Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2020, 04:38 PM   #1

Newmar factory

Does the newmar factory in Nappanee Indiana work on any year Newmar MH?

I live about 2.5 hours from the factory and was wondering what work they do and if they work on even the older Rigs like a 1998 Dutchstar?

If so what are there rates like and are they any better than a RV shop ?
RJ8450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2020, 05:11 PM   #2

As far as I know, they work on any year Newmar motorhome. Their quality of work is top notch. You would need to give them a call for any rate info. I doubt they are the cheapest place around.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:32 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
We just had our 07 worked on at Nappanee, and I saw a few older rigs(3 weeks ago). Wish I had taken it there when we bought it 5 years ago. It drives and rides like a new one, now.
The techs are hands down the best RV folks anywhere. At a FMCA rally a few years back, on his own time, a tech went to Napa and got a part to fix my light, Newmar wanted $300 for the assy.
The lead time to get an appointment is the most frustrating part.
Price...$135 per hour, not cheap, but they won’t gouge you and it will be done right. I think the winter rate is $75 per hour.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:28 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - This time of year you likely can get in fairly quickly and labor rates are reduced. Go for it.

Tom
Old 12-02-2020, 05:18 AM   #5

They worked on my '97 last year - great techs. The tech working on mine had been there 30+ years and there are a few others in the Svc Ctr that have been there as long or longer. Devon Miller is the guy that gives you a quote and has been there 50 years now.
Here is a quote from an email from him last year
"FYI///////// our Winter discount labor rate is $106.00 January 1-March 31 and Summer rate is $131.00" - of course this was before the Winnebago purchase, so rates have probably changed.
If you're not going to use the coach over the winter you can talk to them and can leave it there so they can work on it as they have time. Mine was left there for 7 weeks and they kept it inside (I was waiting on windshields, so they couldn't take it outside). There was a couple of other long term coaches and old fifth wheels in the Svc Ctr for repair at the same time I was there.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:45 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just left Camp Newmar and the sign in the hallway of the customer waiting area said:

Labor Rate $145.00 per hour.

There was no mention of any “Winter Rate”.

Newmar invested tens of millions of dollars in their state of the art service center and they have a significant backlog of service work at this time. I do not believe you will see a “Winter Rate” anytime soon; they don’t need to.

This is all due to the boom in new RV sales and the subsequent service requirements of all those units on top of all the existing units currently in service. Add to that the older units that are now being taken out of storage and serviced in anticipation of future use (or sale) plus the shortage of qualified RV service technicians...

The perfect service storm is brewing.
Vettesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 04:52 AM   #7

They have always had a packed service center, whether at the old or new. BUT they always have bays that are dedicated to long term repairs. What I posted above was sent to me after the new service center was opened. The winter rate is available, just ask and ask what the requirements are, if any beside being within the date range. I didn't see it posted anywhere when I was up there either but received the email while I was there. Not that I think a lot of people would want to be in Nappanee Jan1 - Mar 31 (or even in the north driving around) just to save a few bucks, but if you have a major repair, that is when the winter rate helps, and why they offer it. Call your rep and ask.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 06:49 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Maybe just a psychotic break on my part but I received an email recently that announced the winter rate and dates for this year. If there is a perfect service storm coming I guess I'll miss it.

Tom
Old 12-12-2020, 05:04 AM   #9

Winter labor rates at Newmar

Yesterday I received a quote from Newmar for work at the factory. They stated their Winter discount labor rate is $115.00, effective January 1-March 31. The Summer rate is $140.00.
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 08:51 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I would say they will work on any year NEWMAR. When we were there last year, we saw a fifth wheel and then saw the NEWMAR brand. We didn’t realize until then that NEWMAR used to make towables.
M&G Braking-Roadmaster Towbar
mbrooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrooking View Post
I would say they will work on any year NEWMAR.
When my wife and I took the factory tour, we were told that they will work on anything they ever made...year, model, even type (motorized/towable)...doesn't matter. True they get a good fee for their work, but with some places not taking anything older than X years, it's good to know that if you have a Newmar, there will always be someplace to get it fixed...at least the house portion.

Tags
newmar