Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2020, 07:29 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Newmar Factory Build Delay

We heard today From our dealer that all coach builds are being pushed back 6 weeks due to supply chain issues. Curious if anyone else has heard the same?
mmstump is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2020, 03:32 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I was just at NIRVC and was told that lead times are about 3.5 months. I don’t know if that includes a push-back or not.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 03:50 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
I was just at NIRVC and was told that lead times are about 3.5 months. I don’t know if that includes a push-back or not.
That’s helpful. Thank you.

It may. If lead time refers to time before the build starts. We ordered through NIRVC end of July and, with the latest delay, the off line date is projected as mid Dec. with another 4 weeks for factory pickup.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:33 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
My question to them was from order to delivery.

Do you know why factory delivery adds a month to the process?
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 04:40 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
My question to them was from order to delivery.

Do you know why factory delivery adds a month to the process?
You may want to confirm the timeline again now. They told us on Friday about the delay.

The additional 4 weeks is for the detailed PDI done by the service techs. Once the coach completes standard build Quality control at Production it goes to the service department where one of the High Line techs does extensive testing and fixes anything they find. They literally test every single operational item. Ultimately, it should save a lot of post delivery downtime for warranty repair. Having seen how meticulous and experienced the team who worked on our New Aire was I believe it.

If you do order I’d love to know how it goes for you.
Old 08-22-2020, 06:21 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We placed a 2021 NA order the end of May through Midway RV and at that time were looking at delivery to the dealer mid September. We did receive pictures a week ago of it being built. Mid September delivery estimate seems to still be accurate at that time.

I did see a 2021 NA youtube video with Chirs from Mount Comfort last week and he mentioned ordering now would be looking at delivery in March. That could related to specific models so who knows.

At the time we were ordering I know Flex-steel furniture closing up shop was really causing Newmar to scramble for furniture but I can't say this is actually causing any delays.
bsla11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:19 AM   #7
Rd1

What ever the reasons for the production delays, one would hope, the new ownership would take the time and opportunity to bring the Newmar focus back to its original 'Mahlon' quality, among other features.

Though, Newmar does make a beautiful coach with many great features, however, in recent years, they seem to have been more focused on the quantity aspect of their production in place of quality.

Fake leather, fan housing issues, windows falling, tag axle issues, elec/tail-light issue, to awning mounting issue, just to name a few. Issues that for the most part, were known very early on and were not addressed, as one would expect a 'Mahlon' Newmar would have had.

Newmar still does have very many ordinary workers who have the integrity as well as the know how, to bring the quality back to focus. Many of the old timers used to work at Holiday Rambler along with Mahlon, when HR used to be a family owned operation with a known quality product. I have been such a REGULAR visitor to bldg 42 in recent years, that I have come to know some of the old timers.

Hope the new ownership has the foresight to bring the original focus back to its production.
Rd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #8

I ordered a 2021 Dutch Star and the build delay for several reasons would be 4-6 weeks. Change from Flexsteel to Villa and vendor issues. The build date was scheduled for 8/17 and they began on that date.
Charlievette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmstump View Post
We heard today From our dealer that all coach builds are being pushed back 6 weeks due to supply chain issues. Curious if anyone else has heard the same?
When did you order your coach and what is your new projected run date?
realbass1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 11:18 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
"When did you order your coach and what is your new projected run date?"

+++++

Ordered Sept.15, production starts end of January. FPU projected verbally to be in March.......6 months total.
Jacjetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 06:13 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by realbass1 View Post
When did you order your coach and what is your new projected run date?
Sorry for the delayed reply. Somehow missed your question. We ordered end of July. Pick up is currently scheduled for Jan 25. 6 months total. Hope to know Monday if the 25th will hold.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmstump View Post
The more complicated the Build the more prone to Delay - Most likely the Delays will continue and the date will continue to be Pushed Back.

Just the Nature of the Beast. In 2004 we ordered our Coach and delivery date was Mid September - We registered it in Late February - then it took two long years to Correct all the "Issues" ! -

But today we are Happy Campers, and love the Coach we have. -

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:20 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
" - then it took two long years to Correct all the "Issues" ! -

+++++

Factory Pick Up and all known issues fixed.....Sounds better all the time.
Jacjetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:14 PM   #14

Bay Star 3014

We ordered our 3014 Bay Star first of October from NIRVC and got a off the production line of March 25 2021. I'm hoping it's not delayed to much after the production date it's hard enough waiting the 6 months much longer then that might have to wait till all this has settled down.
yellow73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar