Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2017, 03:36 PM   #1

Newmar owners I need help fast...please?

Hello everybody
Want to know if this is a reasonable price: 2013 Bay Star 3002 with 18k miles in mint condition for $82,400? Clean car fax report too!
Any info someone can give would be most appreciated! A little background on us: we are new RV-ers! However this is the size we want and only a Newmar will do! I know there are other brands of coaches out there but just have no interest! We are getting it inspected prior to the purchase if we do decide to buy it and will probably get an extended warranty but still researching that: looking @ Wholesale warranties for one & some others! I know this is maybe more than some newbies should probably spend but have not found one that is as sweet as this one is! Not emotional about it but the heart wants what the heart wants! So excited I (the wife) can't even sleep! There still is time to change our minds but we need all of you good people to help show us the way if possible? Thanks in advance and see you at camp!
A-summitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2017, 04:37 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The NADA BASE (no options) round numbers is...
Low retail $66K
Ave retail $80K

2013 Bay Star Price, 2013 Bay Star Values & 2013 Bay Star Specs | NADAguides
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:42 PM   #3

Too much money

whole sale book value is 58K retail is 78K. I would not take that deal. Message me personally for more info.
rvlife31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:05 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Take a look on RVTrader for this model - that'll give you a better idea for pricing. Looks too high was my first reaction.
Carefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:20 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
you don't say if this is a private sale or from a dealer? Is it a Newmar dealer & is the dealer giving you any warranty?

I assume you are not trading anything?
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:36 PM   #6

Price seems high
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:44 PM   #7

Don't necessarily go by what you read here or Nada guidelines. If it is in great shape and your private inspection seconds that opinion, you may be getting a good deal. Sure you can find one at a much lower price, but you get what you pay for and that may be a MH that has not been taken care of and issues that will come up down the road. If it is a private party deal, it is probably a decent deal, it was well taken care of, and the owner knows he will get his price. If it is a dealership then there may be some room for negotiation.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:40 PM   #8

Well...guys thanks so much for you opinions. It is a dealer and I got them down from $105,000. No warranty is included. However they know what they have, from the pics it is really super clean. Salesman said there isn't even a scratch anywhere on it and the party that traded it in and upgraded to a bigger Newmar babied it and it was always stored inside (however that is what a salesman said, so you never know about the truth of that statement)? Even though it is quite a ways away we are willing to travel to get it?
Old 03-01-2017, 06:46 PM   #9

Just so you know it was overpriced by the dealer begin with. It may still be a good deal, but you could have bought a new one of that year for less than 105,000. I would say you need to look at it in person, not just pictures the dealer sent you. I would bet you can get it down to around 80k, maybe a little less, if it is in pristine condition.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:17 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-summitman View Post
Hello everybody
Want to know if this is a reasonable price: 2013 Bay Star 3002 with 18k miles in mint condition for $82,400? Clean car fax report too!
Any info someone can give would be most appreciated! A little background on us: we are new RV-ers! However this is the size we want and only a Newmar will do! I know there are other brands of coaches out there but just have no interest! We are getting it inspected prior to the purchase if we do decide to buy it and will probably get an extended warranty but still researching that: looking @ Wholesale warranties for one & some others! I know this is maybe more than some newbies should probably spend but have not found one that is as sweet as this one is! Not emotional about it but the heart wants what the heart wants! So excited I (the wife) can't even sleep! There still is time to change our minds but we need all of you good people to help show us the way if possible? Thanks in advance and see you at camp!
I don't me to be a downer here but when I see the combination of words and phrases like "need help fast" salesman, "so excited" always stored inside, pictures look great etc. I get nervous.
Ask the bank how much they would loan (after they have a VIN# and spec sheet with options). That should give you an idea what it is worth. Not saying you can buy it for that but it's a good place to start.
IMHO you don't want to rush into a large purchase. Make sure you drive a Bay Star before you buy so you know what to expect. No doubt a nice coach and pretty hard to beat a Newmar. Don't let your excitement rule your purchase.
Best of luck and hope to see you on the road!

Cheers
Old 03-01-2017, 07:30 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
You might want to look at new 2017s.
you can figure about 29% off true factory list & not a marked up liust price that some dealers post.
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:44 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
CoachC is on the right track. Wholesale value (what a bank will loan) is usually 80% of retail. Yes a bank may loan more to someone with excellent credit but you want to ask what the wholesale 80% value. They can also tell you retail value. Another point to consider is where your bank is and where the unit is--prices, NADA, Blue or Black Book figures are all regional. Up north in the winter there probably not to many Rv deals running thru the dealer auctions to have a good comp listing. If y u are borrowing money to buy remember that if you borrow more the 80% you will most likely be Updike down should you want to sell in the first 5 years for sure.
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #13

$82,400?
That is more than 20% off isn't that good? What do you think would be an good offer: we offered $81,000 and then they came down to $83,400 and I asked is that the best you can do? They came down another grand.
20k down borrowing the rest but ficos are over 800 so they are working hard to finance it for us and I said whoever gives the best terms will get the loan?
Skyboss: I thought if this turns out to be as clean as it's claimed to be wouldn't that warrant the $2400?
Old 03-01-2017, 08:54 PM   #14

Folks are trying to carefully and tactfully suggest to the OP that 2013 is priced high and that for the original asking price ($105k), one could buy a new 2017 Baystar (32'). A quick check of RV Trader shows several 2015-2016 Baystars just above the price for this 2013. For example ... a 2015 Baystar 3124 for $89,995 with 7800 miles which is the asking price. The OP might want to study the specifications of the 2016 and newer Baystars as compared to the 2013. The differences IMO would be worth the price difference.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help, newmar