Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2004, 06:59 AM   #15

Grant, thanks for posting a positive outcome of your situation. As a Newmar owner, I'm glad to see they are so willing to satisfy you, their customer. Obviously, even while dealing with the aftermath of the paint shop fire, Newmar is able to continue "taking care of business". Good luck and be safe on your trips to Nappanne.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2004, 03:26 PM   #16

Thanks for posting the information regarding Newmar service. Newmar is VERY customer friendly. You used the correct method by documentation, fact, listening, etc.

I would really like to know why the crack developed. I still think that it is related to a flex of the overhang when you connect the truck. They have excellent storage facilities and you will find a good several days to return with the repaired unit.

Best Wishes!
jojolima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:37 PM   #17

Hi All
We were looking at a repo 2001 Mountain Air we sent New-Mar an email on a friday afternoon they called me monday morring with the info on the trailer and said if we need anything let them know they would help us get it.It made it easy to go head and buy the trailer .We not only got the trailer for about half of NADA we have not found one thing wrong.We realy love it.

2001 New Mar Mountain Air 38KSWB
David Sink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 05:55 PM   #18

Hello All
An update, leaving for Nappnaee a week from Thursday! Getting full skin replacement on side that has problems. Will update everyone when we get there. Looking foward to taking the tour of the plant while there. What else is there to see up there? We will not be staying during the repair but will be coming back up to get it sometime in late Jan or early Feb depending on weather.
96 Ford Powerstroke, CC,Long bed DRW, TWildman custom burned 4 pos chip, 3.0 downpipe and Bully Dog 4.0 exhaust, cat deleted, AFE intake system,boost,pyro (located post turbo),trans gage (located in test port),Torqueshift tranny cooler,Firestone air
Horse-Show Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 01:50 AM   #19

Dear Horse Show,

Not alot around there but right next door to the factory is Amish Acres which is a farm/museum and a wonderful restaurant (choose the family style) eating. You could probably spend 3-4 hours there.

2004 Nissan Titan
Vetteldy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 01:18 PM   #20

Thank You Vetteldy 76! Always on the lookout for good chow! My wife and myself are thinking about stopping in Chicago on the way back for a day and checking out the sites. At least I hope that we will have enought money after paying for diesel at $2.00 PLUS. Boy I wish I had a 100 gal bed tank as you can still get diesel here for $1.95. What is diesel running up near you Vetteldy 76?
96 Ford Powerstroke, CC,Long bed DRW, TWildman custom burned 4 pos chip, 3.0 downpipe and Bully Dog 4.0 exhaust, cat deleted, AFE intake system,boost,pyro (located post turbo),trans gage (located in test port),Torqueshift tranny cooler,Firestone air
Old 10-25-2004, 04:43 PM   #21

Horse Show,
I don't know if your unit has MORryde IS suspension under it, but with the problems you have all ready had, I would sure consider putting it on if you don't. It drastically changes the stress on the frame and components of the unit. We just installed it on our Carriage and we are extremely happy with the change in the handling and reduction in lurching. We also put on their new rubber kingpin. Between the two, the ride is completely different. They are located in Elkhart, IN very near the Newmar factory. Very good company and fine products.
Bob
Old 10-25-2004, 05:44 PM   #22

Hello Bob,
How much was your MORryde set up? I would not mind having a better suspension than just the springs and a set of shocks on the trailer.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:05 PM   #23

Returned from the plant on Saturday. I left the unit with Leander who is the shop supervisor in the warr shop. We looked over what was needing to be repaired they had all of my paperwork ready and now I just have to return in late Jan or Feb to pick it up! I was at the plant on Friday and it looked like a full shift was working. A lot of people riding bikes with racks on them leaving the plant at 2:30. Saw a person in the waiting room for warr with a tour badge on which I understand they do not do if the plant is shut down. I guess the 4 day work week is over.

check
Old 11-10-2004, 01:56 PM   #24

My last post to this thread was edited by DriVer on November 7th. I just don't remember what I might have put down that would have caused a moderator who is not even listed on this (Newmar Owners) forum to change my post. Don't they have to at least notify you when they change things?
Old 11-10-2004, 03:59 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Horse-Show Manager:
Don't they have to at least notify you when they change things? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Horse-Show-Manager, I didn't edit any of the content of your post. What I did edit is how you name appears on the screen. If your screen name is tooooooooooooo long it pushes the entire text display area over to the right side of the page. If a member has a 640x480 display it gets to be a big problem because they only get a few words per line and they have to scroll around using the side bars.

If you look at how your name presents you'll see that the text area is its normal size.

Not your fault by the way you didn't know. Using the edit I just forced the way your name is displayed. That's it!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:12 PM   #26

Another thing learned. Thank you for fixing that for me.

Grant
Old 12-15-2004, 04:47 PM   #27

Another update. Talked to Leander in the warr repair department and they are still planning on starting my repairs on the first week of Jan. He told me that they have booked 8 days for the repairs. Last time we went up to drop off the unit we went thru St. Louis and just south of Gary IL. Left from Tulsa OK. Does anyone here live near OK and if so is there another way to go. We were thinking thru Indy and up from there. Streets and Trips says about 80 miles longer. Figured the least amount of time I spend in IL will be a lot cheaper on the fuel budget as I could not belive the price they charged for diesel in Nov when we went up there.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:50 PM   #28

Hello All,
I am writing this from a hotel in IN. I picked up my unit today!! Heading home to Broken Arrow OK. The repair was nothing short of fabulous. Leander said the cracks came from a leak at the top of the bedroom slide that ran down and collected along the bottom of the slide and when the Filon delamiated it weakened it enought to crack due to the slight amount of flexing that all 5th wheels do when taking weight off of the landing gear and onto the pin box. Also they found a roof leak that let the same thing happen on the area over the living room slide. All of the water damaged understructure was replaced on the bedroom slide and they replaced a 4X8 sheet of roofing and repaired the structure over the living room slide. The entire side of Filon was replaced including the skin on both slides!! The decals and paint striping was a dead match for the other side. I checked the first post on this was back in 04/2004. So I think I will sign off this thread and again thank you everyone for your support and suggestions! As fine a group of ladies and gentlemen as I have ever been associated with!!