Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
6mm

Newmar price ranges

Is there a site I can visit to get basic price ranges on the Dutch Star and Mountain Air.
We are starting to look at the Dutch Star in the 40' class and I see the mountain Air is also offered in a 40' class.
And also why would you choose one over the other.
The DW and I made our first trip this last weekend to a Newmar dealer and now know how little of the basic questions we forgot ask.
Our dealer is 250 miles away so we can not visit them with out making a weekend of it.
After we started our drive home we noticed we spent more time in awe of the coaches than asking the questions we should have.
I can see how it must take a lot of DD to make the best choice and how much fun this is going to be.
Thanks
6mm
6mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Get a spec sheet, check off the options you want, add any specials and fax it to several dealers. Some will give you a price, others won't. We didn't do that with either of our DSDP's and probably paid too much as a result. The spec sheet will (as I remember) list the base price and then option prices. Any "specials" will require Newmar to give out that info. On our DSDP we had them remove two walls and a pocket door, then substitute a different bath vanity along with a bunch of other stuff. Must have been a goode change as Newmar offered it as a 2004 floor plan.
Someone also posted that you could send the spec sheet to Newmar, who would keep it on file and then each dealer could get a copy and give you a price. Don't know how true that is though.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
6mm

Thanks MR- D

I just found on Newmar web site the basic price under the spec header at the bottom of page.
6mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #4

You can also call the Newmar sales office and talk to them.

If you search through a few of the order threads in this section, some had price sheets in pdf form that you can download.

Just remember not everything is on the price sheet. Newmar will do much more.

PDRJohn-Redbaron73-Deek-FLSteve-pessman-ma snart are a few member names that have threads.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post

Just remember not everything is on the price sheet. Newmar will do much more.
Can you give me a few ideas?
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jim, if you look up this link The HOOT's 5 threads you will find out all about their new coach's.
Their ordering , options and rebuilds of floor plans in their new coach's.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Options not on the price list or in the brochure are called "Specials".

You can request just about any change or upgrade and Newmar will give you a price for it or tell you "No".

You can reconfigure, add or delete cabinets, furniture, fabric, appliances, custom wiring, TVs, window shades, awnings, etc.

In my Dutchstar, Newmar deleted a sofa, built a stereo cabinet, deleted a sink in the toilet room and built a linen closet, add extra cabinets, upgraded the fridge, upgraded the window shades, changed the color of the slideout toppers, added extra 12v and 120v outlets.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post

Everything Route66 just said.

We removed both couches and had recliners and a custom TV cabinet put in their places. We eliminated one small cabinet and TV, moving the refig down and doubled the size of the pantry.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
jimbo2013 ... if you will read through the below thread of pessman, I think you will get a better feel for what Newmar is willing to do in the "specials" department. As PDR John also mentioned, there is a wealth of information in the other threads that will almost overwhelm you.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/2014...ml#post1615186

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6mm
Is there a site I can visit to get basic price ranges on the Dutch Star and Mountain Air.
We are starting to look at the Dutch Star in the 40' class and I see the mountain Air is also offered in a 40' class.
And also why would you choose one over the other.
The DW and I made our first trip this last weekend to a Newmar dealer and now know how little of the basic questions we forgot ask.
Our dealer is 250 miles away so we can not visit them with out making a weekend of it.
After we started our drive home we noticed we spent more time in awe of the coaches than asking the questions we should have.
I can see how it must take a lot of DD to make the best choice and how much fun this is going to be.
Thanks
6mm
6mm where you able to get a 2014 price sheet? If not let me know, I think I have them buried in my computer.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Here is a link to some 2014 Dutch Star price sheets if they are still there ...

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/2014...ml#post1534053

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Dutch Star v. Mountain Aire

6mm --

No one seems to have responded to your question of Dutch Star v. Mountain Aire.

It's a very good question and there will be plenty differences of opinion. In October, in Sevierville, TN, we had a small gathering of some of the people who do the most posting on this Forum who wanted to get together to meet, see each others' coaches and exchange ideas of interest in person. Of the thirteen coaches that were present, twelve were Dutch Stars. You can read more about it, if you want to, under the thread in this Forum called "Newmar Hoots Looking for a Roost". It was a hoot! At the time of the gathering, a local Newmar dealer, Buddy Gregg RV in Knoxville, delivered a 2014 Mountain Aire and left it for twenty four hours for all of us to inspect and go through. Needless to say, with the engineers, the craftsmen and the many just curious in our esteemed group, nearly everyone in our group was all over the MA -- checking, prodding, poking, asking questions, generally commenting on what we thought of it.

The consensus was that while it was a stunning and beautiful coach with some upgraded features from the Dutch Star, Newmar has, over the past couple of years, added enough Mountain Aire features to the big upgrade which Newmar did to the Dutch Star beginning in 2013, that the Mountain Aire, for most people, does not make sense in terms of additional price from the price on the DS. Essex, yes; Mountain Aire, no.

Plus, I told the story at the Hoots gathering of a couple we met at Newmar when we took factory delivery of our '13 Dutch Star 4018 in February, 2013 who, in thirteen years of full timing, have owned no less than twelve Dutch Stars! These people lead caravans for RV Adventures and, believe me, know their stuff. They told DW and me two important things that we have both remembered vividly: (1) they would never own another motor home product than Newmar because of the build quality, the ability to change things and the accommodation that Newmar, as manufacturer, has made to them over the years when issues after delivery arose; and (2) the would never own any model other than the Dutch Star because of the total value package of all that Newmar furnishes on the DS v. other models -- in other words, they had not a bit of doubt in their minds that the Dutch Star was the single best value for the dollar at Newmar.

Last thing I would say -- which is the same exact thing many of us Hoots have said on the Newmar Owners' Forum over the time we have all posted -- the proof is in the experiencing of the coach, and there are no shortcuts to this despite any advertising or sales hustle that might be substituted in place of actually getting in the coach to experience it first hand.

With the huge investment involved and the fact that this is a Dream, not a necessity, and you and your wife want to be really happy with your purchase -- get to a good dealer with a lot of units -- even if you have to fly there -- and climb in them, feel them, figure out how your stuff will fit in them and how comfortable it will be to live in them and, most, most importantly, drive them. Check out different layouts, check out different sizes, check out different options.

Review the other fabulous and in depth posts you will find that PDR John and 007 referred you to on our Forum -- you find in this reading a huge amount of suggestions and good advice from others who have made the same choices you are facing. You will soon see that one model will pop up and stare you in the face -- it will the coach that you and your wife have been looking for and it will be right for you -- and you will find, like a lot of us did, that price was not at all the biggest factor in the decision!

Happy Hunting!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar