Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2015, 05:36 AM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Welcome Brooks,

Thank you in advance for the information you will be providing us. What prompted you to select Newmar over a different rv manufacturer? Do you personally own a Newmar product?
jbrown000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi fellow RV'rs,

As Brooks hasn't been on the forum for quite some time I thought it would help to jump in here for him and update folks on where he is and what he's doing.

First, I would like to thank everyone, both on this and the Hoots threads, for their kind comments. Many of you know that Brooks is my son and I want you to know that am really proud of the work he has been doing to help many of us with the repair and maintenance issues common to our motor home ownership.

Brooks had the greatest of intentions when he first posted this thread, he was highly energized after returning home from Newmar Technical school and I was really hoping for ongoing training for us all. He quickly realized that what he was embarking on was going to be a tad bit more difficult than he first envisioned. Like most RV repair shops these days, his boss at Texas RV was keeping him working long hours 6 days a week. He was just exhausted at the end of the day and had a difficult time putting together the information he hoped he could post. Additionally, it seems that presenting technical material is not much different than posting about politics or religion. There always seems to be opinionated folks out there who want to challenge just about anything you post. This was a quick and valuable lesson and Brooks learned after only a few threads that this task could very well be a losing battle. It doesn't take many argumentative folks to spoil it for the group.

Brooks decided in July that he wanted to venture out in his own mobile business. He sees a huge need for service people who are really focused on providing a quality service that I'm sure most of us will agree is difficult to find today. We all know the drill, when the coach needs work you call your dealership or the local shops and the answer is usually, we don't have anything for the next 4 weeks, or 6 or perhaps even 8. They get the coach and then it sits while they get parts or do whatever it is they do. Perhaps when you get it back after several weeks things weren't even repaired correctly. (that couldn't happen, could it?)

So we set out to purchase Brooks the right truck, tools, inventory, equipment we thought he would need to have a shot at success. I spoke with Deek and FLSteve and they thought it could be a real bonus for the Hoots gang to have someone there at the event to perform repairs and upgrades so we made plans to have Brooks make the trek north to Traverse City to join the Hoots III event.

What an amazing week that was for Brooks, the perfect environment for him to "cut his teeth". We booked about 50% of his time ahead of the event knowing that there would be things develop as people made the trip and others might realize after seeing Brooks in action that they should have some work done. Well, he was a busy guy and filled his schedule and then some. Like all the rest of us at the event, he made many new friends and got to understand what I love most about this crazy motor home lifestyle. A special thanks to all the Hoots for making Brooks so welcome and for all the support, it was such a great experience for him and I know he's looking forward to seeing you all again next year.

Brooks took an extended road trip on his way home from Michigan and visited Newmar and many suppliers in the Nappanee/Elkhart area as well as others to the west like HWH, TriMark, Summit and MCD to name a few. He is now fully engaged in this new venture and working diligently to exceed his customers expectations. Deek shared a story on the Hoots thread about a recent service experience and Brooks hopes to provide that kind of service to all his customers on a consistent basis.

I don't want this to sound like a marketing plug because it isn't meant to be. Many have asked about Brooks and wondered what happened on this thread and I thought I should respond and let you know he's doing well and he's incredibly excited about this new opportunity. It's great to see him finally find that passion in life he has been searching for these past few years. He truly loves what he is doing and it shows in the work he is doing. What is it they say, "if you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life"? He's found that place.

The name of his business is Motorcoach Mobile Care LLC, he doesn't have a website nor will he have one in the future. He is working closely with Newmar and currently speaking with another manufacturer about doing their work. He wants to stay small, develop long term relationships with his customers and add to his business with referrals. He wants to take it slow and do it right.

So, that's what he is up to these days and thanks again to all of you who have been so supportive.

Oh, BTW fellow Hoots. Brooks is still working on the arial video from Hoots III, as soon as it's done he will post a link so you can all download it. It's a huge undertaking but he's making progress, I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

CONTACT FOR BROOKS W
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4563.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	110940  
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:33 AM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Small detail

Where is Brooks' home territory?
slowspokes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:23 AM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Brooks services the greater Houston area but is certainly willing to travel.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:42 AM   #61

Thanks for the update, sounds great to hear he is still in the RV repair business, and that you are still supporting him.
I really think you have a great idea, mobile repair, Newmar orientated, and the willingness to travel. Realizing one person cannot be everywhere at once, maybe having a couple of partners would be a good idea!
Since being on the road is the RV way... trying to cover all of the country will be quite difficult.
I personally use these forums as my first go to avenue when I encounter problems. I follow up with calls to the dealerships, and Newmar customer service.
I am looking forward to the video...
dhlairbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:25 AM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I can attest that Brooks was one busy dude at the Hoots III rally. I figured it would be quite a challenge to not only manage the appointment made pre-rally but also the inevitable "While you are here..." or "While you are working on this could you look at..." situations that presented themselves.

It also seemed that he was starting to grasp the pressures he will face as he gets pulled in several unplanned directions brought on by increasing requests for his assistance. I was one of those that asked him to do a couple minor things IF HE HAD THE TIME. It wasn't critical stuff but he worked me in late in the week. I found him congenial and dedicated to doing great work. While he was working my issue I made the comment that I appreciated his fitting me in and said he must have been very busy. He made a comment that he had to stay away from some of the social functions because he knew it would be non-stop RV talk and he needed time to decompress. I found that to be very wise even if a bit sad however it showed me he was working on self-discipline to be able to keep up the pace.

I also felt he was as well prepared to handle many common issues with a well stocked, big van. He was extremely professional in how he worked and handled the pressure very well from what I could see. I've seen a few mobile techs that I sometimes thought worked out of a salvage yard and some that had a good presentation but none as sharp as Brooks'.

BTW...Scott/SWag...you just go ahead and "market" Brooks. That is what family does to show support. It sounds like you are not only providing some material support but also helping him with guidance and good old fashion fatherly advice. We parents should always hope that our children look up to us even as they get older.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:54 AM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Good for him.... Wish him the best....How about posting his business card?
Old 11-02-2015, 08:39 AM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's Brooks' contact information.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MMC Contact Info.png
Views:	197
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	110975  
Old 11-03-2015, 07:20 AM   #65
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for the follow up information Scott, he will be noticed by Newmar as people here have, good luck in his future.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #66

Bad Customer Service

Well Brooks came to my home to work on my Dutch Star 10/26/15. He was very organized and seemed to be just what we Newmar owners needed as far as someone that actually knows there job. He diagnosed the problems and said he would order parts and would get back to me soon. On 11/30/15 I contacted Newmar customer service who recommended Brooks to me, after I tried to reach him by phone and email without any response. They tried to reach him also and he finally called me 12/01/15 and apologized and said he would order the rest of the parts and keep me informed. Today I tried contact again with no response again so I do not recommend him to anybody if you can't depend on him to do what he promised.
longhorn9447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:40 PM   #67

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What kind of parts or service are you waiting on? I don't see any information that would put your post into perspective. It would be nice if you could post some of that information.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 02:13 AM   #68
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum and irv2.
Below in my signature are links to many more for your coach and info in this link to many more.
I would try and wait for his return call, he travels to many states making repairs for members and for Newmar in problem situations for them.
He is in a straight out demand situation Newmar needs a few more on road to take the pressure off him.
If you read back in this thread you will find out more info on him and this recent post while at the Hoots rally this summer.
If you could post your coach info in your signature other members can discuss your problems in a new thread many helpful follow owners on the forum.
Enjoy the forum and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:13 PM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
SWag,
If Brooks ever wants to expand there is no doubt a need for someone like him in Atlanta.
Dave H
Golferdave78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 04:28 AM   #70

It does' matter what kind of coach I have it's the fact he will not return a call or message to me or the factory. I am not questioning his ability to repair just his customer service that's all.
longhorn9447 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, newmar