Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #1

Newmar Parts Pricing

I'm considering some upgrades to my 2005 DS. I have received quotes from the factory, but the pricing seems very high. It seems like everything is almost double the price that I'm seeing at other retailers. I do not mind paying a little premium for the factory service, but it should be reasonable. Curious of anyone else's experience.
washbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #2

EVERY manufacturer does this.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Yes, everytime I've price checked items with Newmar, I have found them to be twice as much as other sources. Unless it is a Newmar exclusive part, I'll buy elsewhere.
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi washbob,
For me, it all depends. I've found some prices are quite reasonable. Others very high. Consider continuing to try and over time you may find the same thing.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I too have found prices from reasonable to high.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Indeed, every manufacturer does this. I'm told part of this is dealer agreements. Dealers would not be happy if they were underselling them.

Try a dealer such as LeesRV - I've dealt with their parts reps and they're fairly reasonable. I've had things drop-shipped from the factory through them.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome washbob to Newmar forum & irv2.
I have added some items from Newmar and from other outlets when I did some upgrades to my coach.
If you click on the Quick Tips & Mods link below you will see many items Newmar people have added to their coach's.
Items from Newmar were in line of material they used to build coach it is sometimes difficult to find same items in Home Depot or Lowe's to match their items for instance.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Just had work done at Newmar Factory including replacing spray hose on toilet. The part was over $92.00. When I asked about this price, I was told everyone who has it replaced asks the same question. Home Depot less then $20.00 for their best.
At the last International I asked the higher ups from Newmar about why some prices are out of sight and the answer was that some parts costs more from the venders than you can buy else where and Newmar needs charge more to cover their costs plus a profit.
Also had transmission serviced and it was well below other places Allison-Spartan-CW.
Over all even DW was happy with the service Bill

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote