Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2022, 05:05 PM   #1

Newmar Discounts

My wife and I have been planning to upgrade our current RV for a while now. We’ve only just started working with dealers, but hoping you all will help manage our expectations on current discount levels. When we bought in 2019 25-30% was fairly routine. What is possible today on a $450k Newmar coach? We are considering Ventana and Super Star. We are also warming up to idea of used Dutch Star or New Aire if new discounts are low.
Whoacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2022, 05:44 PM   #2

Been trying to gather that info as well, for the lower range (Bay Star/Canyon Star), but haven’t had much luck. I’ve been talking to NIRVC for a little while, but due to the holidays it’s been hit or miss. They started pretty low at 16-18% (putting it out just in conversation), but I haven’t heard their official quote yet. I did send in a build sheet so I should have their first answer this week. I know you are a few rings up but I’ll keep you posted.
JayFlightMik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 06:43 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Contact Angie at NIRVC. You’ll be glad you did.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 07:49 PM   #4

We ordered our 2022 Superstar from Kyle@ Sport Truck in Arizona. He was great to work with and will treat you well. Pretty sure they only sell the Super C lineup from Newmar so if you are looking for a Class A I can’t help.
Fishrsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 11:40 PM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoacz View Post
My wife and I have been planning to upgrade our current RV for a while now. We’ve only just started working with dealers, but hoping you all will help manage our expectations on current discount levels. When we bought in 2019 25-30% was fairly routine. What is possible today on a $450k Newmar coach? We are considering Ventana and Super Star. We are also warming up to idea of used Dutch Star or New Aire if new discounts are low.

Newmar has a different markup from invoice to MSRP for each model, and the swing from a Bay Star to a King Aire is huge. Therefore, a King [emoji146] Aire will sell at a much greater discount when compared to a Dutch Star, or a Bay Star. If dealers were to offer the same discount on a Bay Star as a King Aire they would be selling way below their invoice. The high end diesel pushers can state their discounts, which then creates false expectations for all the coaches below them.

At NIRVC we have remained consistent in how we price before, during, and after this pandemic and supply chain shortages. We will need customers after this pandemic and supply chain shortages as much as we need customers today. And, we set our pricing relative to our invoice, not a discount off MSRP. It is the only way we can remain consistent in our pricing over the long haul, and not subject ourselves to the vagaries of manufacturers changing their markups.

I’d also like to point out every Newmar dealer is subject to Newmar’s Sales and Service Agreement which requires all dealers to advertise Newmar coaches at MSRP. Once you call a dealer, and request a price, the dealer is then free to quote whatever price they’d like. Newmar drop this advertising requirement (MAP Pricing) sometime after the next model year comes out, and the dealer is then free to advertise their “lot queens” at whatever price they would like.

I hope you find this helpful! [emoji6]
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
214-392-1100
Angie Morell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 03:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie Morell View Post
Newmar has a different markup from invoice to MSRP for each model, and the swing from a Bay Star to a King Aire is huge. Therefore, a King [emoji146] Aire will sell at a much greater discount when compared to a Dutch Star, or a Bay Star. If dealers were to offer the same discount on a Bay Star as a King Aire they would be selling way below their invoice. The high end diesel pushers can state their discounts, which then creates false expectations for all the coaches below them.

At NIRVC we have remained consistent in how we price before, during, and after this pandemic and supply chain shortages. We will need customers after this pandemic and supply chain shortages as much as we need customers today. And, we set our pricing relative to our invoice, not a discount off MSRP. It is the only way we can remain consistent in our pricing over the long haul, and not subject ourselves to the vagaries of manufacturers changing their markups.

I’d also like to point out every Newmar dealer is subject to Newmar’s Sales and Service Agreement which requires all dealers to advertise Newmar coaches at MSRP. Once you call a dealer, and request a price, the dealer is then free to quote whatever price they’d like. Newmar drop this advertising requirement (MAP Pricing) sometime after the next model year comes out, and the dealer is then free to advertise their “lot queens” at whatever price they would like.

Thanks for a great explanation. My local dealer is gouging and will not survive the next downturn. My plan to to contact you when ready.
Winger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie Morell View Post

Thanks - very helpful at a seemingly difficult time to be a buyer. We’ll reach out.
Whoacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 08:10 AM   #8

Go watch Angie's YouTube videos. Angie and Dean with Leisure Travel Vans provide excellent reviews. They are the best two on YouTube.
Contractor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 08:21 AM   #9

Thumbs up

We have a 2022 DS 4369 on order from NIRVC at about 25% discount. The more I deal with them the more I like them
Capt Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 09:04 AM   #10

Smile

We bought a Newmar Ventana from NIRVC in Atlanta because of Angie. We meet her at an AIM CLUB event. Our salesman was Bim Ashford. They beat two other dealers, not only by price, but also trade in value for my Winnebago Forza. They are a great company to work with.

By the way, Check out AIMCLUB.ORG. The events look expensive, but you get twice the value because of sponsor support.

Angie, see you at Snowbirds in Paradise.

Ken and Mary Ann Long
longhaul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 11:14 AM   #11

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Ken and Mary Ann! Thank you for your kind comments and I am THRILLED to hear you'll be joining us at the "Snowbirds in Paradise" rally! Can't wait to see you and your new coach! See you next week!!
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
214-392-1100
Angie Morell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar