RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #1

Newmar DS bedroom slide slide motor mounting

This is on a 2010 Dutch Star 3623, Bedroom slide, wardrobe side. The slide motor bolts to a metal frame and this frame has 4 bolts into the compartment walls. I cant seem to get 2 of these frame bolts to tighten up. I cant tell if the nuts are free spinning and cant see them or get to these nuts to put wrench on it to keep them from turns cause they seem to be behind a channel iron . So ... Ideas on what to do here. regrets for the poor pic.
jbikes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2017, 08:04 PM   #2

The 4 bolts that hold slide out motor do come lose and we have found use locktite on them stops them from coming lose. It sounds like the 2 bolts have stripped the threads. You might try using a tap to see if that helps. The torque is 35 foot pounds on those bolts. Since those bolts thread into motor the next step after a tap would be to either go next size larger in either SAE or Metric because to fix that would be to replace motor.
tom chelbana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:12 PM   #3

Locktite wont help me till I can get to the nut that appears to be hidden behind a channel beam on the outside of the compartment. I can see this channel from the rear side of the rear wheel well...I am a little afraid to remove the bolt completely thinking if there is a nut, the nut might fall off and be lost... or is this bolt threading into the channel itself. one pic shows the motor bolted to a frame- these are tight. the other pic shows where this frame has a bolt to the wall of the compartment which I can't tighten nor have access to the nut for this bolt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	motor bolts.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	158285   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide bolt.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	158286  

jbikes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:50 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You have rods that travel through a slotted iron flange and there is only one nut to stop slide when it travels out, there are two nuts on slide flange that lock rod to it.
Check this bedroom wardrobe slide and see if it helps you. Link found in QT's # 3 --- PROBLEM SOLVERS.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, slide