Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2022, 12:43 PM   #1

Newmar Steps Up To Fix Problem

This past Thursday I was working on getting ready to leave for a trip over the July 4th weekend. Ran one slide, RF out. Then tried to get the FWS slide to go out...no go, motor did not run, but you could hear relay clicking. My local tech was working at the storage facility and came over to take a look. There was voltage everywhere there was supposed to be, relays were working fine, but motor would not run. He touched the post on the motor with his test light and it started running as I held down the switch. He found post very hot and quite loose as well with burn marks around the post area. Wire was also very hot.

Called Newmar support, sent them a picture and they called HWH and HWH indicated that it was a known problem with some motors, and they authorized a replacement. It was too late to get it shipped on Thursday so they shipped Friday for Saturday delivery so that I would be able to take my trip as scheduled. This is all being covered under warranty, and the new motor even included a new relay and cable. They are going to send a call tag to send the old one back.

I was very happy with the response from Newmar. I feel that they do care about customer service, and did what was necessary to get me fixed up.

I know we all complain about things that happen, but this one had a happy ending!

Have a good 4th!
Mark3101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2022, 01:09 PM   #2

Yea, Newmar is always nice, usually some help and at times clueless. HWH on the other hand is another story. I have been able to get a hold of them without any issues but my main beef is that the quality of the parts they use are questionable! I have had three separate HWH issues in one year on a new rig and all were due to defective parts that HWH provided. The internal seals they use on their hydraulics appear to be the issue-or maybe the assembly of those parts. I should not have three leaking issues in one year on new parts-these were not due to Newmar assembly issues either. HWH really needs to step up and get their quality right in the first place. My biggest fear is to have the hydraulics malfunction completely and have to bring the FWS in manually-could be an all day job possibly.
UMXHAULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 08:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark3101 View Post
This past Thursday I was working on getting ready to leave for a trip over the July 4th weekend. Ran one slide, RF out. Then tried to get the FWS slide to go out...no go, motor did not run, but you could hear relay clicking. My local tech was working at the storage facility and came over to take a look. There was voltage everywhere there was supposed to be, relays were working fine, but motor would not run. He touched the post on the motor with his test light and it started running as I held down the switch. He found post very hot and quite loose as well with burn marks around the post area. Wire was also very hot.

Called Newmar support, sent them a picture and they called HWH and HWH indicated that it was a known problem with some motors, and they authorized a replacement. It was too late to get it shipped on Thursday so they shipped Friday for Saturday delivery so that I would be able to take my trip as scheduled. This is all being covered under warranty, and the new motor even included a new relay and cable. They are going to send a call tag to send the old one back.

I was very happy with the response from Newmar. I feel that they do care about customer service, and did what was necessary to get me fixed up.

I know we all complain about things that happen, but this one had a happy ending!

Have a good 4th!
Good to hear a story with a happy ending. Good for Newmar.
Country Road is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:19 AM   #4

Yes, stuff goes wrong when you try to contact Newmar. Yes, some of the stuff isn't done right when the coach is built. But on the whole I have had very good results from my interactions with Newmar customer service and Newmar factory service. As a former Thor owner, I'm here to say that Newmar is by far a much better support and service experience and the coach is built much better as well.
2019 New Aire
Bill

Tags
newmar, problem, steps