Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2021, 12:11 PM   #1

Newmar purchase

Good Morning all, I have been searching for a 2021 Newmar Ventana but cannot find the right combination of exterior and exterior options. How does one go about ordering the coach they want directly from Newmar?

Do I do that thru a dealer?

How is the final purchase price arrived at seeing how we can save substantially if we purchase one from a dealers lot (not ideal).

Thanks i advance for your time and assistance with these issues.

Pax+
GuyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2021, 12:26 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You must order through the dealer. You can take delivery from the factory (Newmar) if you wish but there is a cost associated with that. Like you we were not sure what combination we wanted either. We purchased from NIRVC in Dallas. They have a "Design Center" that will help you pick the combination you want. As an example we could pick the tile we wanted from a complete section of tile not a thumb nail picture of tile. We could lay a section of countertop with the flooring and the cabinet door and a swatch of fabric. They had 2'X3' mock up of painted metal panels to choose exterior paint scheme from.

Not sure if all NIRVC do this or not, but I do not know of another dealer that does this. As far as pricing, we could order a 2021 4369 DSDP from the, the way we wanted, within $6,000 of another dealer for a 2020 4369 DSDP that had been on their lot for 7 months. The other dealer is one of the dealers touted to be one of the dealers that gives the deepest discounts.

Hope this helps you in your search.
GW4607 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 12:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyV View Post
Good Morning all, I have been searching for a 2021 Newmar Ventana but cannot find the right combination of exterior and exterior options. How does one go about ordering the coach they want directly from Newmar?

How is the final purchase price arrived at seeing how we can save substantially if we purchase one from a dealers lot (not ideal).

Pax+
You must order through a Newmar dealer to buy a new Newmar Coach. It saves a lot of time if you know your model, length, colors & options ahead of time- go to Newmarcorp.com & they have a tab under new units- build my coach- get that all done- print it out & send to 4- 6 dealers for quotes. Dealers I would recommend- Independence RV, Steinberg RV, Coachlight RV, Trans West RV & Midway RV. These are good reputable dealers. Depending on $$$$$ amount of options you want, You should get a 25-32% discount off MSRP- more options = higher discount. Good luck & welcome to the Newmar family!

Happy Trails
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 12:45 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I also put mine together thru NIRVC in Lawrenceville, GA. Same experience as above.

Contact a Newmar dealer (or Newmar directly) and ask for a build sheet. The build sheet will lay out every standard feature as well as all the options along with pricing (MSRP). On top of that, you can build in additional features (like color changes) that are called ďspecialsĒ.

Itís a fun process, but a heck of a wait from order to delivery.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:51 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
You can call Tom Lindstrom RV in Moorpark, CA. I believe he is a top ten dealer and is a straight shooter with no add-ons or extra fees. I bought my 2020 DS4369 from him and it was a great experience.
tqqest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:06 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I've bought two from Tom Lindstrom.....great dealer.

In May, all Newmar dealers meet and determine how many coaches they will buy from Newmar for the next model year. There are only so many coaches made. As an example, Tom Lindstrom may order 100 -120 coaches. Those coaches, from gas models to diesels, will be shipped to him, about 8-9 a month over the model year.

If you want to custom order, a Ventana, he'll look and see when the next Ventana is coming in that hasn't already been purchased by someone else. We went in June of 2018 to order our new 2019 Dutch Star. He had one on a Freightliner chassis available in November of 2019 and one on a Spartan chassis, available in February of 2020. We didn't care which chassis we got and bought the Freightliner that would arrive in November.

After we chose the coach, we decided on options and "specials" (specials are changes you can make that are not options, like additional outlets and different windows). Once that was done, we gave him a down payment and waited for our coach.

So....the point I'm trying to make, you can't necessarily walk into a Newmar dealer and order a coach tomorrow for delivery three months from now. The dealer has to have some coaches in the que for future delivery. Right now is the end of the model year and I doubt you'll find anyone taking/making an order on a 2021. You'll most likely have to order a 2022 after the dealer meeting in May.

You might find a dealer somewhere in the country that has one in stock, but that was spec'd out by the dealer and you'll have to take it the way it is.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:27 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyV View Post

Pax+
The only way to do that is through a dealer. If you are serious I can give you a direct line to some one who knows what is in the pipe line.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:53 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Adding on to what Don said above when the dealers order they are actually committing to a chassis. That doesn't just mean Freightliner vs Spartan but also a length.

When we ordered our '19 Ventana in early July of '18 our dealer had a few different lengths available spaced out over the model year. We put down a deposit with a plan on their 43' coming in late October. However, we had several specials that required Newmar to evaluate and engineer a solution and we didn't complete that until the 2nd week of August. But the dealer had to commit earlier than that point to how the October unit would be configured. So we ended up with a Dec delivery which was the next 43' Ventana they had on order.

Don't rush. Take the time to get what you want - there are many threads on here that list the options and specials people have picked over the last few years. Mapnerd had a really detailed list of the specials he ordered on his '20 Ventana with pictures and that would be a useful post to read. Other's like Don have changed the depth of the upper cabinets over the eating area, etc. take time to read those threads while you are negotiating with a dealer on the base unit (you won't get dealers to compete against each other on specials because they don't know Newmar's upcharge until later).

- Richard
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:50 PM   #9

We experienced the same problem and ordered a new 2020 Newmar Dutch Star directly from the dealer with all the things we wanted. We are completely happy with the experience and the coach. NIRV in Lewisville Texas.
Flying K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 09:13 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
In the pre COVID-19 world, you could schedule an appointment with Michelle Howard or one of the design staff. You could take you wish list, custom paint and ask for the moon and see what engineering would approve. Michelle had our specials and we had the build sheet with our choice of regular options. We sent the build sheet to several dealers and advised them that Michelle had the specials. Our best deal came from Chad DeMaat at Midway RV in Grand Rapids, MI. Chad was very thorough, reviewing the choices that we made on specials, colors etc. His attention to detail was impeccable.

I donít know if Newmar is still doing the sit downs with the design staff. Itís getting a bit late in the year to order a 21 due to chassis availability. You might end up with a 22. Thatís not a bad thing as some items that are options in the current year turn into standard features on the upcoming year.

Good luck on your shopping experience.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:29 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
The ‘21s are allegedly sold out, so you will have to get a 22. From experience, i can tell you to expect about a 6 month wait.

Negotiations....25-30% off of msrp may still be possible. Get your options at dealer cost. CPU, customer pick up, adds more waiting time. Look up “specials” to see what you can ask for to “make it yours”. There is a wide range of things you can ask for beyond the order sheet.

NIRVC does a pretty good job, but follow through to make sure they tell Newmar exactly what you want.
Jacjetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 04:42 AM   #12

All good advice but I’m having one heck of a time finding 25-30% off. May have to wait for the wave of disenchanted first timers selling out. Dealers seem to be holding firm, one well known dealer only offering 20% on an in stock Kountry Star was actually kind of insulting.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:27 AM   #13

All good advice given above. We finally decided to order a new coach after not finding what we were looking for in stock.
Our order was placed pre-covid, and we received a fairly standard discount at the time, but, we saved another 20K since we we able to eliminate some options that we didn't want.
Wait times have increased, but ordering is the way to go.
Old 11-17-2021, 01:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
All good advice but Iím having one heck of a time finding 25-30% off. May have to wait for the wave of disenchanted first timers selling out. Dealers seem to be holding firm, one well known dealer only offering 20% on an in stock Kountry Star was actually kind of insulting.

We looked at a Ventana 4369 last week and the price we were offered wasn't even 10% off retail. It barely covered the sales tax. We're in Florida for the next few months, I'll keep looking.
RayOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, purchase