Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #1

I have a 2003 Scottsdale. It has what appears to be 32 inch wiper blades. I would like to buy refills and have not found them anywhere around here. I called my dealer and they say that refills are not available and new blades are $36 plus tax and shipping. That's about $100 rounded off for the two blades. I think that's too much.
I did a search here and found a thread about 1 month ago regarding this but it is very confusing and relates to different sizes and has someone talking about getting Trico blades that were too wide to fit- etc. etc. Can someone help me and clear it up and help find a place with refills or did people that went to 28 inch from our 32 inch have a problem???
The wipers are about 4 years old now and I am afraid of getting out in the boonies and need a wiper blade in a real bad way. Thanks for any help here...Phil
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #2

I have a 2003 Scottsdale. It has what appears to be 32 inch wiper blades. I would like to buy refills and have not found them anywhere around here. I called my dealer and they say that refills are not available and new blades are $36 plus tax and shipping. That's about $100 rounded off for the two blades. I think that's too much.
I did a search here and found a thread about 1 month ago regarding this but it is very confusing and relates to different sizes and has someone talking about getting Trico blades that were too wide to fit- etc. etc. Can someone help me and clear it up and help find a place with refills or did people that went to 28 inch from our 32 inch have a problem???
The wipers are about 4 years old now and I am afraid of getting out in the boonies and need a wiper blade in a real bad way. Thanks for any help here...Phil
Old 10-06-2006, 06:24 PM   #3

Don't give up yet. Just replaced my 01 wiper blades from an independent auto/truck (big truck) dealership. Don't bother telling them what it's for, just take in one of the blades and let them match it. Got both for about $30.00
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:24 PM   #4

Try this web site.

www.tricoproducts.com/index.cfm?location_id=36

or just get Trico part # 67-321

& Phooey
Jim & Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #5

Reply to Jim and Barb
There was a thread that ran about a month ago on Newmar wiper blades and one of our members - Mahlon - that also has a Scottsdale posted the last item in the thread and said that they did not fit the wiper arm back on page 3 or 4.. That's one of the reasons I am confused (easy to do).

Baby Bear - I did what you recommend about taking it to a big truck company and they were no help. I also took them to NAPA??? I can tell you one thing ---finding refills for these wipers is not an easy thing to do.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:11 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I'm interested in this thread too.

I went to a local dealer for my blades too. Told the saleslady they should have a chair next to the blade-section so we can be sitting down when they tell us the price. She readily agreed.

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fillitup:
Reply to Jim and Barb
There was a thread that ran about a month ago on Newmar wiper blades and one of our members - Mahlon - that also has a Scottsdale posted the last item in the thread and said that they did not fit the wiper arm back on page 3 or 4.. That's one of the reasons I am confused (easy to do). &lt;snip&gt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, that was me. I've been so swamped with honey-do's around the (real) house that I haven't had the time to re-visit this. I do have the replacement Trico blades, but I already know that I'll have to do some fab work involving some 1/4" aluminum spacers (the stock ones on the blade screws are too short, so need to make new ones), ream out the holes in the blades to .255" to clear the spacers, plus cut/fit some Teflon tape to take the place of the Trico plastic bearing that's supposed to go between the blade and the arm channel (which is too wide to fit the Dyna arm channel).

Funny thing... seems like ALL of the RV manufacturers use/used those furshlugginer "Dyna" wipers and paralleogram arms, for which there aren't any spare parts available. I don't get it.

OBTW, Trico doesn't sell refills for these blades!

Before I cut anything I plan on calling Trico to find out if there's a Trico parallelogram arm that can replace the Dyna arm so that the (available) Trico blades can fit without modification.

I changed my avatar as a result of this experience. I hope that it's temporary...
Mahlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #8

What a mess. They have turned something that could be so simple to something so complicated. I am getting very uncomfortable with not having a back up set. We travel in remote areas all over the USA and I can't imagine being in the boonies and needing them???????

Phil
Old 10-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I have 98 dsdp and got refils via local Napa store..if I remember they looked them up under motorcoaches and had them in stock on the shelf
clubmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by clubmed98:
I have 98 dsdp and got refils via local Napa store..if I remember they looked them up under motorcoaches and had them in stock on the shelf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For a 32" blade?
Old 10-10-2006, 06:54 PM   #11

OK, I've figured this out. For all those who are trying to fit the 32" Trico blades to the Dyna arms, here's what I did.

You will need: One .255" chucking reamer (a twist drill MAY work, but a reamer does a far better job).

1. Remove old blade. SAVE the locking nut, bolt, s/s spacer, and the bit of thin plastic used as, I guess, a bearing material (be careful, it tears easily). Discard blade.

2. Using the reamer, enlarge the larger pair of pivot holes on the Trico blade to .255". You can now insert the spacer into the blade. The spacer is too short, though, because the Trico blade is wider than the Dyna blade, but it'll do.

3. Reassemble. Don't overtighten the bolt; the spacer isn't long enough to take the load. Make sure that the washer fluid nozzle fits correctly on the side of the wiper arm channel.

This will do for now; what I need to do is fabricate longer spacers on the lathe when I get the chance and some stainless steel tubing.

If your plastic tears up, maybe you can use something like overhead projector transparency film to make a replacement.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:02 PM   #12

I found replacement blades for our 05 DSDP at the following web site. Price was $32.08 + $8.00 for shipping. The blade # is Trico 67-321. Lots easier than trying to adapt another blade. Unfortunately, there is no refill available yet but the ones on the coach are over a year old and still working OK. The blade is the same as used on metro buses and heavy duty rigs. 32" Wiper Blades

2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
timz61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:52 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
mine are 24 not 32 so that might be the difference but they had many other newmars listed so they may be in the book under motorhomes..
clubmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:36 AM   #14

I wish I had read this thread before going and buying new blades. I had to order the Trico's at the local parts store as they didn't have them in stock.

$56.00 each

Can anyone say...ripoff!

2003 KSDP
Ed-Deb is offline   Reply With Quote