Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #1

Many people on this forum are always asking "What is the best price I can get on this particular unit?". I think everyone is always looking for the best deal they can get. I have thought a lot about this and have decided to take an approach with a dealer to discuss a group purchase and recieve a group discount beyond what we as individual purchasers can obtain. Today I had my first meeting with the GM and Salesmanager of the Dealer. They have committed to work with us and provide us the best deal possible for this group purchase. They are also going to bring in Newmar directly to determine what other breaks or spiffs we can get.

If you are looking to purchase any Newmar Class A in the very near future, and would like to join in on the group purchase for the best possible pricing, please let me know ASAP. We are still ironing out the specific details and I am meeting directly with Newmar and the Dealer next week. I would expect the plan details shortly after the outcome of the meeting.

Please contact me either by Private message or my email address for further questions. I am not a dealer or broker, just looking to get the best deal for my upcoming purchase of a Newmar Kountry Star.

Thanks,

KB Neal
kbn70@hotmail.com
Coachless
kneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #2

Many people on this forum are always asking "What is the best price I can get on this particular unit?". I think everyone is always looking for the best deal they can get. I have thought a lot about this and have decided to take an approach with a dealer to discuss a group purchase and recieve a group discount beyond what we as individual purchasers can obtain. Today I had my first meeting with the GM and Salesmanager of the Dealer. They have committed to work with us and provide us the best deal possible for this group purchase. They are also going to bring in Newmar directly to determine what other breaks or spiffs we can get.

If you are looking to purchase any Newmar Class A in the very near future, and would like to join in on the group purchase for the best possible pricing, please let me know ASAP. We are still ironing out the specific details and I am meeting directly with Newmar and the Dealer next week. I would expect the plan details shortly after the outcome of the meeting.

Please contact me either by Private message or my email address for further questions. I am not a dealer or broker, just looking to get the best deal for my upcoming purchase of a Newmar Kountry Star.

Thanks,

KB Neal
kbn70@hotmail.com
Coachless
Old 12-15-2007, 04:02 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2.com
Good luck on you dealing,
Will the pricing be thru 1, 2, how many dealers would we still be able to try to get a better deal or would it be like what Saturn does, this is the price take it or leave it.
I like what you are trying to do.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:18 AM   #4

You may be on to a good idea. However, the purchase price should not be the single most important factor in buying an expensive diesel MH. The after purchase dealer service and support is something a lot of people do not think about. My dealer (Midway Motorhomes) has been wonderful and is alway's willing to schedule me in and provide tech support from the road. My dealer completed the package and has kept me a happy Newmar owner. Their price was also competitive.

Newmar Mountain Aire
JerryKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:31 AM   #5

Welcome to the forum. I don't believe this would be viable. There are far too many variations in what customers want. One person loves a given dealer while another does not. What kind of discount do you really believe you could get, 25, 28,30%? I don't believe Newmar would truly be interested in this. They can not favor any one dealer like this. So, they would have to open the purchase point to any the client chooses. So, whats so different with that than the way it is now.
No, I'm afraid the dealer is just pipe dreaming on this one.
But, I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night!

Peter
Old 12-15-2007, 05:13 AM   #6

Dealers do get incentives, and those incentives vary on how much product they are pushing. The Dealer I am working with at the moment is willing to push some of the incentive discount to a group purchase deal. Right now we are looking at 28-29% and possibly more depending on the number of participants (Goal is 5).

As far as the warranty and service go - I agree it is important to find a good dealer for this purpose. However I truly believe that one should be able to purchase wherever they get the best deal. There is a lot of debate in this area as many feel that you need to by from a local dealer to get the best service. Personally, I am going to be full timing and local dealer will do me no good if I don't plan on coming back to that state for a year. Dealers get paid the same for warranty work and more for out of warranty work. Again this is a controversial topic so don't want to stray of the topic of Getting the Best Deal Possible.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:15 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by read & learn:
Will the pricing be thru 1, 2, how many dealers would we still be able to try to get a better deal or would it be like what Saturn does, this is the price take it or leave it.
I like what you are trying to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am actually working with two dealers on this and open to more. The goal is to gain purchasing power through quantity. Thanks for your input!
Old 12-15-2007, 05:27 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
While I would agree w/Peter on most of his points, the RV industry isn't exactly tearing it up right now. Maybe there is flexibility.

If I could add that the best deal seems to happen if you are willing to walk if the terms aren't right or to an alternate deal. In this case that could be a different manufacturer and/or different dealer.

Just out of curiosity, does this dealer handle High Line? Are we allowed to know who it is?
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:34 AM   #9

The two dealers I am working with are in TN and IL. The TN Dealer carries the Newmar Line up to the London Aire as well as Foretravel. The IL dealer carries all of the Newmar Line as well.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:30 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome kneal to the Newmar forum and irv2.
Good luck in your venture keep us inform as to its progress.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #11

Thanks for the questions and support. I will keep you posted. I have 2 committed now so it is looking good.

Thanks again!
Old 12-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kneal:
Thanks for the questions and support. I will keep you posted. I have 2 committed now so it is looking good.

Thanks again! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This doesn't make much sense to me. A) the percentage is in line with what one can get without the hassle and B) Newmar has refused to give discounts to any one dealer vs another and thus lost some major ones so why all of a sudden bring their whole dealer relations status into question? But heh what does this old guy know ????
Old 12-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ecker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kneal:

Thanks again! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This doesn't make much sense to me. A) the percentage is in line with what one can get without the hassle and B) Newmar has refused to give discounts to any one dealer vs another and thus lost some major ones so why all of a sudden bring their whole dealer relations status into question? But heh what does this old guy know ???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN!!
jmon129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:14 PM   #14

28 to 30% has been had by individual buyers, I know of several. So, what's the discount going to be with 5 or 10 units? 35%? And what happens when the wheels fall off for some buyers disagreeing with various parts of the deal? And this require joining a group? Watch out for the law suites when a member is not happy with the price they paid as they found a single unit that got better or because of poor service from the selected dealer.

Life is really to short to mess with this stuff. Do it with cars, they need a help. RV's are to enjoy, this probably isn't the way you want to get involved. Please don't think I'm being a jerk. But I honestly think it's a waste of time. No matter how good a deal you think you will get. someone else, a single buyer will be cheaper.

All Due Respects,

Peter