RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2017, 06:31 PM   #1

Wink Newmar Factory Warranty work

We drove our 2016 Baystar to Nappannee from California. I want to thank Newmar for the great work they did. Second day there before our appointment, our front AC went out. They fixed everything. The only thing that they had issues with was a creaking floor when I'm up on jacks right by the entry way. That section is above the propane tank and there is no way to add support. So I was ok with it.
They did a great job and would recommend taking your Newmar to the factory. I'm a happy guy. And........we are having a great road trip there and back. Met some new friends at camp NEMAR too

Maddawg46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2017, 06:46 PM   #2

Awesome! we to finished up a service appointment which Newmar replaced our furniture, did some body work and a list of other things some of which they did on their own all charged off to warranty. Our coach is 2yrs old. I have never had anything but excellent service from Newmar. IMO they are the best!

srrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #3

It was nice to talk with you Maddawg even if it was briefly. Glad they got your air fixed. I agree, factory service is VERY good!

Prov. 3: 5-6
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:57 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We're currently at the Factory and came up for annual RV and Chassis maintenance together with a few outstanding warranty items. Unbeknownst to us in addressing our warranty items the factory service techs have also found additional items we were unaware of and are fixing them also. This speaks well of Newmar's CS.

Albeit our time here (factory service & warranty repair) has been extended due to some additional warranty repairs that has impacted our continuing travel plans/schedule, we're happy to be here knowing that we'll leave in much better shape than when we arrived!

Bravo Newmar!
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:12 PM   #5

I'm currently on the road and have been compiling a list of things I would love Newmar to look at. I am strongly considering adding Newmar to my travel plans. I know an appointment is necessary, but how do accommodations work while repairs are under way? I am traveling with one other person and two cats.
RickySpanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:35 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickySpanish View Post
I'm currently on the road and have been compiling a list of things I would love Newmar to look at. I am strongly considering adding Newmar to my travel plans. I know an appointment is necessary, but how do accommodations work while repairs are under way? I am traveling with one other person and two cats.
Newmar has places to park. Many full hookups, some water and electric only. First come first served. The techs come to your coach at 6am to get to work on it. You can stay at the customer service building which is very nice. TV, coffee, nice conversation with other people in your position. Or you can go into town and shop, eat etc. The techs bring your coach back at 14:30 (2:30 pm) as that is the end of their day. It's a very good experience, almost to the point that you feel a bit sad leaving. At least that's the way it was for us. The surrounding community is extremely friendly and a joy to visit. The techs are great people with warm personalities, just like the rest of the community.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:29 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I think I asked this before, but here goes again. When will I need to make a reservation for warranty work to be done prior to June 12, 2018? I don't have any issues yet, but I have only had it a week.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:54 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
You need an appointment for any work. Warranty work gets a higher priority than non warranty work. I called about getting an appointment for a coach out of warranty and was told it would be out to October.

Tags
newmar, warranty