Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2020, 07:01 PM   #15

Bay STar

FYI, our 2019 Bay Star 3124 has 22.5 tires. It also has a king size bed. If the one you are looking at has the same, that would be the deal for me.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
I just traded out of a new 2020 Baystar Sport 2813. The Newmar part is good and very reliable. The Ford Chassis, even after installing front sumo springs, rear sumo springs, rear trac bar, front end cheap handling fix. It is just a rough ride except on the smoothest of roads....and that is not the majority of time.

I just spent 5 nights in the BSS in Angel Fire. I really noticed how uncomfortable the seating is.

If you are going to full-time....and I have zero experience with that, I think you should get something with comfortable seating. If the the rattling, jarring and such of the Ford chassis is not a big deal to you then you may be fine. I just could not tolerate all the noise and rattling.

Dave
beckeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckeda View Post
I just traded out of a new 2020 Baystar Sport 2813. The Newmar part is good and very reliable. The Ford Chassis, even after installing front sumo springs, rear sumo springs, rear trac bar, front end cheap handling fix. It is just a rough ride except on the smoothest of roads....and that is not the majority of time.

I just spent 5 nights in the BSS in Angel Fire. I really noticed how uncomfortable the seating is.

If you are going to full-time....and I have zero experience with that, I think you should get something with comfortable seating. If the the rattling, jarring and such of the Ford chassis is not a big deal to you then you may be fine. I just could not tolerate all the noise and rattling.

Dave
Traded out of a 2020 for what?
Old 05-12-2020, 04:40 PM   #18

Sure is a wide range of opinions here! The OP seems to be on a budget (aren’t we all!) and wondered if the “nicer” but older coach would be a better choice for the money. It’s hard to help with such an individual question. I hope he lets us know what the decision was!
Old 05-12-2020, 05:04 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl II View Post
Traded out of a 2020 for what?
Believe I saw where he traded for a 2020 Entegra Aspire.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 05:41 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Never been turned away from a campground for being too long, and tow an unlimited.
Chief Alen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 06:44 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriliz View Post
Hi everyone,

We're newbies searching for our first RV that we plan to live in full time for the next 3 to 5 years.

Brand new is out of our price range
So a couple more thoughts:

First I’ll just reiterate that while our 30’ Bay Star is cozy and comfortable, I definitely want a little more room and a washer/dryer for extended road trips. So 33-36’ is my range but that’s still not full timing. For that I’d want to add a bath and a half. But that’s just me.

Second, I think 2016 was the first year of the upgraded transmission, so if you are sold on a F53, that’s a good bench mark. Someone fact check me on that?

Third if you take 30% off MSRP when you are calculating price, aren’t you pretty close to the price of the coaches you listed? Something to think about. MSRP is scary, but it’s also nonsense.

Hope this helps.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:21 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Believe I saw where he traded for a 2020 Entegra Aspire.
That must have hurt the wallet.
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:49 PM   #23

Texas Boomers Club
2020 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ
Old 05-20-2020, 11:11 AM   #24

Thanks so much for that info! It helps a lot. We've gone and looked at both RV's and are leaning toward the 3124 even though it's older with more miles. (Good to know too what you've upgraded.)
I'll let everyone know what happens
roriliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:41 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Has anyone had an issue with changing the front shocks on a Kountry Star built on a Freightliner XC chassis were the levelling jacks were placed beside the upper front shock mounting brackets and the shock bolt in from the rear and no clearance to remove the said bolt my unit is a 2003 model year. Levelling jack brackets are welded to the frame. Why didn't Newmar reverse the bolt putting the nut facing shock bracket instead of facing forward. That should have been a recall on Newmar's part.
ArtDeCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:57 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Not to put too fine a point on it, but today I put a deposit on a 2016 Ventana 3427 (only year of that floor plan) and told them to install a washer/dryer in it. I’ve been watching for one of these for about nine months and this is the first one I’ve seen. I was also a special order with some very nice custom touches. It went up for sale on Monday and was mine today. It took a series of compromises to get to this point but I think it will serve me well for the next four or five years. The Bay Star sold me on Class A coaches, but also made it clear that an F53 doesn’t suit my style of RV living. Hope this helps....
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:07 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Not to put too fine a point on it, but today I put a deposit on a 2016 Ventana 3427 (only year of that floor plan) and told them to install a washer/dryer in it
Congratulations! That's a really nice floor plan. I'm envious.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:02 PM   #28

Regardless of the brand, think carefully about investing a lot of money and full-timing in an RV today. Imagine a Costco parking lot on the weekend and that's what RVing is like now if you are interested in traveling to major attractions. You are about 10 years too late unless you own some land or have relatives who will let you park on their property. The road today is a zoo.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...-own-driveway/
Don Juane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar