Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
cwg

The local paper has been advertising North Trail RV in Ft. Myers is going to have a four day Newmar luxury rv sale starting on Feb. 15. They are serving lunch daily, but more importantly, they are stating Newmar representatives will be at the dealership... good chance for us in the locale to go down and see what Bob has been learning firsthand in Nappanee about the future line/changes.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2007, 05:26 AM   #2
cwg

The local paper has been advertising North Trail RV in Ft. Myers is going to have a four day Newmar luxury rv sale starting on Feb. 15. They are serving lunch daily, but more importantly, they are stating Newmar representatives will be at the dealership... good chance for us in the locale to go down and see what Bob has been learning firsthand in Nappanee about the future line/changes.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:48 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

A good chance indeed Chuck and I HIGHLY recommend it.

Not sure when the '08 models will be unveiled, but there are some NEAT things coming down the assembly line.

Say HI to Diesel Dan at North Trail, tell him BobG sent ya....Might even get ya a free lunch!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:39 AM   #4

Chuck

I'd be very interested to know if they are still going to use Workhorse chassis on the front engine gassers. I've been told they're going with Ford, but I would hope that Workhorse would at least be an option. Particularly in the larger gassers. I know on the new high end (Mountain Aire replacement) they're going to be useing the Fred. I'd also like to know if Workhorse would be an option there.

Thanks in advance

Jack

Jack Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #5
cwg

Bob: Saw Diesel Dan prior to your message and indeed, I anticipated your greeting to him and said hello for you. I then related your past few days of adventures/experiences. He is still selling rv's like crazy, but contrary to what I had surmised, they still have four Essexs in inventory. All their Essexs at the Tampa show were sold though.

Did not eat the free lunch there as I was more interested in meeting and discussing what is in line for 2008 with Ken Williamson from Newmar on the high line.

Also I wanted to take the opportunity to meet John and Pam Lane as they were doing the PDI on their rig today. I could tell from our short encounter they are every bit as nice as many of you have told me previously

Jack: It is a relatively poor weather day here in Florida by their standards ( meaning rain) so I only talked to Ken. Didn't stray too far from the tented area. He is in charge of the Essex, etc. So if I return in the next day or so, I will seek out the information you asked about. As the weather was so bad in Nappanee ( just ask Bob), I am not sure how many people from the factory came down. Ken said he had to dig out several cars from the snow in order to travel out.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:23 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I know on the new high end (Mountain Aire replacement) they're going to be useing the Fred. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
JACK and/or CHUCK: Can you find out if the MA replacement is exclusively on FRED???, or will it also be available on the W-25.5 like the 07 MACA. Thanks, ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #7

Thanks Chuck, any information you can ascertain will be appreciated.

Jack

Jack Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Ed, I saw the WH chassis while on the tour and I'm relatively certain it was on an '08.

As we've previously discussed,it was NOT the UFO....
Old 02-15-2007, 11:01 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As we've previously discussed,it was NOT the UFO.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
BOB: Yes, I understand Newmar has no plans to use the UFO under their 2008 offerings

But MUST you keep rubbing it in??

I just "hope" this does not cost them a sale to my wife. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:09 AM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

You'd think you had some connection to Workhorse...
Old 02-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #11
cwg

Went back down to see the Newmar reps today and spoke with Ken Williamson. As far as the gas platforms go, he said he could not answer any questions about their power plants as he only works in the diesel coach arena. The other rep today was a new employee who has just come on board and has a learning curve to become familiar with the aspects of new models and engines.... So I inquired as to some of the other questions we all raise.

The 2008 models are to be introduced at the FMCA rally in Perry, Georgia in March, and as far as Ken knows, most models will be present. As far as the first delivery on 2008 rigs, they will be released around June 1 of this year.

Newmar has been telling consumers that they should expect to pay approximately $15,000 more for a new engine having to burn only the ultra low sulphur fuel. This may be a little more than what Cummins will ultimately charge them, but they are being liberal on the upcharge so there will be no greater sticker shock.

By the way, after hearing on this and other forums that all K2 chassis were sold out, I heard Ken tell one couple who were prospective buyers of an Essex that he has at least two chassis in inventory. I assume that this discrepency is a result of sold orders being cancelled for various reasons.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

Saw one of those unsold K2 chassis in the high line service area today,they're using it for the high line service school.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
I'd like to go, but the wife said if there is no bunk bed coach to look at why bother? She just does not understand.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #14
Administrator Emeritus

Regrettably,as far as your curious eye, I believe she DOES have the right answer...
She knows you've bent the ear of the Newmar VP that would most likely be the seed planter,so she then knows there's no point...yet.

I do believe that it's likely Ken Williamson would NOT know gas product line issues,as he has his own diesel line to service...