Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2017, 11:05 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamaliel Kid View Post
Coach C gave you good advice. When asking a bank how much they will loan - do NOT let them calculate based on YOUR good credit. You want the number they will loan on it based on the worst credit they would consider - believe me they have more than one lend amount - you don't want your credit rating to factor into what their loan amount.
I may be wrong, but it has been my experience that your credit score influences the credit RATE you get more than the amount. You should be asking for the best credit rate you can get (%) and the terms (# of month). They will also tell you the max dollar amount they will loan at that rate and term. You don't have to take the full amount, you can borrow less dollars, or take less months in term. Large differences in payback months will also reduce the lending rate % (a 10 year loan will have a lower rate than a 15 year loan--but a 16 year loan % rate could be as high as the 20 yr rate).
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2017, 03:20 PM   #30

Good apsuggestion to think of a 2016 "leftover". Brand new, full 1 year warranty, will be worth a lot more in 3-5-years.
Even if $25,000 more than what you might pay for the used one, that amounts to about $160 per month at current interest rates and 20 year term. You will probably spend at least $3000 for new tires and batteries for the used one, and if any other problems you cold easily "invest" $10,000 over what you could agree on for the used coach price...the extra $160 per month builds in that $10,000 over a 5-year span rather than having to come up with cash up front.
Again, just my $.02.
Johnidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:19 PM   #31

We got the report on the RV as someone on here suggested we do. We will then see if this is the coach for us and based on the info from the report will consider making a deal if we can get the price we will be happy with. One thing I can say for sure is we will most definitely be shopping for a loan based on our excellent credit rating and wouldn't have it any other way! So thanks for your input but I think we got this now.
A-summitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:58 PM   #32

We saw a 2017 Bay Star at the Tampa Super RV Show in January this year. It listed for around $125,000. I think they are asking too much for this 2013. Watch out for dealers using high pressure. We bought our 2010 Dutch Star from a private individual and saved about $10,000 in sales tax. Good luck.
krzy parents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:27 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Getting ready to trade 2015 3401 BS with 8200 miles, great condition. Dealer giving me 80,000 for a reference . Be patient
bevo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:29 AM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbystar View Post
Long ago I was a car salesman with GM training. We were taught that 80% of the car buying decision was based on emotion. My experience with the car industry and other jobs since then is that the above rule is true in most buying decisions.
Yep, I made that mistake with the Magna, should have passed on it or offered less. The did give us either $20,000 more for our trade or took $20,000 off the asking price though. All I was looking at was the difference and I was OK with that. But, in reality, we should have kept the '02 DSDP!! Although now that the DW passed it really doesn't matter.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:13 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Yep, I made that mistake with the Magna, should have passed on it or offered less. The did give us either $20,000 more for our trade or took $20,000 off the asking price though. All I was looking at was the difference and I was OK with that. But, in reality, we should have kept the '02 DSDP!! Although now that the DW passed it really doesn't matter.
That's all that really matters. They can give me $0 for my trade if they discount the new unit enough. Or, they can give me high retail plus more and charge MSRP for the new unit. Doesn't make a bit of difference to me. My out of pocket bottom line is all I'm really interested in.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:28 AM   #36

MrD
I am so sorry to read that your wife has passed...bless your heart.
I see you are in Vancouver WA, well so are we. How'dy neighbor!

We had a concrete pad put in when we had the house built last year...since we would like to store this RV next to our house we can not go over 31 feet total period, cause nothing larger will fit, also it must be behind the fence (association rules) so all this really limits us to what we can get. This particular coach is 30ft 11inches and would just fit...huh?
A-summitman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help, newmar