Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2016, 09:06 AM   #57
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
...Needless to say the increased capacity now included as a cost on the 2017 vs free for the upgrade on sold 2016 makes a big difference. ....
Seems to me, as the '17's come out & dealers have 16's on their lot they want to move, there may be some substantial discounts to get rid of coaches with the "cloud" hanging over them for buyers willing to endure the downtime to have the upgrade done.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2016, 12:15 PM   #58

Allen,

What you have said make sense to me. I guess where I have been somewhat picky is in my thought that while the coaches may be very similar, the '17 model likely gave them the opportunity to put more capacity on the FA than they obviously think is required to 'fix' the '16's.

Though, as pointed out, the required capacity for a 'fix' is in the eye of the beholder of which I admittedly have no skin in the game.

Your heartache on the communications, to me, is really what I would consider (and you have said) to be the heart of the matter. While I don't think that Newmar (or any company for that matter) would include outsiders in conversations concerning they hows or whys in their analysis or engineering fix to the problem (too much chance to generate evidence or have too many bellies at the table), a simple "we are not done yet" , "we are working on it", "we got your letter, thanx" would be a good thing for them to do.

John
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:14 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Seems to me, as the '17's come out & dealers have 16's on their lot they want to move, there may be some substantial discounts to get rid of coaches with the "cloud" hanging over them for buyers willing to endure the downtime to have the upgrade done.

Lori-
Does anyone know what the price increase is between two exact models?

I guess the cynic in me thinks.. the price increase may be proportional to the cost they'll be incurring to "fix" the 16's...

Allen... I think I speak for most of us... I really feel for you in your situation.. I would be beside myself if this was happening to me... I hope all your questions.. all your anxieties... all your concerns... are addressed properly by Newmar..

I have to believe they will do the right thing (just might not do it like you would if you were the owner).. there are many on this forum who have experienced the same situation (mr D) and have still been big fans and supporters of Newmar... I hope you'll get to that point someday..

RV'ing is supposed to be fun and carefree.. I just wish the MFG's would help with the "carefree" part...
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:37 PM   #60

John/Eric,
Thank you for your kind words. The fact of the matter is our DS is performing beautifully, we love it and are having a ball traveling around. We've have had two small problems, both were attributed to loose wiring, both were corrected and everything right now is perfect.....life is good.

Turning to the ugliness with Newmar, I agree they do not owe me the specific details of their daily efforts to resolve this problem. I do however expect to be treated with respect and just as you stated, the least they can do is update us...."we're still working the problem" and "we want you to know we have your back" and "we are going to provide the proper fix to your unit". That is all I am asking. I don't know what the correct GAWR should be and Newmar has refused to answer that question for me. I actually believe the 17K FA may be more than enough for the 40 footers, but having said and in the absence of not knowing what the true GAWR should be, I can only conclude Newmar should provide the same GAWR for the 2016s and 2017s. If not what is their rationale. As they stated to me verbally and in writing, cost will not be an issue. If I made that statement/commitment to someone I would expect them to hold me to it, and that's what I am doing now with Newmar. If they don't, I certainly believe I'm entitled to an explanation on why not. It would be unacceptable for the answer to be, we don't want to, we don't have to, we aren't going to....it needs to be a reasonable explanation.

I am very hopeful that Newmar does come through. I am and want to continue to be a Newmar fan. But right now, they are not acting like the company I thought they were when I ordered our coach.

Allen
wam16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar