Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2021, 03:30 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Newmar Furniture reupholstered in SE Florida

We live in SE Florida and are hoping someone can recommend a Furniture Reupholstered shop that does RV furniture. If you've used one and can give estimates as to what to expect for our Captain chairs as well as the recliner that would be great. Mid or Western Florida is great as well. Just hoping to fine someone that was happy with their own results.

Thanks, Ted
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2021, 01:08 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ted --

I can't provide guidance on a reupholsterer in Florida but I can provide a price comparison. A couple of weeks ago I had my two captains chairs reupjolstered as the original material that Newmar / Flexsteel provided had cracked and flaked in several locations. A Houston business by the name of Tru Colors Auto Upholstery provided the services I needed --> https://trucolorsautoupholsteryinc.com/ Tru Colors is the "go to" business for furniture reupholstering for the huge PPL Motorhomes consignment sales dealer in Houston and other locations.

For a cost of $1300, Tru Colors came to my storage facility, removed the captain chairs from my coach, created new covers from an upgraded material I selected (not a perfect match to original material but close) and 10 days later re-installed the chairs. Tru Colors recommends Spradling Vinyl's Nuance material for RV and Marine chairs, couches, etc. --> https://spradling.group/en-us/produc...9yTm9kZToyOA==

I contacted Newmar about the flaking / cracking problem on my captains chairs and they acknowledged the problem is common across many five year old'ish coaches. But since my coach is outside of the three year warranty, all Newmar could do was offer identical seat covers for a price of $1100 plus taxes and shipping which I thought was expensive for the same, poor quality fake leather. I would then have to find a reupholsterer to install the new covers.

Hope this info is useful !
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:34 PM   #3

My little BSS has the same issue and I asked Newmar for two quotes. One was to recover the chairs and how much would replacement chairs cost if the differential was small. The would not quote a price as the folks they get the furniture from are too busy making new chairs for new contracted RV’s to mess with a replacement/recover situation.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:45 PM   #4

http://www.classiccoachworks.com/

I was going to use them on my previous coach but, ended up trading instead.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:01 PM   #5

Look up Lauralee furniture in Vero Beach. They also do upholstery
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 05:37 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks everyone for your input. I'll try a couple of those numbers and see what I find out.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:24 AM   #7

Dutch Star Captain Chairs & More are deteriorating

My Flexsteel Chairs and now my lounge chairs are going fast. Newmar has only offered to SELL me new covers at 1/2 price. I pay for the installation too. Seems to me a $300K coach that is 3 years old should hold up or the company should go to bat for a poor quality product. I am writing to: Good Sam Action Line 650 Three Springs Rd, Bolling Green KT 42104 to see if I can enlist help. Please follow my action too. Ken
Kenfocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:31 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Newmar Furniture reupholstered in SE Florida

Here’s a place in West Palm Beach ( never used them ). There’s quite a few Marine Companies that may do RV’s as well.

https://sandovalarguetasewing.com/

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:24 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIFFTALL View Post
Here’s a place in West Palm Beach ( never used them ). There’s quite a few Marine Companies that may do RV’s as well.

https://sandovalarguetasewing.com/
Thanks, I did call them and got an estimate for Both Captain Chairs, the recliner and my couch, with the pull out side. $5,000 if he uses vinyl.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
My little BSS has the same issue and I asked Newmar for two quotes. One was to recover the chairs and how much would replacement chairs cost if the differential was small. The would not quote a price as the folks they get the furniture from are too busy making new chairs for new contracted RV’s to mess with a replacement/recover situation.
I have an appointment in October at Newmar service to have the furniture reupholstered on my BSS. They sent me a sample of the material they will use and it’s not the same as the original. We’ll see how it holds up.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:19 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good luck! We called all our local upholstery shops. They were booked up for 6 months or were too busy to call back.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:30 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
I spoke with Newmar today and found out that I was within 1 month of a four year since original purchase. They stated that within 3 years they would do everything on their dime if brought to Nappanee. If within the 4 year they would do a split, 50/50 materials and labor if done at Nappanee or 50/50 on the covers only if we chose to have it done locally. I'm waiting on an estimate from them to see if it makes sense, either way. I'm not big on driving up there and spending 1 week to have it done at 50/50. But something is better then nothing for sure
Old 07-31-2021, 06:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenfocht View Post
My Flexsteel Chairs and now my lounge chairs are going fast. Newmar has only offered to SELL me new covers at 1/2 price. I pay for the installation too. Seems to me a $300K coach that is 3 years old should hold up or the company should go to bat for a poor quality product. I am writing to: Good Sam Action Line 650 Three Springs Rd, Bolling Green KT 42104 to see if I can enlist help. Please follow my action too. Ken
That’s not going to do anything. You’re 2 years out of warranty, they’re offering this as good will.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesMH View Post
I have an appointment in October at Newmar service to have the furniture reupholstered on my BSS. They sent me a sample of the material they will use and it’s not the same as the original. We’ll see how it holds up.
If you look up the newmar stock numbers on the fabric samples on comnet, you can see who manufactures each sample. They sent us 20 samples and most of them were still low quality fabric and there were 4 or 5 that were actual Ultrafabrics. We went with one of those on ours.

Tags
florida, furniture, newmar