Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2022, 06:59 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
I am surprised there is no room to install it vertically. I just put a 12v3000 2/120 in my Winnebago, which is a taller inverter than the 12v 3000. It fit just fine with 6" on the bottom and top. It is 23" tall. Sounds like Newmar shortcutted it to avoid changing a wiring harness or something.

On a side note, I love the Victron. It powers the entire coach, both legs up to the limit of 3000 watts. I have the Bluetooth dongle and can change settings from the phone. Also love the fact that it's modular and cooperates with other Victron products so as switch to Lithium, add solar, 12v-12v charger, or whatever, plus WiFi it's seamless.

I have seen a number of RV Videos for 5th wheel and TT that they mounted in the horizontal position, against recommendations, but all that did added someway to improve cooling.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2022, 11:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul8020 View Post
What about five years and one day??
Also, what does Victron say about it?
This is exactly my concern, I have nothing in my possession other than notes of a support phone call that indicates a non-standard install has been blessed by Victron.

As for contacting Victron directly, they don't like to be contacted directly. They direct all questions to "your dealer". I don't know if Newmar is my dealer or whoever supplied them with the inverter. To find out who my dealer is, I have to get my serial number off the inverter and send it to Victron. Remember, the inverter is mounted between the frame rails on the ceiling of the pass-thru bay. There's no way I can personally get to it, but perhaps I can empty the slide tray and get my wife to climb in there to find it! They say S/N can be found in the VictronConnect app, but I'm not at the coach right now, can't connect to the inverter, and I don't see it in the app.

If I learn any more about this, I'll be sure to follow-up here. If anyone out there has personal experience about this whole situation, please let me know.
Old 08-16-2022, 11:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosnandy View Post
I love the Victron. It powers the entire coach, both legs up to the limit of 3000 watts. I have the Bluetooth dongle and can change settings from the phone. Also love the fact that it's modular and cooperates with other Victron products so as switch to Lithium, add solar, 12v-12v charger, or whatever, plus WiFi it's seamless.
I'm kind of confused, because I can connect to the Cerbo GX module via Bluetooth using the VictronConnect app and it displays the same info as the LCD display mounted in the cabinet above the driver's seat. But I don't seem to be able to make any adjustments to the inverter settings using this Bluetooth connection. I can't even figure out how to do something simple like adjust the time zone shown on the LCD display (it still reads Indiana time from the factory), much less make important changes in the future when I switch to lithium.
Old 08-18-2022, 07:11 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
If I add one to my current coach, I will drill a 3" to 4" hole in the bay wall between the pass thru and the batteries, add a grill and let the fan draw air from the battery bay, which is open.
Would there be an issue with carbon monoxide entering the basement and possibly into the living space?
Vagabond51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 07:30 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond51 View Post
Would there be an issue with carbon monoxide entering the basement and possibly into the living space?
I would think the odds would be low…as the engine is in the back and the generator exhausts out the side. The risk is higher from the oasis which is already in the basement. And you can always add a CO2 detector…
richpatty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 04:49 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by richpatty View Post
I would think the odds would be low…as the engine is in the back and the generator exhausts out the side. The risk is higher from the oasis which is already in the basement. And you can always add a CO2 detector…

Thanks! That carbon monoxide is scary stuff. Your explanation makes sense. Thanks again.
Vagabond51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 04:02 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Pdmeehan
CALLingham, rather than climbing in the bay to get the serial number off the invertor do you have a listing of "Important Equipment" in one of your cabinets? Ours is in the forward wardrobe closet in the bedroom. I have taken a picture of the listing and refer to it as needed.
If you have the listing, snap a shot the next time you are at the coach.
I have a Magnum MS2812 invertor that has begun to overheat. I pull the pass-thru slide out the passenger the side which provided me plenty of room to access the invertor to perform a soft reset and to verify if the invertor's cooling fans were operational. Fans were not operational. I was fortunate and found a replacement invertor so off to have it replaced today.
Safe travels!
Old 08-22-2022, 10:21 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdmeehan View Post
CALLingham, rather than climbing in the bay to get the serial number off the invertor do you have a listing of "Important Equipment" in one of your cabinets? Ours is in the forward wardrobe closet in the bedroom. I have taken a picture of the listing and refer to it as needed.
Thanks for reminding me of this! Yes, I have a copy in my Newmar docs box, and sure enough, there's the S/N I need!

Tags
charger, install, inverter, led, newmar