Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2021, 07:05 AM   #15

Thanks …. I had no idea that the Super C’s from Newmar were so constrained.

Chuck
KenneysSeeAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2021, 08:03 AM   #16

Talking about the SS vs the SA, the more frills and buttons the more things to have problems. I like comfort by all means but would rather have a nice comfortable RELIABLE coach than anything. For me I do not want all the frills. Its just not who I am or what I like. I wish they had other floor material options. I'm not a tile guy either. Had it in my home in many places and have it just about all removed now. I will say thats what attracted me to Renegade to begin with. Just a beautiful simple great MH.. Now Newmar has created a new beast with more storage and taken this to the next level. I think the Super Star is as close to what fits us as anything we have found.

Now lets make this personal. If anyone feels like saying in a ball park of what they actually bought one for would be appreciated. I know options cost money but just ball park numbers. I promise I will not tell anyone and I will be the only one to read the posts...
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renegade View Post
Talking about the SS vs the SA, the more frills and buttons the more things to have problems. I like comfort by all means but would rather have a nice comfortable RELIABLE coach than anything. For me I do not want all the frills. Its just not who I am or what I like. I wish they had other floor material options. I'm not a tile guy either. Had it in my home in many places and have it just about all removed now. I will say thats what attracted me to Renegade to begin with. Just a beautiful simple great MH.. Now Newmar has created a new beast with more storage and taken this to the next level. I think the Super Star is as close to what fits us as anything we have found.

Now lets make this personal. If anyone feels like saying in a ball park of what they actually bought one for would be appreciated. I know options cost money but just ball park numbers. I promise I will not tell anyone and I will be the only one to read the posts...
The 4059 we have ordered priced out within a few thousand $$$ of the Renegade Verona LE 40LRB.
Fishrsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Hey guys thanks for all the responses. I posted the thread and then took a trip to a place in Kentucky that zero to minimal cell service. I caught up on the reading and all great thoughts.

KenneysSeeAm, I think Newmar has restricted the dealers who can offer the Super C's. I do not think its based on the quality of the dealership but more so the process of trying to keep up the orders in this new world we are living in.

The DW has researched hard while I was away and she has narrowed it down but not sure I agree. Like that matters...

Whats difficult for me is getting used to Newmars exterior color schemes. They are nice and very pretty but just not something I am used to. DW loves them though.
We ordered custom colors for our build, you can't change the graphic scheme but you can choose the colors for a small $$$ upcharge.
Old 08-18-2021, 10:52 AM   #19

What I cant understand about the SS is that it only has 1000ft/tq compared to the 1150 on the Renegade and Dynamax DX3. Same 8.9L engine and same rated HP
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:59 AM   #20

The SS has 360 HP and 1150 lb ft torque.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:27 PM   #21

Quote:

I liked the carpet on the slides in mine. $100k for flush tile floor just wasn’t it for me. Simple push button wall switches beat the patootie out of touchscreens that fail frequently. While I won’t share the actual unit price, after some modifications were made mine was around $365k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawten5 View Post
What I cant understand about the SS is that it only has 1000ft/tq compared to the 1150 on the Renegade and Dynamax DX3. Same 8.9L engine and same rated HP
You’re probably reading an error somewhere. The SS stock is 350/1150. Mine was uprated to 380/1250.
Suburbazine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 01:40 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Suburbazine,
you are just down the road from us.. send me a PM when you get time..

cheers and safe travels
HAM - K5OJT - Yaesu 991A
GUS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:13 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishrsafe View Post
We ordered custom colors for our build, you can't change the graphic scheme but you can choose the colors for a small $$$ upcharge.
Really?? Didn't know that but I am sure interested in it..

[QUOTE=Suburbazine;5878556]I liked the carpet on the slides in mine. $100k for flush tile floor just wasn’t it for me. Simple push button wall switches beat the patootie out of touchscreens that fail frequently. While I won’t share the actual unit price, after some modifications were made mine was around $365k.

Suburbazine,

I know thats personal info but I sure appreciate it. Thats in relation to the numbers I am getting sir. Thank you.

I was really trying for a Renegade Explorer but the numbers were just more than I want to spend no more than we will use it. If we full timed I would have no problem with it. The best numbers I got on the Explorer were 457k

You’re probably reading an error somewhere. The SS stock is 350/1150. Mine was uprated to 380/1250.[/QUOT
Old 08-18-2021, 02:19 PM   #24

2020 and 21 SS has 350/1000. They must have stepped up in '22. I'm sure it's just a derate.
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:24 PM   #25

One thing I forgot to ask is are the AC units able to cool the MH even in extreme heat? There are several threads on Newmar DS's where people complain the MH really needs 3 AC's. This is mainly in the 40' and plus sizes. How are the 40' SS's in the heat?
Old 08-18-2021, 03:52 PM   #26

Quote:
One thing I forgot to ask is are the AC units able to cool the MH even in extreme heat? There are several threads on Newmar DS's where people complain the MH really needs 3 AC's. This is mainly in the 40' and plus sizes. How are the 40' SS's in the heat?
The windows need ceramic tint with maximum IR rejection. If you keep the shades open and windows unprotected, the heat load will overwhelm the front AC unit. The bedroom AC unit never has an issue though. There is no appreciable heat transfer through the walls, floor or ceiling. Only the glass, and mostly in the cab area at that.
Suburbazine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 05:16 PM   #27

As I mentioned in my earlier post, we had ordered a Renegade Explorer but canceled it after much deliberation. The full wall slide on the Newmar, the larger bedroom and master bath, egress door, manual switches for slides instead of the Firefly system, air cab and seats, larger storage bays etc.
Old 08-18-2021, 06:15 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Quote:
Magneshades are your friend... the insulation in the body of the Super Star is great.. the windows DO transfer alot of heat.. but the window awnings, magneshades we use help alot and we have been out on some 100 degree days in high humidity!
HAM - K5OJT - Yaesu 991A
GUS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar