Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2018, 09:51 PM   #43

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane View Post
Why the $2200 on the advantage micro they don't cost that much also the windows in Bedroom cost us $1000 not to install seemed strange when you consider the cost savings by Newmar. but glad we did it.
I'll be disappointed and a bit confused if it costs $1,000 to opt out of the windows.

Also seems odd there is no wholesale credit for not taking the Whirlpool microwave. I had another dealer quote me $1400 for the microwave upgrade. It seemed that is the going price at places like Best Buy too. So, I couldn't in good conscious pay $2200 for a $1400 item. The dealer said $2200 was his cost.

Hopefully this newer Whirlpool model will last longer than my current model. I already own a Breville Toaster Oven, so I didn't really need the Advantium.
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2018, 12:06 PM   #44

Freightliner Owners Club
2017 London Aire 4553
1 Add 2 radio speakers in master bath with on/off switch
2 Add 2 12V outlets to the left of the steering wheel
3 Add 1 12 V outlet in master bath closet top right side
4 Omit OH cabinets over dinette and recliners and add larger windows and larger sofa window
5 Add LED lights under slide out on the ODS with separate switch
6 Shurflo 4048 water pump ILO of standard
7 Add 110 V outlet by outdoor freezer
8 Add LED light strip to OH cabinet above drivers seat to come on when door opens
9 Add additional 110V outlet by standard in dinette
10 Essex style master bath vessel sinks and faucets ILO Std
11 Essex style dinette chairs ILO of std
12 Two tier Bdrm dresser with lower drawers deeper than upper drawers
13 Essex solid surface throughout ILO of std
14 King Aire backsplash in kitchen
15 Essex backsplash in half and master bath including shower
16 Essex floor tile laid in Essex pattern with brown strip
17 Essex pull and knobs on all cabinets
18 Essex kitchen sink
19 Special paint
Changed 1 drawer by washer and dryer for taller items
freen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:48 PM   #45

Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
, I would have them NOT install the rear bath towel bar, order a second one and again, just supply them with the coach for self install later. I guess they figure one short towel bar is sufficient for two people. I don't like the hook on the wall.
Where is the towel bar currently?
Johninar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:12 PM   #46

Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerhound View Post
I'll be disappointed and a bit confused if it costs $1,000 to opt out of the windows.

Also seems odd there is no wholesale credit for not taking the Whirlpool microwave. I had another dealer quote me $1400 for the microwave upgrade. It seemed that is the going price at places like Best Buy too. So, I couldn't in good conscious pay $2200 for a $1400 item. The dealer said $2200 was his cost.

Hopefully this newer Whirlpool model will last longer than my current model. I already own a Breville Toaster Oven, so I didn't really need the Advantium.
I just don't understand how this can cost $2,200 to put the Advantium in? It's only $1,200 to $1,400 for the 120v model. If our special cost comes in at 2200 we will just do it when we take delivery and sell the original MW. Just thought could this be for the 240volt model?
Old 01-28-2019, 05:25 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninar View Post
I just don't understand how this can cost $2,200 to put the Advantium in? It's only $1,200 to $1,400 for the 120v model. If our special cost comes in at 2200 we will just do it when we take delivery and sell the original MW. Just thought could this be for the 240volt model?
It is not the 240V model. It is not $2200 but closer to $1400 but no credit for the Whirlpool switch.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 06:45 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

I am curious whether or not you pursued the bedroom window and if they charged you.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:46 PM   #49

Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
It is not the 240V model. It is not $2200 but closer to $1400 but no credit for the Whirlpool switch.
Just quoting what Walkerhound was priced for that option.
The 240 volt unit would be great to have. It really out performs the 120.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:33 PM   #50

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane View Post
I am curious whether or not you pursued the bedroom window and if they charged you.
I did option it. Thank you for the photos. It wasn't so bad of a cost... I can't recall the exact amount, but it was under $700.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:36 PM   #51

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninar View Post
Just quoting what Walkerhound was priced for that option.
The 240 volt unit would be great to have. It really out performs the 120.
It is really confusing to me.. and I feel my dealer is very honest, but it was $700 cheaper at NIRV. I can't explain that unless NIRV is getting a volume discount. So, I am going to give the whirlpool a shot and if it fails me like the one I have in my CS then it is still cheaper to install after the fact; as NealC recently proved.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:41 PM   #52

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by freen03 View Post
2017 London Aire 4553
1 Add 2 radio speakers in master bath with on/off switch
2 Add 2 12V outlets to the left of the steering wheel
3 Add 1 12 V outlet in master bath closet top right side
4 Omit OH cabinets over dinette and recliners and add larger windows and larger sofa window
5 Add LED lights under slide out on the ODS with separate switch
6 Shurflo 4048 water pump ILO of standard
7 Add 110 V outlet by outdoor freezer
8 Add LED light strip to OH cabinet above drivers seat to come on when door opens
9 Add additional 110V outlet by standard in dinette
10 Essex style master bath vessel sinks and faucets ILO Std
11 Essex style dinette chairs ILO of std
12 Two tier Bdrm dresser with lower drawers deeper than upper drawers
13 Essex solid surface throughout ILO of std
14 King Aire backsplash in kitchen
15 Essex backsplash in half and master bath including shower
16 Essex floor tile laid in Essex pattern with brown strip
17 Essex pull and knobs on all cabinets
18 Essex kitchen sink
19 Special paint
Changed 1 drawer by washer and dryer for taller items
woah... way to go for reaching for the stars. I guess I still have a lot to learn. It never occurred to me I could ask for so much. I was nervous asking for Essex counters, King Aire floors and a conduit from the cabinet above the driver seat to an access point on the roof. As it was I didn't ask for custom paint until it was too late to change it and that was 10 weeks before estimated delivery.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:00 PM   #53

Quote:
It is really confusing to me.. and I feel my dealer is very honest, but it was $700 cheaper at NIRV. I can't explain that unless NIRV is getting a volume discount. So, I am going to give the whirlpool a shot and if it fails me like the one I have in my CS then it is still cheaper to install after the fact; as NealC recently proved.
There is a large difference in how dealers price specials, from zero markup, to minimal markup, to others with large markups.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:35 PM   #54

Newmar Bay Star 3226

We are brand new to this whole RV ordering thing but our neighbor has been an amazing resource with ideas for our order. We just finalized our Bay Star 3226 order with the following specials and we are so excited:

Approved:
Vinyl tile floors extended into the bedroom (suggested by dealer and so happy about this option)
Domatic 9000 window awnings (bedroom, sofa, and dinette windows) (for when the winds are high and we don't want the big awning out)
110V Outlet interior storage area of the master bed base (in case we decide to add an after market bed incline system)

Denied:
Power incline bed base

New request (we hope it isn't too late)--Keep the artwork and leave the wall blank.

Thanks,
Old 02-22-2019, 10:48 PM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
i submitted a request for a bunch of the specials everyone has listed here. It’s been fun picking ideas from everyone’s list. Interestingly, Newmar denied the privacy boxes on the driver and passenger side front windows and the sewer door delete. They also denied Black dash surround ilo the wood grain.

I’m curious how to rephrase the privacy boxes to get them approved. I’m wondering for those that ordered the black dash were the gauge surrounds still wood grain or did they come black?

This has been a great thread as I piece together my order.
Alex00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:07 AM   #56

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex00 View Post
Newmar denied the privacy boxes on the driver and passenger side front windows.
How odd, right? I hate having that gap in my current coach. The shade is far enough away from the wall/window that I can channel my inner voyeur when I hear people outside the front of my coach have fun.

Wonder why we have to ask for it when they are on virtually every window by default. IMHO, even a channel like the giant windshield shade has would be an improvement.

I took a wander on the internet to look for coaches with photos on dealer lots and can't find a Newmar with them; even the KA. Maybe there in lies the reason for the denial; it would be a 100% custom job that they don't have time and resources to dedicate to. If you can, I would try to find an example (year/model) to add to your request to Newmar.

I forgot to ask for them in my NA, but it appears I didn't miss anything. Good luck.

Tags
newmar