Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2018, 09:01 AM   #57
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Jerry, FYI I bought a coach from Guaranty. If you bought from them before the old guy that owned the place died a few years ago, I’ve heard they were good. I bought after and his kids and their staff are as dishonest as they come. I would not buy a coach from them. My experience with them is in some posts here in the forum.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2018, 11:14 AM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
I have bought 3 coaches, 2 used and 1 new from Coachlight in Carthage MO. Never had an issue with getting service or warranty work. I took delivery of my New Aire from Coachlight and could not have been happier. Service following delivery has been prompt and everything fixed plus others items I had. No hidden fees or charges. Dealing with a dealer whose business is to satisfy the customer and develop a relationship for the future is really nice.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:18 PM   #59
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Most of the dealers that have been mentioned in this thread have been picked by members on this Newmar forum for the coming year in this thread, I have not seen any others to add.
This thread is found in the 2019 new Newmar coach's thread.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:19 PM   #60

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyS View Post
If you're out-of-state (don't live in CA), you don't have to pay CA sales tax -- so long as you take the coach out of CA and register it elsewhere. So that shouldn't be a consideration.

Interesting you mentioned this dealer however as being "good". I'm currently quite dissatisfied with my local Newmar dealer and might consider Lindstrum as they're only a few hours away.
I purchased my 2016 CS from Tom. I am from OR and He had the coach delivered on Xmas eve to the Bass Pro Shop in Las Vegas and had notary met me and his driver to finalize the transaction. Unfortunately, lots of various delays caused the transaction to finally happen at 11pm, but that is a different story for another thread. Regardless, that is the strategy used to avoid CA taxes. You have to take possession outside of CA.

He was always reachable, responsive and I feel offered a fair price. He'll be one of the dealers I contact for a bid on my 2019 NA.
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:49 PM   #61

Location: Not Sure, but I think I should have turned left at Albuquerque
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzweedyk View Post
Midway RV in Grand Rapids, Michigan has been great. Purchased two MHs from them. Great sales, service and parts. I use Chad there, very knowledgeable. I believe they are one of the top 5 Newmar dealers in customer satisfaction.

X2 on Midway and Chad. I was very nervous because it was going smoothly., never had a problem. We are from Florida and I thought it was stupid to go to Grand Rapids Mi to get our DSDP, but Midway, Chad and the whole crew were great. We had an issue with our bedroom slide when we got home, Newmar just said go to your local dealership. When we couldn’t get in for about a month we email Chad, he replied right away and had a part shipped to us the next day
FlaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:52 PM   #62

X3 on Chad at Midway RV Grand Rapids, Mi. My wife and I stopped a couple of weeks ago, we were looking at a new DS on the lot and Chad stepped in. He is so knowledgeable, easy to deal with and a real pleasure! Chad spent about an hour and a half with us, answering questions and making suggestions. We’re actually wanting yo order a 19’ DS 4018.
Even after all the time spent with us, no pressure what so ever!
What a excellent experience!
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:10 PM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
My experience with Coachlight so far has been very positive as well. We expect delivery in September. We also requested a price from Steinbring and they were amongh two dealers who were tied for highest. There is a statement in another link about Lindstrom and sales tax in California. It says that you don't pay it if you live out of state and register it in another state. That is technically correct but it is a little more complicated. You can't take delivery in California or you do need to pay California sales tax regardless of where you live or want to register it. Most California dealers have arrangements to deliver outside of California to avoid the problem.
goderda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:41 PM   #64

More Newmar considerations.

Buying, in my opinion, is the easy part. We have bought two, each from a different dealer. But, the trick is to get it serviced, and that should be your research, and that is why we no longer drive a Newmar.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by soricobob View Post
Buying, in my opinion, is the easy part. We have bought two, each from a different dealer. But, the trick is to get it serviced, and that should be your research, and that is why we no longer drive a Newmar.
What do you drive? I'm curious that you don't have a service problem with another brand.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Steinbring is The Best

We just purchased our NewAire through Steinbring Motorcoach in Garfield, MN. I’ve dealt with a number of dealerships over the years, but Steinbring is in a class all by themselves. They add tremendous value to the coach purchasing experience. They are simply one of the best.

Steinbring Motorcoach - The Nation's Newmar, Roadtrek & Carado Dealer
TomAndPeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:01 PM   #67

I also had a great experience with North Trail on both the sales and service side. I wouldn't hesitate to give them a shot.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:10 PM   #68

Newmar Dealer

I'd suggest Fred Flickinger at Ancira RV and David Roe at Coachlight RV in Missouri. You should know there is a 40% mark up in RV's. Retirement plans forces the sale of our 2018 Ventana 3715 and it is a real steal:

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...ANA-5003446905
sleeper41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:17 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by soricobob View Post

So two questions: what coach do you currently drive and if you don’t like the Newmar brand, why the Newmar forum.
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:41 PM   #70

Dealers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
We live 40 miles from Ancira, but if I was buying a new one today in Texas, the go-to dealer is National Indoor RV up in Lewisville, TX - 250 miles north of me.

NIRVC has better service for sure. Don’t know about price at NIRVC, but the sales attitude I have encountered at Ancira has not been the best.

I’m sure others on this forum will recommend Steinbring Motor Coach in Garfield, MN who has a reputation for good pricing and service.

Another perineal favorite is Midway RV in Grand Rapids, MI.

007 has an excellent reference on this topic under the Important Information for Newmar Owners section the front of the Newmar Owners forum. See the subtopic “Excellent Newmar Dealers For Sales and Service”. This grew out of a recent thread on this same topic.
I was in Atlanta and had the flapper value spring break on the toilet. I took it to the NIRV store in Lawrenceville for a quote to repair. I waited 4 hrs before I got the quote and they wanted $450.00 to replace the spring. I left and ordered a complete, new toilet for $150.00, with overnight shipping and installed it in an hour. I'll never set foot in that place again.
jjcrawfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, newmar