Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2018, 04:52 PM   #99
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Rojaco,You are aware 0f the Handicap Forum.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2018, 07:19 PM   #100

Yes, I've been there a number of times. My focus right now is on Newmar acquisition and related info. Got the current rig sold and the only workable option for our next coach is the CS3911.
Old 07-28-2018, 04:34 PM   #101

Can’t say enough about National Indoor. They have the Lewisville, TX location along with Atlanta, Phoenix and soon Las Vegas.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:43 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentc2 View Post
I'm going to send out build sheets for my RV after the Hershey PA RV show. I'm hoping to nail down the colors/options there and limit my floorplans to a couple. LOL

Ancira in Boerne, TX will get a shot, as will Summit RV in Ashland, KY, since I know someone in the maintenance dept at Ancira and the sales guy at Summit was awesome (which will be put to the test when I take him up on his offer to take a test drive ). RV One in Albany, NY will get a shot because they are apparently going to be the Newmar guys on scene at Hershey.

I'm in West Virginia, so the KY dealer is appealing. Only an hour away. The TX dealer is also in the forefront, as I plan on joining Escapees and becoming a TX resident.

I have read a LOT of people saying Lindstrom RV....but he's out in California. And I can only imagine CA imposes a ton of additional fees/taxes when buying an RV. I shot him an email today (and he replied while on vacation!!!) and I'll probably follow up with him.

So who else might I want to talk to?

Tom Lindstrom! Best RV buying experience we’ve ever had. We’re on our 3rd new RV. I wish we found him sooner.
He responds quickly and gives you a great price via internet. Almost all dealers needed to speak with us over the phone and several still wouldn’t give us a price until we visited the lot. They take the time to answer all your questions and if Tom doesn’t know the answer he’ll get you the answer. A+++
mzkitie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:27 PM   #103

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzkitie View Post
Tom Lindstrom! Best RV buying experience we’ve ever had.
He responds quickly and gives you a great price via internet. Almost all dealers needed to speak with us over the phone and several still wouldn’t give us a price until we visited the lot. They take the time to answer all your questions and if Tom doesn’t know the answer he’ll get you the answer. A+++
Yup, that’s been our experience with Tom too.

We just had warranty work completed there—3 items needed attention, all completed in one day as promised.

We are very pleased that we chose TLRV
Aegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:04 AM   #104

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bump
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #105

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojaco View Post
I have never seen any mention of Sky River in CA. Anyone had a positive or negative experience there?

My experience with the Paso Robles store was terrible.

I drove 250 miles to pick up my new 2012 Bay Star; I had been told that after the PDI they would help me transfer my property from the trade in to the Bay Star. They showed me the RV and a young guy who probably washed the RVs on the lot did the 15 minute PDI. He did not know why the left rear burner on the cooktop would not stay locked down in the cooktop, he also had trouble with the leveling jacks. I was informed to go to the finance office and that was the end of the PDI and any help moving my stuff to the Bay Star.

At the finance office I was told that if I did not give them an additional $8,000 I would get my $10,000 deposit back because they would not sell the Bay Star for the contracted price. I argued that the sales contract was binding. After some calls the finance officer said to show they are fair they will take $4,000 instead of $8,000. I refused the offer and office mgr went to lunch. I walked around and looked at my special ordered RV and discovered the towing gear was almost removed from my trade in. The mgr then argued they were giving me too much for my trade in and I again said it was the contract agreed price. The extra amount over the contract price was slowly lowered to $1,500 from 4,000. It was getting dark and closing time so under duress I agreed to the $1,500 over the contract price.

The mgr whipped out an amendment to contract form (like it was their standard way of doing business) and wanted me to sign off on the PDI as if it was completed and satisfactory. I signed a bunch of forms and was told somebody would stay for a short period until I could leave their lot. I grabbed some cloths and bedding from my trade in and left for a nearby RV park.

I returned the next morning to finish moving my stuff from the trade in to the Bay Star and I tripped and fell on my left knee and broke 2 bones in my left hand. I went back to the RV park.

The next morning I heard a bang and then the sound of running water. It was flowing out from under the galley. I turned the water off and went back to Sky River's service dept. I was asked if I had an appointment when I tried to tell them that my brand new Bay Star had a water leak. After waiting awhile, a guy spent an hour under the galley reconnecting a hose to the ice maker, and time moving my US Gear toad braking controller from the trade in to the Bay Star. I had to beg them to vacuum the water out of the compartments under the galley. Near the end of the day I was about to leave and discovered a bolt and lock was missing from the tow hitch. I told them that the Bay Star veered to the right when driving if I did not hold the steering wheel to the left. The reply was to go to a Ford dealer.

I would never go to Sky River again and would not recommend them to anyone, not even to a mortal enemy.
2012 Bay Star 2901, 2 ACs, 5.5KW Onan, 765W solar & Outback FM-60, 800 AH Lifeline AGMs & Magnum MS2812 + AGS + BMK, Koni FSDs, Safe-T-Plus, Super Steer Rear Track Bar, MCD Duo shades w/powered cockpit, remodeled galley, Sumo springs and 2008 Tacoma 4x4 toad.
joes2901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:37 PM   #106

Ford Super Duty Owner
I was not aware of Tom Lindstrom's dealership at the time. I plan to visit with Tom if I see a 2019 Ventana 3717 or 4037 with a rectangular bath in the rear bathroom on his lot. I have to see, touch, and sit in a RV to know if it is the right one for me. I have a long list of specials to discuss.

I signed the Sky River contract at the 2011 RVIA show in Pomona and got a good price because Newmar execs were there and Sky River was a new Newmar dealer. I had no inkling that Sky River had the business ethics of the sleaziest used car dealer.
2012 Bay Star 2901, 2 ACs, 5.5KW Onan, 765W solar & Outback FM-60, 800 AH Lifeline AGMs & Magnum MS2812 + AGS + BMK, Koni FSDs, Safe-T-Plus, Super Steer Rear Track Bar, MCD Duo shades w/powered cockpit, remodeled galley, Sumo springs and 2008 Tacoma 4x4 toad.
joes2901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:26 PM   #107

New Horizons Owners Club
I have several friends who live in the Paso Robles area and none have been pleased with Sky River RV either. We are about 2 hours north and drove down to look at a couple rigs but felt like we were dealing with used car dealers.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:41 PM   #108

Tiffin Owners Club
Sky River had a store in Dublin Ca in the Northern California Bay Area.
If you were to look at the Yelp reviews, they were for the most part horrendous.
Not surprisingly they closed.

I met Tom Lindstrom and he will be my dealer when the time comes.
Yianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:40 AM   #109

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I need to rewire my thinking. I keep hoping for 'good' when all I know is 'bad' when it comes to Transwest of CO.

My current coach spent 4 of its first 12 months in their service bay addressing warranty items at the Fountain location. Transwest kept saying the delay was Newmar not authorizing the work or shipping parts. Newmar kept saying it was waiting on Transwest to submit proper and complete service paperwork.

Yesterday, I drove to the Frederick location. I walked in the door and said I am here to walk-thru their 4 2019 King Aires, because I am interested in putting in KA floors and counters in my upcoming NA purchase. The response was "we have swatch books for that". Yup, they wouldn't let me go in the rigs and they didn't even ask to work up a bid for the NA.

The trip wasn't a total waste, since I fell in love with the LA counter that I never knew existed. So I do appreciate her willingness to hear what I was looking for in materials and dig out the LA books.

I should have just walked straight to the coaches, instead of asking for permission.
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:23 AM   #110

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Did they say no to walking through or suggested using the swatch books? I can see the value in using the swatch sample books for material selection. There are usually many more options than a dealer may have in stock not to mention color combos. Now floor plan really needs to be walked in a coach but if we’re talking colors etc I’d think there is value in selecting a couple combos and then asking if they have anything with those colors in stock so you can see it full scale.
BW in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:55 PM   #111
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
We’ve worked with Grant Russell at Transwest in Fredericksburg. Try asking for him. He did a lot of work trying to show us every option/color on the coaches we were looking at. Also their maintenance especially chassis has improved greatly in the last year. Our first dealings with them three years ago were not good. But, I think the current crew is better than average.

On sky river, yep sleezy would be a complement. Standard for west coast dealers. I think the only one I would even talk to out there would be Tom L. From accounts here he is a good dealer.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:31 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH View Post
We’ve worked with Grant Russell at Transwest in Fredericksburg. Try asking for him.
Where is Fredericksburg?

I've been to Transwest in Frederick, Colorado, and know nothing of their service department. Their sales department was the highest out of 5 bids. They weren't interested in negotiating.

Tags
dealer, newmar