Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2020, 06:28 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Newmar Pricing - What dealers are willing to deal?

Ok - Long time lurker - have not posted much. Time to upgrade the coach. Looking very hard at a Newmar Dutchstar 4310 - bunk model (we have kids).

From what I can google - it doesn't look like there is much inventory already built that meets our needs (we need the air chair for the mother in law)

Anyway I guess we are going to order new. I'm really not concerned with which dealer I pick as we really don't have many to pick from around Northern VA. I will have to travel anyway to pick up and I do most of my own repairs anyway - so unless the problem is really large - the coach will not be back to the dealer much.

So I guess it comes down to price - Last coach we bought was 32% of MSRP, one before that was 35%. Casually asking dealers so far have had quotes of 20 - 25% - North trail was the lowest discount so far.

At $500k or so - 7-10% could be nearly $50k delta.

Question is - if I don't really care about dealer location - who should I be talking to? Any help on this is MUCH appreciated.
sdhexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2020, 06:58 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Look at National Indoor RV in Atlanta, Ga. Steinbring Motorcoach in Garfield Mn. Independence RV in Winter Garden, Fl.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:04 PM   #3

Somewhere ; recently ; there was an indication the 2021 Newmar production was sold out .
I would expect that would make those dealers willing to deal ; a very short list.

I'll see if I can find that thread.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:06 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Somewhere ; recently ; there was an indication the 2021 Newmar production was sold out .
I would expect that would make those dealers willing to deal ; a very short list.

I'll see if I can find that thread.
Thanks!
Old 12-30-2020, 07:12 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Calling around over the last week or so - it seems the 2021 production has been fully allocated to the individual dealers - so the goal is to find a dealer that doesn't want to retire off my sale , AND that has a 43' spartan in the pipeline that hasn't been assigned to a particular floor plan. I have found one or two - but haven't really decided which to go with - the one I did get pricing from was at straight up 25% discount. Just seemed a little low - but then I've been out of the game for a while now and do not know what people are paying these days - I really was hoping for something closer to 30%, but I guess we will see.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:12 PM   #6

I didn't read all the posts , just remember the thread.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/newm...-a-511199.html
Old 12-30-2020, 07:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhexpert View Post
Calling around over the last week or so - it seems the 2021 production has been fully allocated to the individual dealers - so the goal is to find a dealer that doesn't want to retire off my sale , AND that has a 43' spartan in the pipeline that hasn't been assigned to a particular floor plan. I have found one or two - but haven't really decided which to go with - the one I did get pricing from was at straight up 25% discount. Just seemed a little low - but then I've been out of the game for a while now and do not know what people are paying these days - I really was hoping for something closer to 30%, but I guess we will see.
Definitely check out Coachlight. They give very aggressive quotes, the first time, without having to haggle or play one dealer against another.

https://www.coachlightrv.com/
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:30 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Look at National Indoor RV in Atlanta, Ga. Steinbring Motorcoach in Garfield Mn. Independence RV in Winter Garden, Fl.

To this list add Tom Lindstrom.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:24 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Even in good times (for the buyer) Newmar maxed out at about 28% on a good day. With the shortages, it seems like they're currently closer to 20% - 22%. The problem.....they're still selling quickly. With limited supply, you could shop around and end up having everything disappear while you're looking for that deal.

A friend of ours wanted to upgrade from a Bay Star to either a Kountry Star or Ventana, our dealer had both. He wanted me to go with him to the dealer and point out the differences between the two, leaning toward the KS. In just a weeks time (week of Christmas) the KS sold.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:51 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you don’t mind used, RV Trader has 2 (2017 & 2018) DS 4310 Bunk Models advertised. You will definitely save some money. Good luck.
Old 12-30-2020, 09:59 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We just ordered our 2021 DS 4081 thru NIRVC. I highly recommend them and you will likely get the best discount on Newmar with them at this time (we did). But you need to get in on a slot in their Newmar order schedule as they are nearing "sold out" status for 2021.
For Fun: 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
DNies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 11:07 AM   #12

FWIW We went with a 2017 Ventana 4310 purchased this fall and love it. We paid for a Level 2 inspection (since we were purchasing remotely and did a delivery due to COVID restrictions at the time) which gave a VERY thorough workup. The value on a slightly used vs a brand new coach is tremendous, and that depreciation hit negates the savings you're hoping to negotiate. Also someone else found all of the "shakeout" bugs, and you can get a coach contracted before Newmar was sold to W (which some folks swear is impacting quality). The 4310 is a great floorpan for families (we have a 5 and 7 year old) and love having our own shower. There are quality 4310's out there!
BeachyKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 11:41 AM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
Try Midway RV Grand Rapids MI a great all round dealer
freen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 03:33 PM   #14
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We also had a very good experience with Midway, both sales and service. We did a lot of research and decided exactly what we wanted, then bid it to several dealers. Midway was very close to the lowest price. We were impressed with their sales and service and decided to buy from them. The prices we saw in 2016 were about 20 to 28% for ordering a new RV. I can't imagine with the demand today that you could do any better than that unless you were taking something on a lot loaded with options. Midway has not disappointed us and has been excellent helping us with the few problems that we did have.

Tags
dealer, newmar