. You will not be disappointed-Tom and his staff are low keyed-no pressure-and great prices. A top 10 Newmar dealer year after year. Do yourself a favor and talk to Tom!!
rsrubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:51 AM   #25

I would definitely go back to Mt. Comfort RV (Alan Schwartz) just east of Indianapolis in Greenfield, IN. I priced with several dealers in the Midwest, and they were right in the best of the pack on a DSDP build. One thing however that differentiated them from some was that they pass on option upgrades at dealer cost - no markup. Sales experience as well as service after the sale have been awesome! They also have some of the most useful videos (not your average sales videos but real detailed product overviews) of Newmar products online.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:53 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I'll offer up another recommendation for Independence RV (our sales guy was David Scott). Great price and was more that accommodating with all my questions throughout the entire ordering (to include specials) and delivery process. That's fantastic if you have a local dealer you trust, especially if they are competitive on price. I didn't have that option so a quick flight to Florida and a fun road-trip home was a great experience for us as first time buyers.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:07 AM   #27

Well, I would be foolish to ignore the recommendations in 007s post. LOL

Now RCD is listed....I swung by there last August, talked to a guy who was new to the sales force. We spent 3 hours looking around/over/under a Newmar, both of us learning stuff. I just got his name today, so they are getting in the mix. I saw that they were on 007's list. Anyone have experience with them?

That said.....neither Indiana or Missouri is too far to drive. I'm also reading up on the whole factory pick up thing. This may be a can of worms I'm about to open, but should I consider that for a Bay or Canyon Star?
Allentc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:17 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentc2 View Post
Well, I would be foolish to ignore the recommendations in 007s post. LOL

Now RCD is listed....I swung by there last August, talked to a guy who was new to the sales force. We spent 3 hours looking around/over/under a Newmar, both of us learning stuff. I just got his name today, so they are getting in the mix. I saw that they were on 007's list. Anyone have experience with them?

That said.....neither Indiana or Missouri is too far to drive. I'm also reading up on the whole factory pick up thing. This may be a can of worms I'm about to open, but should I consider that for a Bay or Canyon Star?

Be prepared with numbers at RCD. We were looking at a Canyon Star last year there which was a leftover 2017. Their number on that, which they wouldn’t budge from was like 17% disc. Along with that the number in our trade was below wholesale and they had comparable units priced way higher on their site so would have been screwed coming and going.

Their PDI is at $2500 also.

Have had three calls from new sales people since then. They seem to have a lot of sales turnover since each time we get a call it is “see you were working with - they are no longer here”.

Just our experience and they do sell a lot out of the three locations so maybe it was me [emoji51]
Gumpster808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, newmar