Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2015, 09:59 PM   #1

Newmar Service in Southern California

We are new to the Newmar family and have just purchased a 2012 Mountain Aire. I'm looking for suggestions on where to take the coach for some minor maintenance items and minor repairs. I know that Newmar has a couple of dealers in the area (Riverside and San Diego) that they will recommend, but I am somewhat hesitant of taking a MH to a dealer for repair items based on prior experiences.
Does anyone out there have any recommendations on RV repair shops in the Los Angeles/Orange County areas?
Beach Aire is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2015, 11:15 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Beach Aire....for mechanical repairs, both Colton Truck and Redlands Truck repair have pretty good reputations. Can't help you with non drive train repairs. We're too far up north to recommend anyone.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:58 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Hey Beach Aire,
Welcome to the forum! I just recently purchased a new Tiffin Bus and needed some warranty work done on it. At first I went back to Mike Thompson's where I bought it but found them to be a real PITA for repairs. Then I was referred to these people over in Chino RV Repair | RV Service | RV Paint & Body. In my opinion they are a first rate RV repair business and I was very pleased with their work and time frame. I would definitely go back for any future repairs that I may need.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:09 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
These guys work on everything. RV Body Shop and Truck Repair, Service, Interior Remodels, Paint, Collision, Body, Frame and Alignment | Free Estimates
Josh will work on anything and it good. I have been getting some upgrades done.

This a good Mobile Service South Coast RV Repair Brett cannot work on everything but he will come to you.
Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #5

Beach Aire----

Call Tom Lindstrom who sells Newmar's in Moorpark....If you don't mind a bit of a drive, he recommended a guy in Agoura that I have used 2x for Newmar warranty repairs....right off the 101.......Sorry--I forget the name and not around the paperwork....

It is a small RV repair facility, like Lindstrom's sales business....I found them to be very good and responsive......

Had to have the micro replaced and both roof airs......I arrived at 0800 and the parts were pre-ordered and waiting...Leisurely breakfast and all done after breakfast.....I was pleased.....
sd1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:06 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Take a look at RV service reviews... RV Service Reviews
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:40 PM   #7

I would not recommend Redlands Truck Service
Cfyanes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:52 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfyanes View Post
I would not recommend Redlands Truck Service
Why?

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:50 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Hey Beach Aire,
Welcome to the forum! I just recently purchased a new Tiffin Bus and needed some warranty work done on it. At first I went back to Mike Thompson's where I bought it but found them to be a real PITA for repairs. Then I was referred to these people over in Chino RV Repair | RV Service | RV Paint & Body. In my opinion they are a first rate RV repair business and I was very pleased with their work and time frame. I would definitely go back for any future repairs that I may need.

Sammie
I had a horrible time dealing with Mike Thompson during the sales cycle. Based on their Yelp reviews, it seems their service is just as bad.

As for McBrides, I've taken my previous gasser over there and I was very happy with their service. I like dealing directly with the owner. Good people!
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomakat View Post
I had a horrible time dealing with Mike Thompson during the sales cycle. Based on their Yelp reviews, it seems their service is just as bad.

As for McBrides, I've taken my previous gasser over there and I was very happy with their service. I like dealing directly with the owner. Good people!

Mike Thompson has a bunch of crooks working for them and the worst service people on the planet.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1209 View Post
Beach Aire----

Call Tom Lindstrom who sells Newmar's in Moorpark....If you don't mind a bit of a drive, he recommended a guy in Agoura that I have used 2x for Newmar warranty repairs....right off the 101.......Sorry--I forget the name and not around the paperwork....

It is a small RV repair facility, like Lindstrom's sales business....I found them to be very good and responsive......

Had to have the micro replaced and both roof airs......I arrived at 0800 and the parts were pre-ordered and waiting...Leisurely breakfast and all done after breakfast.....I was pleased.....
That would be Coast RV in Agoura Hills.
818 889-8889
Old 11-04-2015, 08:35 PM   #12

J and L in Colton is good and might be closer for you.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, newmar, service