Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2005, 02:29 PM   #1

Hi All
Any one know were i can get a new Newmar lighted grab handle ares was crack and has broken.I contacted Newmar but have not gotten a reply.

2001 New Mar Mountain Air 38KSWB
David Sink is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2005, 02:29 PM   #2

Hi All
Any one know were i can get a new Newmar lighted grab handle ares was crack and has broken.I contacted Newmar but have not gotten a reply.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #3

David, you will get the standard reply "Newmar does not sell parts directly to it's customers, unless they are at the factory in Nappannee"
You can go to any Newmar dealer and have them order what you need. Some dealers MAY ask Newmar to drop ship to your address, otherwise you'll have to go back to the dealer and pick it up. Good luck, ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:11 AM   #4

David , the best route to obtaining a new grab handle is through a Newmar dealer. Ed.S
Old 08-11-2005, 05:25 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I have one laying around at home that you can have. The only problem is it says "Itasca".
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #6

Hi All
Thanks all for the reply.The problem with getting it from a dealer is the closet one is 3 hours away.I tried to find a dealer online that can get it but no luck so far.Thanks for the offer cruzer i know i can get a clear one to but i realy want one that says Newmar on it

Old 08-11-2005, 07:52 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
My dealers parts guy will mail me parts. I call, order parts, use CC and wait for parts to arrive.

OBTW - Be aware that the Grab handle needs to sealed. I found that mine wasn't and water leaked in around the mounting brakects and where the handle sit in the bottom mounting bracket.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:26 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Does anyone know where I can find a handle bar that goes from just below cabinets to floor on inside right hand side of entrance door. Need it for wife to help exit coach. Have seen in coaches but dealer doesn't know how to get "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:54 AM   #9

"007"
Are you talking about the metal ones that I see just inside some of the Newmars? If so,there is a rv salvage parts place out in Washington state I belive where I saw them on his web site. I will look for the site and post the link if I can find it for you. Other than that I would try a Newmar <STRIKE>Stea</STRIKE> dealer
Derek
Old 08-12-2005, 09:03 AM   #10

have you considered finding a heavy duty towel bar at HD or Lowes? You can cut to length you want, and mount as it fits. Otherwise, try CW.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:12 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for the info guys why is it I always over look the simple answer. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:53 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

And, if you have a felt pen, you can still scribble "Newmar" on it.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:41 AM   #13

I ordered a replacement for my Newmar and found that in order to use the same screw holes, I had to "trim" the handle with a grinder to get a proper fit. The handle was around $90.00 so it isnt cheap.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:38 AM   #14

Here's a story you all might enjoy. We purchased our Newmar (our first MH-had a toyhauler) on a Thursday a couple weeks ago, and left that Friday for Laughlin NV. While traveling with family and friends all admiring our coach for the 5 hour ride(I was aware of Newmar coaches as being considered top of the line- we were looking at a brand new Fleetwood Fiesta with double slides, but this used 03 put that unit to shame- just the fit and finish alone) we arrived at the Flamingo hotel at midnight. The "Valet" sign said it was full, but I pulled up anyway to let everyone unload thier luggage etc. A Porter came out to meet us and help unload, and a security gaurd came up on his bike and said "I'll help you find a place to park". We thought we were being treated like royalty just because of the beauty of our new coach, but the frosting on the cake was when the Valet Manager came up and said "Mr. Newmar, we have a place right around the corner for you to park"- as he then pointed at our light up handle and said "that is awesome, your name right on the motorhome".