Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2022, 07:29 AM   #1

Newmar Super Star - Ladder

I am new to RVing and purchased a 2022 Newmar Super Star late last year. This coach does not have a mounted ladder on the back due to the flip-up door on the back of the coach. There is a defined storage area for a ladder inside and I'm looking for the best ladder to fit into this space that still allows me to get on the roof safely. Has anyone found the perfect ladder? If so, I would greatly appreciate some advice. Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2022, 07:50 AM   #2

This is what I purchased for our 2022 4059 Superstar. It's very sturdy unlike the cheap import version's and fits nicely in the flat storage area above the frame rails. It's not lightweight, approximately 45lbs but is very well built.

https://xtendandclimb.com/products/785p.html

Hope this helps,

Pete
Old 06-14-2022, 06:19 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
This is similar to the one I bought. When looking at these ladders as a means to get on the roof, take note of the difference between extended length vs reach.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23445037711...IAAOSwZUhiIcBa

I also carry a 7' folding double sided ladder. It folds to 3.5 inches by 4.5 inches, and fits easily in a storage bay.

https://www.amazon.com/GP-Logistics-...aps,356&sr=8-2
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 07:14 PM   #4

Perfect. Thank you both for the quick responses. Much appreciated!
Old 06-14-2022, 11:55 PM   #5

I've used this for about a year now with no issues. The wider base helps immensely in gravel sites. I stow it in the center half-passthrough in the front.

https://www.amazon.com/Telescoping-E.../dp/B07MX7MQGD
Suburbazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:06 AM   #6

That wider base with 4 contact points looks very promising. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2022, 10:29 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I’ve yet to encounter a telescoping ladder that inspires any confidence in me. For ten years I’ve used a 16ft folding ladder. First was a Werner that served me well for about 6-7 years but was a bit heavy and cumbersome at 40 Lbs. About 3-4 years ago I switched to the HF version of the Little Giant, which is 25% lighter and easier to set up and move around. It can function as a short stepladder, an 8ft step, or a 32 ft extension.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 07:40 PM   #8

This maybe slightly off topic as my knowledge is limited to Class A. I remember a couple of years back someone posted the suggestion to use a ladder to get on a slideout corner. Sounded great and works. Basically extend two adjacent slides out and place the ladder leaning in-between to one of the slide upper corner, close to the rv stationary wall. Then set up to the roof off the slide. Specifically, I extend the master bed and galley slides. You are protected on three sides at that point. I climb onto the bed slide, and then up on the roof. If you want protection from the remaining open side, put a long 2x4 across the back of the trim rings on the top of the slides.

Don't see any mention of this approach. I actually prefer it to the straight up mounted rear oem ladder.

Comments?
PeteDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 05:51 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Newmar Super Star - Ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
……..About 3-4 years ago I switched to the HF version of the Little Giant, …..It can function as a short stepladder, an 8ft step, or a 32 ft extension…...
I apologize. I just noted the error in this post of mine from a few days ago. Too late to auto edit.
The last portion should read “… It can function as a short stepladder, an 8ft step, or a 16 ft extension…”
Sorry!
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar